• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Accidently dropped my Lorelei on an uncarpeted floor. Thank goodness it did not crack. After some nib smoothing and use, I am finding myself enjoying the use of this pen. I am finding the nib is more like a fine/med. There is one thing I have discovered. When removing nib/feed, I find that if you do no replace it properly, you will find ink between the section wall and inner section sleeve. The feed stem groove must be properly aligned with the groove in the section sleeve (since the stem does not come all the way up through the hole). That groove is from side-to-side. I am giving thought to applying a small amt of silicone grease along the side channel to keep ink from seeping between the sleeve and section wall. I have now ordered a 2nd Lorelei (dark green).

fpn_1493422873__lingmolorelei428176.jpg

LingMo Lorelei - Green. Diamine Sherwood Green ink. Beautiful deep green pearlescent color. After ordering the (amber) yellow Lorelei--a bit of nib smoothing and writing with it, the nib began to write more like a true fine/medium. I had begun to enjoy the pen, so I ordered this green one on 4/15/17, and it arrived today. Normally I flush nibs upon arrival, however, I decided to ink it OOTB, and what a nice ink flow. The color of the Lorelei reminds me of the Conklin Duragraph Green, though it is a bit more vibrant. For me the Lorelei is rather a surprise. and I would recommend it. I only wish my camera could really capture the vibrancy of the green.

fpn_1493494325__lingmoloreleigreen42917.

fpn_1493496088__loreleicloseup.jpg

That Lorelei looks like a Sailor knock off, but that green one just too good even for only watch.

Since I didn't get any pens that I ordered this month yet, I'm still using my Luoshi. We have a local brand named Monopol. This brands offer blue, black, and red inks, and only costs 1 dollar. Since they are behaving better than Pelikan inks, I injected a little black to red ink and had a good blood color ink.

my 3 992s are arrived to the customs, and I hope, I'll get them in this week. Also bought another 2 992s, and another 250 of Jinhao.

jinhao 250's look from seller. So nice, dark color

post-129732-0-66737300-1493505894_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadTheNeko

It's all Greek to me...

That Lorelei looks like a Sailor knock off, but that green one just too good even for only watch.

It's not a Sailor knock off. Of course, it has a nib and a section. And a clip. It also does write like a fountain pen.

And it is Chinese, so it must be a knock off.......

It's not a Sailor knock off. Of course, it has a nib and a section. And a clip. It also does write like a fountain pen.

And it is Chinese, so it must be a knock off.......

sorry for my language, sometimes I'm using wrong words to explain a situation(still learning this language), lets say its inspired by them. Sorry!

Edited by MadTheNeko

It's all Greek to me...

sorry for my language, sometimes I'm using wrong words to explain a situation(still learning this language), lets say its inspired by them. Sorry!

How do you know that? All items and books are 'inspired'. In the end there is no originality.

That's a completely different pen. Size, colour, nib, clip, section, the metal parts. No resemblance at all.

ok

It's all Greek to me...

I guess I'll use this for today too. I want to write my new story's draft with it. This pen really has nice color. Only problem is gold painting on the pen peeling off. But this also gives nice looking to pen for me.

Ink: Monopol Red with Monopol Black

post-129732-0-97648000-1493598706_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadTheNeko

It's all Greek to me...

That's a completely different pen. Size, colour, nib, clip, section, the metal parts. No resemblance at all.

Really? True, MadTheNeko did not supply us with the right Sailor model. The Lorelei (like the Jinhao 992), looks a hell of a lot like this. Not the same material, granted, but look at the clip, the cap band and the shape of the pen.

Hey, you're free to think that the Lorelei is a new and original design. Doesn't make it true.

Edited by dan in montreal

Really? True, MadTheNeko did not supply us with the right Sailor model. The Lorelei (like the Jinhao 992), looks a hell of a lot like this. Not the same material, granted, but look at the clip, the cap band and the shape of the pen.

Hey, you're free to think that the Lorelei is a new and original design. Doesn't make it true.

same color as I posted, and same body with this. But I think Jinhao 922 better pen to buy than Lorelei. At least for me :)

It's all Greek to me...

Been scribbling with this new to me Yiren Bookworm 675 Writes well alittle scratchy at the moment, quite weighty and unbalanced when posted, balance is good unposted

34340101226_9a75f58d29_z.jpg

33539452474_e72e0fa787_z.jpg

Kev

Utter nonsense. Every (Chinese) fountain pen that looks like a cigar doesn't mean it is a knock off.

You can't stand it that Chinese fountain pens are as good as overpriced Western/Japanese pens.

Wing Sung 698 - EF Nib. Chesterfield Antique Yankee. Will exchange nib for a Pilot Plumix Med. Does not post, though I have heard that others have posted theirs. Cost - half the price of my TWSBI Eco. A decent demonstrator-piston for the money.

fpn_1493671515__wingsung698b.jpg

Utter nonsense. Every (Chinese) fountain pen that looks like a cigar doesn't mean it is a knock off.

You can't stand it that Chinese fountain pens are as good as overpriced Western/Japanese pens.

:lticaptd: It's not a secret that the Lorelei is practically a 1:1 of the Procolor 500. The body, the clip, the cap band with Sailor style engraving, the Sailor cartridge/converter compatibility even. It's not just the fact that it's a cigar shaped pen that looks vaguely like a Procolor & has nothing to do with price or country of origin. That doesn't stop it from being a fine pen in its own right. In fact, I think they did the section on the demos one better by giving it a friction fit nib & clear feed so it's more attractive than the plain black collar on the Sailors.

:lticaptd: It's not a secret that the Lorelei is practically a 1:1 of the Procolor 500. The body, the clip, the cap band with Sailor style engraving, the Sailor cartridge/converter compatibility even. It's not just the fact that it's a cigar shaped pen that looks vaguely like a Procolor & has nothing to do with price or country of origin. That doesn't stop it from being a fine pen in its own right. In fact, I think they did the section on the demos one better by giving it a friction fit nib & clear feed so it's more attractive than the plain black collar on the Sailors.

There are so many differences. The clip is different, the nib is different, the material is different. When you look closely and measure the two you can see that the size is different. Other people worked on it, you can even see that. It's an unique pen, no doubt, like you are an unique human being. What you are is a real secret. :P