What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Thanks.

Naturally, I like light pens... 25g max

Richard

Well, I haven't actually weighed it, and to me it would be ounces. But it feels heavy. Maybe not as heavy as the Jinhao Blimp aka 149. But heavy.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*makes a note of the 149 -- has big hands, likes a big pen*

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Here's another "new" brand for me.

It arrived today and I had no recollection whatsoever of buying it, but I checked back on my ebay, and I did, and must've gotten a loan to pay for it, because it cost a whole £1. including shipping. :lol:

THE BOXUE 9325...........I know! Me neither.

fpn_1437062398__new_boxue.jpg

fpn_1437062431__boxue_2.jpg

It's a nice pen to use, is quite well made and tips the scales at 40g, so another winner. :thumbup:

Ian

Can I ask whether it's a painted finish or a resin barrel & what the nib width is? So far I have only had one Hero with a Medium, all the rest have been F or XF and I just cannot get on with nibs that small.

Also for the Hero 1026, same questions.

Regards,

Richard.

I'm not sure what it is Richard, It may be painted, or a "wrap" over metal, or even maybe resin, but I think it will be out for you weight wise.

Mine weighs in at 34g, although it does write with a medium line, and is closer to a broad than a fine as the line comparison below shows.

It is a very well made pen, and is genuinely very, very good.

I find myself reaching for it more and more, as it starts every time, never skips and just flows away like a good 'un.

fpn_1437075188__comparison.jpg

A cheap but very functional Jinhao 599 :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/eaqyqd.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hero 1000.

I really must do a review and get some pics.

If you like Parker 51's - this is a must. Not to be confused with the other P51 clones. This is superbly made and solid, absolutely nothing like the 616's etc.

One of my favourite pens ever.

These three guys for me today, all of similar weight and size.

Hero 8018 (special blessing) med, 41g

Bright hat?(Baoer 051) med. 40g

Huahong A59, med, 41g

The Hero was a bit of work to get going. I couldn't get a tune out of it at all, until I took it all apart, gave it all a clean, flossed, then re-set the nib, before putting it back together and it writes like a dream.

It has lovely balance and is a super smooth wet writer....It looks good as well.

The Bright Hat, as it was listed, is a Baoer 051 without any Baoer branding on it and is identical otherwise. It too is a lovely writer, and I've discovered on the "inspirations" thread that it's based on the Monteverde Impressa, so It's no surprise that the looks grabbed me, as I've been close to buying the Impressa a few times only for the quality issues highlighted on fpn to put me off.

The Huahong is a bit of a gem.

It is an excellent pen, super smooth and starts instantly, as soon as it touches the paper.

I've been using this pen a lot and for the price I paid it is an absolute bargain.

I think the Huahong range of pens are a bit "unknown" to most from what I can make out, but every one of mine are excellent, very well made, and super reliable, with nice looks to boot.

If you are looking for a cheap pen where it's only really the price that's cheap, then the Huahongs might be worth a go.

Anyway

Here's the pic.....I'm off to www.wheretofindmorehuahongs.com

Cheers

Ian

fpn_1438346507__z3chinese.jpg

I'm using a Jinhao 886 at the moment. It's a chubby little pen, but big enough for my large paws.

It's yellow and I like it's looks, and the way it writes, so much that I ordered the other two colors( black,and blue) as well.

Doug

I've completed a two week run with a new Jinhao 450; not as smooth as I thought it would be - my other new pen, Jinhao 950 seemed much smoother...but both are great at the price I paid. :)

This Hero 565 has turned out to be a very pleasant experience. The size and shape are comfortable and the nib is wetter,broader and smoother than I'd expected. It's written perfectly right from the start - with not much more than a cursory flushing. I'm not sure I'm completely on-board with the fleche decoration on the section, but it does give the pen a unique look.

post-106853-0-63193500-1439001290_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Just bought a couple of those $1 Hero 616s to add to my Chinese Collection.

Used my X450 & X750 today. Warhorses. :lol:

Gettin' ready to start my 35th year of professorin' and had a lot of writing to do!

Jim

Edited by snorlax

Jim Williams

N9EJR Extra Class

Euphonium Player around several towns

• 2 weeks later...

Today I inked a completely new pen to me, a Fuliwen unknown model name. There seems to be a dearth of information on the brand, but I think it may be from the same factory as the Baoer brand. I say this because my pen has a cap design that I've only seen on the Baoer 3035 pens. This cap is heavier, and does not fit on the Baoer 3035, since it is a bit longer. The barrel is tapered, and, again, a tiny bit longer than the 3035. The distinguishing differences are a fairly wide chrome band around the center of the cap, and a heavy chromed cap top, with a chrome ball at the very top. It's distinctive. The nib is steel, just marked "Iridium Point". It may possibly be marked "Germany at the base of the nib, which can't be seen on this pen. The feed looks of good quality, and has a number "6" marked on it. The nib is not that large, possibly a 5. I'm not conversant enough with nibs to be able to make suitable comments on size.

I flushed the pen, and filled it with Waterman Serenity Blue, which is a favorite of mine. The pen wrote immediately, with no scratchiness, and no feedback. Figure 8's and the usual forward and reverse lines were all smooth, no other issues at all. For less than $9 USD, and free shipping, I'm very content. The pen was bought from the Banggood website. It's SKU167424 there. I read the various posts that a Google search brought up here, and the brand seems to be a bit inconsistent, as with many Chinese pens. The majority of comments did favor the positive, with several mentioning the smoothness of the nib.

At this early stage, I'm happy with the pen, and, of course, have no connection with the Banggood company, except as a customer, with a brief but positive relationship. This pen took 15 days to be delivered to New England, which is about in the middle of the range that I've experienced in a fair number of transactions with several China vendors, on eBay, Amazon and direct on their website, as was the case here.

I've been buying largely from reviews and comments made by many people here on FPN, and on some of the reviews posted on Netflix. This was an impulse buy, because the design struck a chord with me, and I found the brand name on the cap after receiving the pen.

I'm wondering if the economic events in China will have an effect on the prices as they are today. I am inclined to doubt any significant change, since the majority of the pens I've purchased this way range from very little to about $25USD. Unless some large vendors start lowering prices, I think most will just pocket the small extra profit. It will be interesting to watch, in any event.

I use a couple Jinhao hooded nib 599s every day at work. One with green ink (Private Reserve Spearmint), and the other with red (Diamine Poppy). I do a lot of manuscript editing, so the fine line and these colors are perfect for that kind of work. The $2 each price tag also makes them great bargains if one were to disappear or break.

Hero 382: average

Jinhao 159 : correct

Baoer Chinese horses: nice FP in medium

and yesterday I received a Fuliwen carbon fiber 55 g which seems to be above average in terms of quality and writing pleasure .

Almost done with the first fill of my new Wing Sung 233 (in green), which I received on Wednesday. I'm liking it a lot. It feels sturdy, I like the look--especially when it's capped--and it writes a decently wet line with a fair amount of feedback. It's more of a nail than I usually go for, but I'm enjoying writing with it.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

Almost done with the first fill of my new Wing Sung 233 (in green), which I received on Wednesday. I'm liking it a lot. It feels sturdy, I like the look--especially when it's capped--and it writes a decently wet line with a fair amount of feedback. It's more of a nail than I usually go for, but I'm enjoying writing with it.

I think I have one of those in black, currently filled with a desperate attempt to recreate my beloved and discontinued Pelikan Khaki (let others long for MB Racing Green..PK is MY ink!)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I use a Hero 329 (old model) with Quink Black. Nice daily writer, very smooth, performs just excellent on every kind of paper. Actually I've got two of them (bought a bundle of three for a song, and gave one to a friend). Another one, inked with Quink blue, stays at home with my fancier pens.

Practice, patience, perseverance

I'm using a Jinhao 3005 and boy oh boy, what a good pen this is. All metal, solid snap cap, hooded nib in a metal section.

I think it's perfect.