Pay It Forward 2012

in the flow

I have a nearly full bottle of Diamine Bilberry ink that, honestly, I'm not likely to use much. If it's the ink for you, I'd be happy for you to have it. I'd prefer to send this within the US only.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• zoniguana

• Chrissy

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PIF - JANUARY 2012 - STUDENT NOTEBOOK AND PEN GIVE AWAY

All Claimed, I just have to sort out who is who!

Thanks for playing the Karma Improvement Game!

Carroll

post-43384-0-37891000-1327782849.jpg

Edited by carroll

Edit: CLAIMED

Black lever-fill celluloid (I think?) pen. It's possible that the cap and the pen itself don't quite match (it took a lot of patience to get the cap off the pen. I don't know if it's from distortion or because it's a pen-cap mismatch.

The cap says "Traveler", the lever on the pen says "made in USA", and the nib says "broad made in usa."

It needs to be re-sac'd and probably to be restored in other ways.

This PIF is not for a fountain pen beginner--you'd probably give up on fountain pens altogether.

CONUS and Canada only, please.

Edited by heyva

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorting and found 9 Mont Blanc cartridges, believe they are black or blue, and seem full.

Anyone in the US interested in these send me a PM.

And belated happy New Year.

Zoe

PS - And will probably have some more forwards later this month.

These are promised.

Thanks,

Zoe

I am sorting and found 9 Mont Blanc cartridges, believe they are black or blue, and seem full.

Anyone in the US interested in these send me a PM.

And belated happy New Year.

Zoe

PS - And will probably have some more forwards later this month.

Up for offer is a vintage black Sheaffer Balance Lifetime pen, junior size standard girth.

I have restored the pen with a new pressure bar and sac. The pen has been completely cleaned and polished. However the gold Lifetime nib is well worn with no tipping material on the nib. I will include it. I will send the pen dissassembled to make replacing the nib easier. (No tools needed to reassemble.)

First PM with address gets the pen. Sorry, U.S. only.

Bill

Up for offer is a vintage black Sheaffer Balance Lifetime pen, junior size standard girth.

I have restored the pen with a new pressure bar and sac. The pen has been completely cleaned and polished. However the gold Lifetime nib is well worn with no tipping material on the nib. I will include it. I will send the pen dissassembled to make replacing the nib easier. (No tools needed to reassemble.)

First PM with address gets the pen. Sorry, U.S. only.

Bill

Wow. You guys are fast. The pen is claimed. Thanks for replying.

Bill

3 short cartridges with adapter for a Platinum Preppy. Filled with Kaweco green, Kaweco Brown and Private Reserve Blue. I got them when I bought the pen on another forum and never used them and now have a converter. I may have a couple of empty long cartridges laying around somewhere as well. No mail until Tuesday so send me a PM me if interested by Monday afternoon and my daughter will pick a name out of a hat.

While I'm not interested in the generous offer, I just wanted to say that I like your name, Mr. 5x5!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I have three Parker 25's with destroyed nibs up for grabs if anyone wants to try their hand at repair or wants them for parts or want really fat brushed stainless chopsticks or whatever.

Need photos?

Don't you wish we could use our pens to write on the Fountain Pen Network Fora?

Wow, the Parker 25s are already spoken for. Thanks, y'all!

Don't you wish we could use our pens to write on the Fountain Pen Network Fora?

I just thought this out loud to myself and thought I'd post it.

Consider it a Sunday Public Service Announcement. ;)

*Especially* for those wishing to toss their hats in for a PIF.

It might behoove one in that situation to take a few minutes and fill out your profile page. You can put a lot of pen related info there without still showing the black helichopters where you live. :rolleyes:

There are times when having a filled out profile with at least some posts and threads might well be to ones advantage.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

3 short cartridges with adapter for a Platinum Preppy. Filled with Kaweco green, Kaweco Brown and Private Reserve Blue. I got them when I bought the pen on another forum and never used them and now have a converter. I may have a couple of empty long cartridges laying around somewhere as well. No mail until Tuesday so send me a PM me if interested by Monday afternoon and my daughter will pick a name out of a hat.

Claimed. Sorry I don't have enough for all.

Great news! After feeling as though I've hit rock bottom for the past year or so, I've found out that I'm actually gradutating with not one, but TWO degrees (one in Natural Sciences and another in Chemistry) come the end of this semester. WHOO! :blush:

To celebrate, I'll have up 2 PIF "contests." This is the first one. The second one will come in a few weeks.

I have a set of postcards and thank you cards (with respective envelopes) up for grabs.

2012-02-21_10-02-55_145.jpg

The rules:

• Please tell me a little story (via PM) of a time when you felt most accomplished.
  • Contest ends on Saturday, 25 February 2012 @ noon PST.
  • This is open to all members, CONUS and international.
  • I will choose from the PMs, my PIF winner. :)

Thanks! Have fun :roflmho:

:) It was hard to choose, but I'm going to have to go with Tomato. Best of luck on your endeavors. I'll be PMing you in a sec.

I wrote out the details with the pen, but here it goes. I just stumbled upon this pen while cleaning up, didn't realize I had it, so to PIF it goes!

It's a plastic Waterman, purchased at Staples some unknown amount of time ago. Just flushed it, it's in working order, I just don't have a converter or cartridges for it (though if I find them, I'll toss them in too). If I don't find them, I'll toss in a 5ml sample of Lexington Gray.

First PM from the U.S. gets it. (sorry world, I am a poor grad student). Here's a photo (sorry, it's from my phone):

Up for grabs are two bottles of Noodler's Polar Black. One bottle is down maybe 5 ml and the other is full. I have not experienced good results with this ink and I will happily send a bottle to the first two members to send me a claiming PM. CONUS only, please. Perhaps one of you will take a shine to this ink and put it to regular use. As for me, I'm going back to BPB.

Edit: The bottles have been claimed. I will advise the successful responders shortly.

Edited by JLT

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)