• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2015 - 15:39

Thanks.
Naturally, I like light pens... 25g max

Richard

Well, I haven't actually weighed it, and to me it would be ounces. But it feels heavy. Maybe not as heavy as the Jinhao Blimp aka 149. But heavy.

#2462 trdsf

trdsf

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:46

*makes a note of the 149 -- has big hands, likes a big pen*

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."
--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
My Flickr, if you're interested

#2463 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Where there's a Hill, There's a Brae.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 16:02

Here's another "new" brand for me.

It arrived today and I had no recollection whatsoever of buying it, but I checked back on my ebay, and I did, and must've gotten a loan to pay for it, because it cost a whole £1. including shipping. :lol:

THE BOXUE 9325...........I know! Me neither.

fpn_1437062398__new_boxue.jpg

fpn_1437062431__boxue_2.jpg

It's a nice pen to use, is quite well made and tips the scales at 40g, so another winner. :thumbup:

Ian

Scotland has the most beautiful, colourful, picturesque, history laden landscape in the world.....It's such a shame that you can only see it through a rain soaked car window.

My top tip :- Don't stand up in a canoe.

#2464 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 19:34

Can I ask whether it's a painted finish or a resin barrel & what the nib width is? So far I have only had one Hero with a Medium, all the rest have been F or XF and I just cannot get on with nibs that small.

Also for the Hero 1026, same questions.

Regards,

Richard.

I'm not sure what it is Richard, It may be painted, or a "wrap" over metal, or even maybe resin, but I think it will be out for you weight wise.

Mine weighs in at 34g, although it does write with a medium line, and is closer to a broad than a fine as the line comparison below shows.

It is a very well made pen, and is genuinely very, very good.

I find myself reaching for it more and more, as it starts every time, never skips and just flows away like a good 'un.

fpn_1437075188__comparison.jpg

Scotland has the most beautiful, colourful, picturesque, history laden landscape in the world.....It's such a shame that you can only see it through a rain soaked car window.

#2465 ricardo.galvez

ricardo.galvez

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2015 - 20:59

A cheap but very functional Jinhao 599 :)

eaqyqd.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2466 taike

taike

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 13:26

FPN_Wing Sung 590.jpg

Been using this Wing Sung 590 for a week or so.  Light for its size and holds a ton of ink.

A decent writer and a nice relaunch into Chinese pens.  :)

Edited by taike, Yesterday, 13:27.

#2467 luvpens

luvpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 17:18

Hero 1000.

I really must do a review and get some pics.

If you like Parker 51's - this is a must. Not to be confused with the other P51 clones. This is superbly made and solid, absolutely nothing like the 616's etc.

One of my favourite pens ever.

#2468 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 12:42

These three guys for me today, all of similar weight and size.

Hero 8018 (special blessing) med, 41g

Bright hat?(Baoer 051) med. 40g

Huahong A59, med, 41g

The Hero was a bit of work to get going. I couldn't get a tune out of it at all, until I took it all apart, gave it all a clean, flossed, then re-set  the nib, before putting it back together and it writes like a dream.

It has lovely balance and is a super smooth wet writer....It looks good as well.

The Bright Hat, as it was listed, is a Baoer 051 without any Baoer branding on it and is identical otherwise. It too is a lovely writer, and I've discovered on the "inspirations" thread that it's based on the Monteverde Impressa, so It's no surprise that the looks grabbed me, as I've been close to buying the Impressa a few times only for the quality issues highlighted on fpn to put me off.

The Huahong is a bit of a gem.

It is an excellent pen, super smooth and starts instantly, as soon as it touches the paper.

I've been using this pen a lot and for the price I paid it is an absolute bargain.

I think the Huahong range of pens are a bit "unknown" to most from what I can make out, but every one of mine are excellent, very well made, and super reliable, with nice looks to boot.

If you are looking for a cheap pen where it's only really the price that's cheap, then the Huahongs might be worth a go.

Anyway

Here's the pic.....I'm off to www.wheretofindmorehuahongs.com

Cheers

Ian

fpn_1438346507__z3chinese.jpg

#2469 Misti

Misti

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 14:32

I'm enjoying my Huashilai 3000. Nice heft, nice wide nib.  :)  

[Sponsored Content]