Which of your Wahl Everahrps is your favorite?

Wahlnut

Please send in posts about your favorite Wahl-Eversharp and why. Whether it is your most favorite pen to wrie with, look at, or wished you owned.

Hello Wahlistas,

I'll kick this off by saying that I have a few favorites depending on the condtions. For general walk-about, in the jacket or shirt pocket, it has become the Coronet with the "Signature" nib (Sem-iflex). Well made, durable metal construction, retro '30s look, and sturdy workhorse. Always ready to write thanks to the late design feed that is most recognized as the one in the Skyline pens, but was actually designed in the late 30's. Holds a lot of ink in its veins and almost never dries out when left open for a while. And with the Gold Filled machinig, and thos cool "Chrysler Building" pyralin insets, when brandished about in business, t draws subtle admiring smiles from those close enough to notice.

For letter writing anything with a stub nib works just just fine for me. I have come to like using the smaller pens for letter writing, light well balanced, and with the #2 stub nib, you get a medium (half-stub) size line that is just broad enough to give my handwriting some charcter, but not so wide that I need to write so big to open up the center of the closed letters. Maybe something in a small early Doric, or a BHR 20's era model.

For drawing (I call it drawing and my friends call it doodling), which I admit I do when listening to public speakers other than myself of course, I like a lage flexible nib so I can shade the doodle and fill in when I want to, and yet get a fine outline when I want to. I like doodling with the 29-30 Gold Seals. Dunno why, just do.

Anyway maybe you would be kind enough to share your thoughts on the subject of your favorite.

Syd

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wahlnut

• david i

• Kelly G

• wdyasq

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sort of a tough question to answer - I have a number of Skylines that are very nice writing pens and they look good too. I don't have a Doric - I've never run across one in the wild that was in decent enough condition to take the plunge - crystalized ends and they wanted $45 for it - didn't think that was worth it. I have three flat top models or maybe four, I've lost track. They are very nice pens as well. I have a Rosewood Gold Seal standard, but the nib is a bit scratchy. I have a short BCHR and it's a good writer.

BUT, my new favorite Wahl Eversharp is a Signature RCHR - Greek Key chasing, 5 1/2 in. long, split cap bands with a band at the cap top. The inner cap dia. is 1/2" It's a big pen. And the best part is the nib. A semi-flex Signature medium that is as smooth as any pen I've found in the wild - or any vintage pen I have. It's smoother than most any modern pen I have.

I took the plunge this evening and cleaned and re-saced it. The rubber cleaned up well using the method that Syd recommended - ammonia/mix, lightly brushed and rinsed well - let dry and polish lightly. It worked very well, the pen is very nice to look at! The interesting thing about this pen is that whoever owned/used it last - and who knows how many years it's been setting around - took some care with it. The nib and feed were very clean - hardly any ink in them at all. I've not seen that too much with vintage pens in the wild. Also the general condition of the pen is good plus to excellent, with the one exception, a small crack in the cap lip.

What a wonderful pen for writing, comfortably big, light, the great feel of hard rubber and what a nib!

kg

Here is a pic.

Edited by Kelly G

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

hell, i've never been fond of "favorites" as such things tend to be a bit evanescent by me, what with shift in whim and with a zeelion pens lying about.

Still...

For many reasons (you no doubt can relate), this reaaally clean Canton Pearl Equi-Poised Purse Pen floats my boat.

regards

david i

http://www.removed.xyz

http://removed.xyz/penteech/wahlequipoisedblue500mix.jpg