The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

New Pen in the Mail for me!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Guests

Posted 18 April 2005 - 15:45

Hey everyone!

I have been trying to get rid of my Sonnet and my Waterman Phileas FP and RB for quite a while now, I have not been able to purchase any new pens lately, thus I found someone to trade my Sonnet.

I was able to get a Gorgeous, no sign of use Esterbrook J in Red!!!!!! It was place in the mail on Saturday and it got in just 10 minutes ago! I wish I had ink in the office to try it out it has a 9668 nid, according to the ex-owner, it has never been inked! Well, time to bust it's c****y! Why have a pen that is not going to see action, it takes form its soul!

I went Esterbrook crazy, ask Brian, I try to get every pen I could when I had the chance and now I have a great little collection. Now that the great hype is gone and I do not wet myself everytime I see an Estie that I can get, I have been able to get my collecting strategy in order. I now have 4 J doule jewells, I just need to get a Green and a Copper. I have 2 of the flat single jewels, I will tackle them next, followed by the JS than the JL, shortly there after the dollar pens and lastly, the 3 rib jewels. This is the game plan, when all of the pens I want are accounted for, I will try to get a matching pencil for each! Once all the pearly beauties are counted for, I will go into the other series'. What do you all think?

Regards,

Edited by AngeloB, 18 April 2005 - 15:46.

Sponsored Content

#2 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:45

Esterbrooks are great pens and very durable. I love the plastics and the fact that the nibs on the so-called 'Model J' series (meaning the J, SJ and LJ pens) are interchangeable. Once you've collected all the pens, then you should try to get all the nibs! :lol: (Just kidding, Angelo!!)
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

Sponsored Content

|