What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

using dark green of jinhao 992 today inked with J Herbin Diabolo Menthe. We all know how 992s are good, but this ink, too good for me. I fell in love with it. I saw so many people are didn't like it, but another favourite of mine is Rouille D'ancre, so it's ok. :)

It's all Greek to me...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fully backed up by Helens' beautiful Luxor in the photie immediately following your post Maurizio. :D

Ian

Ian, not only is the Luxor a beautiful pen and a smooooth writer, but that Picasso pen box is even eye catching.

fpn_1495641003__picassopenbox.jpg

fpn_1495641064__picassopenbox2.jpg

Black Baoer 517 with Diamine Midnight

Dark Green Jinhao 992 with ParkerQuink Green

Delike Alpha with Koh-i-noor document black

Preparing a class presentation using the following Chinese pens:

Jinhao 992 - inked with Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue

LingMo Lorelei - inked with Diamine Sherwood Green

fpn_1495739840__pens52517.jpg

A fake "famous brand pen". :D

Writes extremely well after I corrected the scratchy nib. The tines were a bit misaligned. Used this explanation to correct LINK LINK. Suddenly, I heard a click and the scratchy noise had disappeared.

One of my favourite Chinese pens.

Edited by mke

http://i.imgur.com/BcWTZ71.jpg

Forgive my terrible photography skills combined with bad lighting (and handwriting) :lol:

Today I'm using Jinhao x750 Shimmering Sands inked with Pilot Black :) I love this pen, it's really pretty :wub:

I gave one of these to my sister, and her friends have been interested and asked her about the price of the pen :D I might just have lured some new fp users B)

http://i.imgur.com/BcWTZ71.jpg

Forgive my terrible photography skills combined with bad lighting (and handwriting) :lol:

Today I'm using Jinhao x750 Shimmering Sands inked with Pilot Black :) I love this pen, it's really pretty :wub:

I gave one of these to my sister, and her friends have been interested and asked her about the price of the pen :D I might just have lured some new fp users B)

Like yourself, I really like the Jinhao X750. What size nib is that? Fine or Medium

Like yourself, I really like the Jinhao X750. What size nib is that? Fine or Medium

The large Jinhaos (#6 nib) are, as far as I know, all "medium". However, there is a range from "fine medium" to "medium broad medium". The latter tend to be on their commemorative pens.

The nice thing is, the X-750s are cheap enough that you can cut the nib down to a nice fine if you want. I have done that with a couple, and now have a range of nib sizes in my various X-750s from fine, through Naginata Togi (after the Sailor) to medium broad.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

The large Jinhaos (#6 nib) are, as far as I know, all "medium". However, there is a range from "fine medium" to "medium broad medium". The latter tend to be on their commemorative pens.

The nice thing is, the X-750s are cheap enough that you can cut the nib down to a nice fine if you want. I have done that with a couple, and now have a range of nib sizes in my various X-750s from fine, through Naginata Togi (after the Sailor) to medium broad.

Thanks, for the writing looked more like a fine, or fine-med.

Jinhao X750 - B. Nib. Noodler's Ottoman Rose

LingMo Lorelei - Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Jinhao 992 - Diamine Sherwood Green

fpn_1495932975__pens52717c.jpg

It is a medium nib, but to me the line looks the same width as my Jinhao 992.

It is a medium nib, but to me the line looks the same width as my Jinhao 992.

Thanks. I find the Jinhao 992 a real surprise. The nib is surprisingly smooth, and feels good in my hand. For $1.54 US, it is like finding a small pearl in the midst of a lot of options. I have been using both the Jinhao 992 and LingMo Lorelei quite a bit, to really break them in. My Lorelei is a really nice looking pen, particularly the green & amber yellow. So far holding up well.

Thanks. I find the Jinhao 992 a real surprise. The nib is surprisingly smooth, and feels good in my hand. For $1.54 US, it is like finding a small pearl in the midst of a lot of options. I have been using both the Jinhao 992 and LingMo Lorelei quite a bit, to really break them in. My Lorelei is a really nice looking pen, particularly the green & amber yellow. So far holding up well.

I agree, Jinhao 992 is a lovely writer :wub:

I've been thinking of getting the amber yellow LingMo Lorelei for my mum, so thank you for your comment! Definitely getting one on my next order :)

jinhao 992 opaque green w diamine delamere green.

It's all Greek to me...