• Please log in to reply
2405 replies to this topic

#2401 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Where there's a Hill, There's a Brae.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2015 - 13:32

I've been using the blue/purple Huahong, and the red acrylic pen continually for the last week and I have been over the moon with them.
I've changed the ink in the blue one to Waterman purple as it matches the pen better, and I love it, it is a cracking pen, starts up right away every time and writes very smoothly.
The red acrylic pen is also excellent, and has only 1 small fault, and that is that the nib is finer than I like, however, I've ordered a Bock broad #5 nib for it, and once fitted, the pen will be "bang on".

I've been so impressed with them that I haven't even lifted my J217, J500, or, the mighty dragon at all, so they must be good. :lol:

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock, 12 May 2015 - 14:09.

Scotland has the most beautiful, colourful, picturesque, history laden landscape in the world.....It's such a shame that you can only see it through a rain soaked car window.

My top tip :- Don't stand up in a canoe.

#2402 gweimer1

gweimer1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 21:53

Switching gears....I'm using a Duke 209 with the Crown 22K plated nib.  I really like this one!  Simple and nice.

(yeah, I know...not my own pic, but I thought I should include one) 

-font-b-Duke-b-font-font-b-duke-b-font-o

#2403 lisadan

lisadan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:25

Jinhao 886

Dan

#2404 Julia161

Julia161

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:11

I use plenty. Hero, Jinhao, Cheung Kong, Golden Star. Never get tired of exploring Chinese pens :)

#2405 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Where there's a Hill, There's a Brae.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2015 - 15:03

Same Here!

I ordered some Diamine saddle brown for my J500 but the colour wasn't quite right for it, only to discover that it ls a far better match with this fella.

8812.JPG

So, this has been my prime pen today.

It's similar, design wise to the J500, and is a lovely smooth writer.

The saddle brown matches the barrel perfectly, and the combo has a nice "earthy" feel to it.

Still need a "reddier" brown ink for my 500 though. :lol:

Ian

Scotland has the most beautiful, colourful, picturesque, history laden landscape in the world.....It's such a shame that you can only see it through a rain soaked car window.

My top tip :- Don't stand up in a canoe.

#2406 mooshi

mooshi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2015 - 16:23

Back to my good ol' Hero 616.  :)  Every time I pick one up, I get giddy.  :P  And then remembering the price I paid for it back in the day... I end up hunting the 'Bay for more Hero and Jinhao pens!