What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I just got a Blue Twist Jinhao x450, which I'm going to wash out and ink up now. Going by the feel of the uninked nib, it's going to be a nice and smooth writer. Beautiful pen, too.

-

Yeah, it's not bad. I inked it with a partial fill of Pelikan 4001 blue-black, which my Jinhaos generally don't like that much, so if there are flow problems, I'll just have to pick a different ink.

So far, it seems to keep up quite nicely, though. I intend to switch to a different ink eventually - most likely a deep, dark blue befitting the color of the pen; until then, Pelikan blbk will have to do.

I also have pelikan's ink problem in Jinhaos. Its too dry, but yesterday I went to a stationery and bought a local brand's Red, and mixed that with Pelikan 4001 black. Result was good (a colour like dried blood) and pen writes smoothly even with Pelikan inside.

post-129732-0-45367000-1464366534_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadTheNeko

It's all Greek to me...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have pelikan's ink problem in Jinhaos. Its too dry, but yesterday I went to a stationery and bought a local brand's Red, and mixed that with Pelikan 4001 black. Result was good (a colour like dried blood) and pen writes smoothly even with Pelikan inside.

That sure is one way to do it! I usually just put a drop of distilled water in the converter, if I really want the pen to work with that ink.

Usually I just pick a different ink, though: There's a German brand called Standardgraph which my favorite stationery store stocks, and I really like their inks. I'm always quite happy to have an excuse to buy more of those.

That sure is one way to do it! I usually just put a drop of distilled water in the converter, if I really want the pen to work with that ink.

Usually I just pick a different ink, though: There's a German brand called Standardgraph which my favorite stationery store stocks, and I really like their inks. I'm always quite happy to have an excuse to buy more of those.

In Turkey we don't have too much brands. Even I find brands like Diamine, Mont Blanc they are just too expensive for a student. I usually use Parker that's why. But Parker's black ink is more gray than black. That's why I bought Pelikan but it's too dry. Still there are 4 more chinese pens I ordered from aliexpress and to give better opinion I have to try with them too. Btw till 2000s only ink we got here was Pelikan and another local brand named Monopol.

It's all Greek to me...

Testing this Baoer 701 with #5 med. nib; two tone; Baoer name stamped on nib. Ni: Had to realign tines; thin metal. Had to work with a 12000 grit micromesh because of the thin metal. Now has good ink flow with some feedback; no longer scratchy. Will exchange it for another #5 nib at some future date. The black/gold combination gives it a nice look. Clip very snug. Cap does post.

fpn_1464367223__snapshot_20160527.jpg

fpn_1464367380__snapshot_20160527_2_hdr.

I was given a knock off of a Parker 51. Does anyone want it? If not, it goes in the trash.

I was given a knock off of a Parker 51. Does anyone want it? If not, it goes in the trash.

If it writes, SOMEONE will want it!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Wing Sung 659 with parker quink, around $6 USDhttp://i.imgur.com/BNEvDgS.jpg?1

are you happy with performance of black parker's ink? I still have doubt to buy black inks after I had those problems with Pelikan

It's all Greek to me...

are you happy with performance of black parker's ink? I still have doubt to buy black inks after I had those problems with Pelikan

Pelikan 4001 was too dry to work in my Jinhaos and Baoers, but I have had no problem with Quink Blue black. I haven't tried black.

Wing Sung 659 with parker quink, around $6 USD

http://i.imgur.com/BNEvDgS.jpg?1

This pen comes with a fine & extra fine nib. Can you provide a writing sample?

I just received Baoer 051 and I love it. Filled it with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise and it is quite pleasant. In fact I am going to order two more, one in each of the other finishes (mine is plain black).

Still using that Blue Twist Jinhao x450 with Pelikan BlBk - still works really well, too. I only have one pen that does an even better job with that ink and that's my 1950's Geha.

Also using my red Jinhao x450 a lot lately, because I like to keep my university notes bi-colored and the red Standardgraph ink goes well with all black and blue-black inks I use.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/P1120308.jpg

Right now, a Jinhao X750(Private Reserve Spearmint) and Baoer 388(Noodler's Black).

Those are close to empty, so thinking the Jinhao 159 might get put back into the rotation.

Inked up late this afternoon the Jinhao 159 (purple) with a Knox 1.1 stub. Chesterfield Antique Orchid

fpn_1464992123__june32.jpg

fpn_1464991767__june3nibsave.jpg

fpn_1464991796__june3sample.jpg

Helen, perhaps Jinhao has made some process or quality control improvements during the last 6 months. These nibs seem to require less tweaking out of the box recently. Or possibly I've become more patient in letting the nib and feed marinate in ink for a day or so, and then kind of come into their own without interference.

Hi Bob as you may remember I collect Jinhao and Baoer {same manufacturer} and I know for a fact that they don't always FLUSH out the pens when they manufacture them consequently the pen sometimes does not write so well, I have posted on this forum many times that in order to fix that problem one should Flush by using a solution of warm not hot water which contains a tiny drop of ammonia plus a tiny drop of dishwashing liquid a few times that nearly always fixes the problems,there are no other issues as far as I know,oneill.

Can I take this opportunity of advising Jinhao and Baoer lovers of something of

vital importance that I have just discovered, you can buy what is known as a Zebra "G" nib and put it in a Jinhao pen and it becomes a Flex writer,I have never

tried this flex thing before but even if it is just for the fun of Nib swapping

something which I have not as yet tried I must have a go at this,just fancy 2 pens for the price of one and in some cases FREE SHIPPING as well!!!!! How mean can

you get!!!! and theres more! Jinhao have a most beautiful pen which is my personal favourite called the Abalone or as it is sometimes referred to as the Mother of

Pearl which might even cost you $25.00 so with the savings from all of your other Jinhao's you can at last afford one of the specials. Happy Shopping.

Can I take this opportunity of advising Jinhao and Baoer lovers of something of

vital importance that I have just discovered, you can buy what is known as a Zebra "G" nib and put it in a Jinhao pen and it becomes a Flex writer,I have never

tried this flex thing before but even if it is just for the fun of Nib swapping

something which I have not as yet tried I must have a go at this,just fancy 2 pens for the price of one and in some cases FREE SHIPPING as well!!!!! How mean can

you get!!!! and theres more! Jinhao have a most beautiful pen which is my personal favourite called the Abalone or as it is sometimes referred to as the Mother of

Pearl which might even cost you $25.00 so with the savings from all of your other Jinhao's you can at last afford one of the specials. Happy Shopping.

SORRY at the moment the Mother of Pearl is listed as JINHAO

ABALONE PEN

Edited by oneill

Jinhao 500. Black/White Checkerboard. Med. nib. This nib is pretty smooth and required no tweaking. This Jinhao is 7 yrs old. Lost the original cap yrs ago. Kept the pen. Earlier this year replaced the cap with the cap from a black Jinhao 599. The replacemet cap fits nicely on this pen. Feels good to recover the use of this Jinhao. A pen which was "recovered from the dust bin."

fpn_1465184714__snapshot_20160605_8.jpg

fpn_1465184906__snapshot_20160605_23.jpg

fpn_1465185513__snapshot_20160605_28.jpg

Among others, a Wing Sung lucky 2007 Decagon in burgundy, with an ef-f nib, inked with diamine burgundy rose from the flowers collection.

Although it has a fine nib, and is pretty lightweight at 18g, this pen impresses me, as it writes very nicely and looks great.

Ian

HEY! That 2007 is the same one I've been using, same color too. Mine's filled with Hero Blue/Black, which I like very much. After a little nib smoothing, this thing writes smooth as silk.

Edited by Zookie