The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kaweco Liliput

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WayTooManyHobbies

WayTooManyHobbies

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:45

Ordered a Kaweco Liliput from JetPens (no affiliation) on Monday, and it arrived yesterday (3 days shipping from California to Michigan - wow, USPS!). The main reason I wanted this pen was to have something small that fits the pen slot in my cell phone case. I had been carrying a Pilot Varsity there, but the Liliput is a much better fit. What I hadn't anticipated is how tiny this pen is, or how well it writes. The EF nib is very smooth, and the size when posted is reasonable. I definitely will not do much writing unposted - the pen is simply too small for my fairly large hand.

So far, very impressive.

Attached Images

• PICT0093.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:49

You can't go wrong with Kaweco, good nibs even in their cheap pens. The Liliput is a good, minimalist, efficient German design. You can see Peter Behrens using one. I only wish there was a matching pencil!

Edited by wastelanded, 13 January 2012 - 17:50.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#3 myyrkezaan

myyrkezaan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 18:36

Does it have the same nib as the Sports?

#4 WayTooManyHobbies

WayTooManyHobbies

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2012 - 20:03

Does it have the same nib as the Sports?

It looks the same as pictures of the Al Sport - in other words, embossed steel without any plating or color. The pictures of the standard Sport show a plated nib. I believe that the nib on the Sport is removable, but I'm hesitant to start pulling on my Liliput.

#5 myyrkezaan

myyrkezaan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 20:23

Looked on JetPens because they have the nib units and it fits the Liliput, Student and Sport.

#6 WayTooManyHobbies

WayTooManyHobbies

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2012 - 21:01

Looked on JetPens because they have the nib units and it fits the Liliput, Student and Sport.

Interesting... That's the entire nib and feed unit. The shape is subtly different - the section on my Liliput has a separate step close to the thread to control the depth that the feed/nib section can be inserted in the barrel, and mine lacks the step just below the nib. I'm puzzled - it doesn't look like it would fit the Liliput.

#7 myyrkezaan

myyrkezaan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:21

On a Liliput pen page under the parts on the right it lists a nib unit of the same size as in the pen.

Sponsored Content

|