Pay It Forward 2012

in the flow

I don't see a 2012 thread yet - hope it's ok to start one, if not then happy for mods to move this post.

1) Regina, a German piston filler. It is broken (needs a new piston) -- see details and photos in the following thread. It's vintage, and I don't know how hard it will be to find a replacement part. When it does work, I enjoy it as a smooth writer with some flex.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/197053-hrmm-is-it-broke/page__p__1997739__fromsearch__1#entry1997739

2) Ebeco, another piston filler. I find it too stiff / hard a writing experience, so personally I don't enjoy it. I would be glad if someone else can find a home for it.

I'll ship the two pens together within Australia. I gotta get some life things sorted, so offer good only for a week.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• zoniguana

• Chrissy

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for starting the new Pay It Forward for 2012 :thumbup:

You were much quicker off the mark than us Mods/Admin.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Good to see we have a 2012 Pay it Forward topic started. For those who may not be familiar with Pay it Forward, it's something that has run for the last few years on FPN. Here's the details.

Got anything you'd like to give away rather than sell? This is the place. Members who have pens or related items they'd like to pass on and give away will have a home here, should they want one. Please remember to state if you're only willing to ship the item within your own country. Members who claim stuff shouldn't feel that they need to have something of their own to pass on immediately, though. Even if it's years later, the magic should still work. It all comes back - eventually!

I would like to say Thank You to everyone who participated last year. Not only did I receive, I gave and will do so again this year.

Some of my fun this year has been giving locally.

Cobrakai, aka Fuzzy

Peace and Understanding

post-33558-0-02557200-1325555248.jpg First giveaway.

Green Stypen, M nib. Green translucent body w/finger positioning grooves.

This was my Childrens pen. Excellent for someone new or to grind into a broad. The rubber where the finger grooves are is starting to get a bit sticky.

Takes international short or longs, not includrd.

Will post a picture shortly.

Please PM. I will do a random drawing of all responses received by midnight.

Edited by CobraKai

Peace and Understanding

post-33558-0-02557200-1325555248.jpg First giveaway.

Green Stypen, M nib. Green translucent body w/finger positioning grooves.

This was my Childrens pen. Excellent for someone new or to grind into a broad. The rubber where the finger grooves are is starting to get a bit sticky.

Takes international short or longs, not includrd.

Will post a picture shortly.

Please PM. I will do a random drawing of all responses received by midnight.

The winner has been notified! Thank you all to those who entered. My apologies to those that were not the recepient. Alas, I only had one pen to give away and was not sure of giving it. That is the pen I trained the kids to use fountain pens!

Peace and Understanding

This is my favorite forum! I have gotten a couple great notebooks and some cool ink so far and I hope to be able to score a good pen this year to use this great ink. I a truly looking forward to being to give back to others in the future.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This is my favorite forum! I have gotten a couple great notebooks and some cool ink so far and I hope to be able to score a good pen this year to use this great ink. I a truly looking forward to being to give back to others in the future.

Hear, hear! As one of the beneficiaries of the last offer in the 2011 thread I heartily endorse the 2012 version. Let's hope that this year is even more generous than the last.

Brian

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Happy new Year to All!!

Well, I have some new, unused, Sailor proprietary ink cartridges (bought in Toronto, 20110) to give away to someone.

I prefer converters & bottled inks to cartridges, but for some (stupid) reason I ordered four-five boxes of carts.

Daa!

I'm keeping 14 assorted carts, (just in case), but like to "give the rest away" to someone, who would use them:

---20X Jentle Blue,

---20X Jentle Black

---& 18X Kiwa-Guro nano Black. (58 carts in all)

To be fair, all I ask is the price of my postage to the recipient. They should all fit into a small bubble envelope & go letter grade to whoever wants them.

I'd ship anywhere, buy shipping to someone in Canada would be the most economical for the person receiving them.

Please PM me if interested, or post intention on this thread.

Too many carts to keep:

tinta

(means "ink" but not cartridges in the Magyar language, also in Latin)

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

I suppose "pay it forward" is like a fisherman standing in a stream & successfully catching with a certain fly pattern.

Another fisherman passes & asks: "What fly are you using?"

The first angler walks over & gives him one of his winning flies.

"How much do you want for the fly?", asks the newcomer.

The first one answers: "Just give one of your flies that work, to someone else."

This is how it works in fly fishing.

ed: for punctuation

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

I suppose "pay it forward" is like a fisherman standing in a stream & successfully catching with a certain fly pattern.

Another fisherman passes & asks: "What fly are you using?"

The first angler walks over & gives him one of his winning flies.

"How much do you want for the fly?, asks the newcomer.

The first one answers: "Just give one of your flies that work, to someone else. This is how it works in fly fishing."

Yup :thumbup:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I have someone nibbling but no bite yet.

To update further, cartridge offer is pending postal rate, when Canada Post opens its doors on Monday.

ed.: for information

Edited by tinta

I would bite but I do not have a pen that can use them. I am sure someone who can will see them and PM you.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I'm having a bit of a clearout and will start with these two for my first PIF. EU only, please!

1. Platinum carbon pen with a very fine point. One cartridge and a converter included. The nib was too fine and dry for me. Suitable for drawing, but I don't think for writing.

carbonpen.jpg

2. Manuscript calligraphy set, three nib widths, three carts and a converter. Decided calligraphy just wasn't my thing. :embarrassed_smile:

manuscript.jpg

EU only, please, to keep postage down and keep things simple for me. ;)

Please PM me saying which pen you are interested in and where you are located.

If there is more than one person interested, I'll select a winner for each pen randomly tomorrow evening (09 January).

Edited by Sarah M

Curses! I want that Manuscript set but I am in the US.

You can always offer to pay for shipping, if it's not too exorbitant …..

You can always offer to pay for shipping, if it's not too exorbitant …..

It would probably cost less to go to the store and buy them. No big deal.

I think the converter in that Manuscript set is incredibly cute.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

Curses! I still have nothing to give away! :gaah:

I did have a pen I was going to give but it got broken by a classmate :/ Thankfully it wasn't hugely expensive, but I still wish I had something to contribute