• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Jinhao 159 is still in rotation. The hard-starting-after-sitting problem may have been an ink-related issue. I had Visconti Brown in it. When that was gone, I switched a Mont Blanc Midnight Blue cartridge from a pen it wasn't performing well in, to the Jinhao. Love how the MB Midnight Blue behaves in it.

Jinhao X750 With customized (camel red ink+ little bit of royal blue )

http://i50.tinypic.com/21erino.jpg

Edited by ishameek
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Feels a bit dry.

opposite problem here. my X750 was so wet, that i temporarily retired it after it emptied the cartridge. let me estimate the consumption - about 5 pages with one international (small) cartridge? and since the paper is of low quality, you can read from the back side.

reactivated the kaigelu 322, which writes much drier.

Isn't Pel a dry ink? Knowing that, you could use it to tame a wet writer, then pick a wet ink for a dry writer...

Ink properties are kewl.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Sort of off topic....

But, I have 'contributed' :unsure: to this topic a number of times...but it no longer appears in my 'My Content' page...wonder why that is? And, I have contributed a number of times since it 'disappeared' and still it doesn't appear there ...any ideas how I can get it back in there...and no rude suggestions either.... :roflmho:

?

No idea. I have never found the 'My Content' page of the Profile to be terribly reliable. It's possible that the thread is now so old it's not searched as part of the topic searches.

Regards,

Richard.

same with me. i find that old threads are taken out on "my content's" page.

today: Kaigelu 316 amber.

Sort of off topic....

But, I have 'contributed' :unsure: to this topic a number of times...but it no longer appears in my 'My Content' page...wonder why that is? And, I have contributed a number of times since it 'disappeared' and still it doesn't appear there ...any ideas how I can get it back in there...and no rude suggestions either.... :roflmho:

try clicking "watch topic" at the top of the page and you'll get emailed when someone posts... you'll get swamped, tho'!

TWSBI 540 and mini. Love them. Jinhao hates me so I had to swear off. Alas, cool pens, but TWSBI more than makes up for the loss.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Didn't want to do it, I was hoping to get my rotation down to three pens. But I had nothing with blue. So I just inked up my new, never-inked-before Guanleming 978 "Accountant" with Pilot Namiki Blue.

I am partial to flighters, so I like the brushed stainless steel finish and gold trim of the 978. So far, so good. Looking forward to see how it behaves over the next couple of days.

The nib of the last one looks exactly as the one of Rotring Surf...

Three pens showed up today from China, and each one is very different.

post-80102-0-71610800-1328224268.jpg

This is a Baoer 517. It's not a bad pen, but it isn't as smooth as my other Baoer. I would consider this a medium weight pen and the nib need a bit of work as it is a bit scratchy and skips if you are writing very quickly. I will practice working on the nib with this pen. Its inked with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue.

post-80102-0-92540200-1328224450.jpg

This is a Yiren 823. So this is one very heavy pen, even though it appears to be made of some sort of ceramic, it is 100% metal. The design is just painted on. There are two small areas that show blemishes in the finish, but nothing major. It writes very smoothly and is a bit on the wet side. It is heavier than the Twsbi 540 so I cannot write with it for very long before my hand starts to cramp. It will likely not be an everyday type of pen. It is currently filled with Diamine Sunset.

post-80102-0-35688200-1328224811.jpg

This pen is called the Dolce Vita Naranja, and was the most expensive of the pens that arrived today at 10 USD shipped. Personally that $10 could have been better spent. It is nearly 100% plastic and weighs about the same as a BIC pen. Its inked with Private Reserve DC Super Violet and likely when it's empty I will give it away to some unsuspecting relative. It is not scratchy and not a dry writer but there just isn't enough weight to the pen to inspire any confidence. One good thing is that the cap snaps very tightly and when you post it the cap snaps onto the silver band in the rear very securely. The nib is marked GERMANY.

One thing I am finding about these pens, they must be made for people with very small hands. I have a great deal of trouble using them if they are not posted. Of course when posted, the balance is all over the place. After I am done with these pens I have a few more in my watch list so maybe I will hit the jackpot on the next batch.

?

No idea. I have never found the 'My Content' page of the Profile to be terribly reliable. It's possible that the thread is now so old it's not searched as part of the topic searches.

Regards,

Richard.

same with me. i find that old threads are taken out on "my content's" page.

today: Kaigelu 316 amber.

Ahhh...that's OK then....just wondered if I had broken something.. :roflmho:

Sort of off topic....

try clicking "watch topic" at the top of the page and you'll get emailed when someone posts... you'll get swamped, tho'!

Errr....thanks very much for the info...but I think I'll pass on that one...

One thing I don't need is any more emails in a day .... :rolleyes:

The nib of the last one looks exactly as the one of Rotring Surf...

Three pens showed up today from China, and each one is very different.

post-80102-0-71610800-1328224268.jpg

This is a Baoer 517. It's not a bad pen, but it isn't as smooth as my other Baoer. I would consider this a medium weight pen and the nib need a bit of work as it is a bit scratchy and skips if you are writing very quickly. I will practice working on the nib with this pen. Its inked with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue.

post-80102-0-92540200-1328224450.jpg

This is a Yiren 823. So this is one very heavy pen, even though it appears to be made of some sort of ceramic, it is 100% metal. The design is just painted on. There are two small areas that show blemishes in the finish, but nothing major. It writes very smoothly and is a bit on the wet side. It is heavier than the Twsbi 540 so I cannot write with it for very long before my hand starts to cramp. It will likely not be an everyday type of pen. It is currently filled with Diamine Sunset.

post-80102-0-35688200-1328224811.jpg

This pen is called the Dolce Vita Naranja, and was the most expensive of the pens that arrived today at 10 USD shipped. Personally that $10 could have been better spent. It is nearly 100% plastic and weighs about the same as a BIC pen. Its inked with Private Reserve DC Super Violet and likely when it's empty I will give it away to some unsuspecting relative. It is not scratchy and not a dry writer but there just isn't enough weight to the pen to inspire any confidence. One good thing is that the cap snaps very tightly and when you post it the cap snaps onto the silver band in the rear very securely. The nib is marked GERMANY.

One thing I am finding about these pens, they must be made for people with very small hands. I have a great deal of trouble using them if they are not posted. Of course when posted, the balance is all over the place. After I am done with these pens I have a few more in my watch list so maybe I will hit the jackpot on the next batch.

Really, my Dolce-Vita Naranja 'had' to be taken out of rotation as I wasn't using any of my 'other' pens...Chinese, German, English....etc etc etc

Just shows...we are all different...incidentally my hands are considered 'Large' by glove manufacturers...Size 9 ...usually :unsure:

Edited by 51ISH

the kaigelu 322 dried in overnight (left capped in the pen mug, nib downward). most probably the cause is its broken inner cap.

that left the hero 7022 as the office pen of choice - and it works flawlessly.