Online Stores For Wax Seals

dizzymizzy

Does anyone know of any stores that sell unusual wax seal stamps? I've found, via google, a few of the top sellers and I find their selection lacking (basically, a lot of initials, corny symbols, and a lot of fleur-de-lys). Or is this pretty much what's available without making a custom stamp?

---

Wanted: Waterman 52 1/2 V

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjlax10

• kiavonne

• dizzymizzy

• cellmatrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1

Atelier Gargoyle seals are fantastic. I have three of them and love each one. (Still one more I want to get.) Their wax colors are awesome and the best wax I have ever used. They are wonderful people and have excellent customer service. The products are a little expensive, but they are the best you can come by, in my opinion. I have at least one each of all their wax and love them all for one purpose or another.

Fair winds and following seas.

From my studies you got five options:

1) The pre-made selection on various sites like you've found

2) The expensive but unique seals from Atelier Gargoyle

3) The custom seals using laser or use an arm (2D)

4) A jewelry engraver who can do 3D relief

5) Sites that traffic in antiques like e-bay, etsy, rubylane and the like

The best thing to do is search German ebay. For some reason they have a glut of nicer seals with heraldry and other images.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

premades abound.

Custom or more intricate seals... the only place to go is Dexter Seal Engraving. Best place to go. Definitely not inexpensive. But, at a $135 price tag for a custom seal from another online place, I expect more than just "an outline". The place I'm dealing with now can't do the simplest of designs for that price, so I've learned my lesson and I'll save up the cost necessary to get a really quality and 3D engraved seal from Dexter. I have 4 seals from them (3 desk seals and a pendent seal) and all are exquisite and absolutely perfect in my eyes, with a lot of detail on such small surfaces. Dexter. Hands down. Worth the price. Worth the queue wait.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Kiavonne,

Is it $135 for a seal at Dexter or $135 at the place you hate?

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

Kiavonne,

Is it $135 for a seal at Dexter or $135 at the place you hate?

$135 at the place that is not Dexter. Dexter is quite a lot more, but you get 50 times more end product.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I use wax-works.com. They are 2-D but do a good job and are very responsive. There is a company on e-bay called redcomma but I have not tried them.

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

Does anyone know of any stores that sell unusual wax seal stamps? I've found, via google, a few of the top sellers and I find their selection lacking (basically, a lot of initials, corny symbols, and a lot of fleur-de-lys). Or is this pretty much what's available without making a custom stamp?

Are you looking for something like this? I purchased one from ebay for $58.00 from seller ID: (storechance) but their company name is "Red Comma." The seller also has wax sticks made from natural plant resin which I liked very much, because it hardens with a shiny finish. Very nice person(s), excellent transaction and prompt shipping. He or She included a sample wax stick with the wax stamp. I was very pleased :thumbup:

I purchased this version:

post-76054-0-28388500-1326382791.jpg

Here is another version they offer for sale:

post-76054-0-82137400-1326383671.jpg

Both are 1.10 inches in diameter. Included with the wax stamp, it was wrapped in a leather pig skin cover with draw string.

Edited by Mikale

Best Regards,

Mikale

The redcomma website also has stock designs for Asian and Western zodiac animals which to me are kind of nice.

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

Wow. Great replies. Thanks. :thumbup: I love the signet rings on Dexter's website. Kiavonne, do you have any photos of your seals? Dexter's prices are very expensive, but maybe worth it for a nice ring and stamp combo!

---

Wanted: Waterman 52 1/2 V

Wow. Great replies. Thanks. :thumbup: I love the signet rings on Dexter's website. Kiavonne, do you have any photos of your seals? Dexter's prices are very expensive, but maybe worth it for a nice ring and stamp combo!

A few photos. Click here for my photobucket account photos of my Dexter seals.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I have one coming from Dexter. Not sure quite when, but I'll be sure to show.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Those of us on FPN who like seals are very passionate.

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

fun thread, thanks for starting it, I got to see some interesting stuff. Also got to think about another accessory for my stationery box. (I had a sealing wax kit when I was a kid. I just burned the candle and let the big drops splash all over my desk and I'm pretty sure I smashed little army men with the seal. Youth is definitely wasted on the young.)

Most larger cities have several scrapbooking shops. Have you visited one or two? There's one here in Boise ID that can order custom seals from at least three different suppliers. You get to work with someone who understands the process of creating your artwork, possibly getting professional advice at the shop, and supplying/uploading a proper digital file to the manufacturer. Plus you get to patronize a local merchant.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

• 2 years later...

Hay we do a couple of seals every now and again

http://www.customwaxnseals.net/

were about to enter the 3D market after investing several thousands of £'s on programs and hardware, so who knows in a year or so you may be saying things like "Go to customwaxnseals.net fantastic seals for half the price of Dexter and Atelier Gargoyle. But for now apart from the couple of thousand basic designs already available in 2D format you can get a very low priced custom seal made

Hay we do a couple of seals every now and again

http://www.customwaxnseals.net/

were about to enter the 3D market after investing several thousands of £'s on programs and hardware, so who knows in a year or so you may be saying things like "Go to customwaxnseals.net fantastic seals for half the price of Dexter and Atelier Gargoyle. But for now apart from the couple of thousand basic designs already available in 2D format you can get a very low priced custom seal made

I purchased my seal from Custom Wax Seals - great seal, great price, great service

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread. If anyone has experience with which countries make superior wax I'd love to hear about it. One of the top companies on search engines sells handmade Scottish wax and I must say I was intrigued.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great thread. If anyone has experience with which countries make superior wax I'd love to hear about it. One of the top companies on search engines sells handmade Scottish wax and I must say I was intrigued.

It's good. The Scottish wax 'recipe', hand poured.

Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.