What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

The pen in rotation is beautiful blue colour Hero 616 – II which is inked with Sailor DoYou.

The thought / quote today comes from the one of the most prominent American Architect, LOUIS I. KAHN. His building displayed the Monumental characteristics.

img_20160628_142950.jpg?w=1000

img_20160628_143118.jpg?w=1000

img_20160628_143212.jpg?w=1000

You can check more entries : here

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pen in rotation is beautiful blue colour Hero 616 – II which is inked with Sailor DoYou.

The thought / quote today comes from the one of the most prominent American Architect, LOUIS I. KAHN. His building displayed the Monumental characteristics.

img_20160628_142950.jpg?w=1000

img_20160628_143118.jpg?w=1000

img_20160628_143212.jpg?w=1000

You can check more entries : here

Beauty...a beauti ful pen and your classy penmanship...lovely....

Sagar Bhowmick

Beauty...a beauti ful pen and your classy penmanship...lovely....

Thank you Sagar

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Jinhao Blue & White - m.nib. Private Reserve Avocado

fpn_1467229117__jinhaobluewhite.jpg

What a lovely pen....

Sagar Bhowmick

What a lovely pen....

Thank you Sagarb. For the price point, it is a lovely pen. The nib reminds me of the nib on the Jinhao 599. It writes well on 24 lb. weight paper. I will be purchasing a new converter for it. It is a keeper. Jinhao also has another Blue & White pen, however, I prefer the pattern on the one I posted. Here is a snap of the 2nd Blue & White I have. My full review found on forum: Chinese Pens Show & Tell

fpn_1467349090__jinhaobluewhiteb.jpg

Edited by Helen350

Don't forget if it does start drying out flush it using a tiny drop of ammonia plus a smaller drop of dishwashing liquid should fix it. Oneill

I agree

I have the white version

I call mine "My King of Chinese pens".

Richard has sang the praises of this pen for many a moon...and with good reason.

I have 60+ Chinese pens and the Kiagelu 316 sits (along with the Jinhao 217) right at the top of the pile.

The quality of the pen is fantastic, in fact, it is just a brilliant pen altogether.

Get one.

Ian; I have heard of the Glasgow glutton but your just ridiculous Jinhao wont be able to keep up the supply.Have you got a Mother of pearl Jinhao yet? its a must have!!!Oneill

or 2, or 3...... :lol:

Ian

I am using at work both a Jinhao 599A and a Domain Lion. Around the hospital, I am known as the security officer who uses fountain pens.

I am using at work both a Jinhao 599A and a Domain Lion. Around the hospital, I am known as the security officer who uses fountain pens.

That is unusual. I am use to physicians using FPs. My Director of Security would have been 'scared' to use a fountain pen :blush: It was the Chief, Division of Cardiology who purchased my first pen--Waterman Phileas

That is unusual. I am use to physicians using FPs. My Director of Security would have been 'scared' to use a fountain pen :blush: It was the Chief, Division of Cardiology who purchased my first pen--Waterman Phileas

I mainly use them for writing my daily activities in my personal notebook. Sadly, everything official is done on the cold, boring computer.

Love the imprint on that Duke nib, Helen.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

I like the porcelain ones, this guys have always been known by their porcelain craftsmanship and the pens are no exception! Some of them might not be excellent writers; but, they surely are goodd looking pens. Perhaps a little bulky and heavy...but pretty!

I like the porcelain ones, this guys have always been known by their porcelain craftsmanship and the pens are no exception! Some of them might not be excellent writers; but, they surely are goodd looking pens. Perhaps a little bulky and heavy...but pretty!

I find them attractive as well. Snap of the Jinhao 950 & 8802. The 8802 is almost smooth as butter - so I was very fortunate. The 950 is a nice writer as well, however, the nib is not as smooth as the 8802. Don't understand it, but I appreciate it.

fpn_1468100079__jinhaoporcelains1.jpg