What's Your Favorite Bexley?

pb2

All of them when I get them Butterized by PB....notworthy1.gif

Nice Bexley bling Wendi ~ Be glad to butter up some of yours.happyberet.gif

This ...

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/January%202012%20on/th_919a0d3f.jpg

... or this?

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/pendletonII/February%20Faves%202012/th_be4a9bc9.jpg

Half and half I think....I may need a lay-away plan....embarrassed_smile.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheehmi

• pb2

• zaddick

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which Bexley is my favorite...hmmm

...whichever one is inked up!

I have about two dozen Bexley pens in my collection right now - nothing near the fabulous gregamckinney collection - but I love 'em all. For the past six months or so I seem to have about four or five inked on the desk all the time.

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

• 7 years later...

Wow! Old thread. Let me try to bring it alive again, since I just stumbled across it in a Google search. My all time favorite Bexley -- and all time favorite pen is my Bexley BX701. It is sized and shaped for writing!

• 4 months later...

I'm glad this thread has been revived, because I just got my first Bexley today and I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me something about it. The seller was not able to determine whether it was a production model or some kind of prototype. Some of the photos in this thread have the same general shape, and the same nib and clip, but I didn't see any with a cap band like that. It is 135 mm long capped. In any case, in the spirit of the thread, this is my favorite (and only) Bexley.

post-147249-0-30493800-1567738746_thumb.jpg

Hi Pail. It looks like a Sheherazade from maybe 10 years ago. It is not one of the production colors. It could be a prototype or one made after from remaining parts. Without paperwork it is hard to know. The model was one of the few piston fillers and maybe the first regular production piston filler from Bexley.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

The model came out in 2004 and was available in tortoise or smoke grey for regular production. Give your had a gold nib it was probably a prototype as they stopped using gold nibs a few years after due to the spike in gold prices.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!