The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Please Help Identifying Parker Fp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lapi0

Lapi0

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2011 - 17:39

Hello all,

can anyone give me some information for this pen?

pluma.jpg

I bought it here in Chile late in 80s or early 90s.

It was made in France and has PL imprinted on cap. 1987 ?

cuerpo.jpg

plumin1.jpg

plumin.jpg

joya.jpg

convertidor.jpg

flecha.jpg

I seem to remember that it was offered as an Insignia model.Not sure at all.

Thanks in advance for your help and Happy New Year to all.

Edited by Lapi0, 31 December 2011 - 17:40.

Life is short, the Art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience delusive, judgment difficult.
Hippocrates

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2011 - 17:43

Parker 95
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 Lapi0

Lapi0

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2011 - 18:00

Hello hari317,

thanks a lot.
I think we are lucky in these days. An answer from India to Chile so fast and accurate.
Thanks again.
Life is short, the Art is long, opportunity fleeting, experience delusive, judgment difficult.
Hippocrates

#4 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,204 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2011 - 18:09

Beautiful pictures Lapi0. The pen is very well preserved. I wish I could say the same about the pens that I used in the 80s.

Best
Hari
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#5 algabatz

algabatz

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 14:09

Hello hari317,

thanks a lot.
I think we are lucky in these days. An answer from India to Chile so fast and accurate.
Thanks again.

And info from Sweden ;-)

/Tony

#6 Toolattack

Toolattack

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 17:42

And from the UK!
I agree with hari317 it's a Parker 95.

#7 Lapi0

Lapi0

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 19:13

Hello FP friends all around the world,

thanks to your kind help I know that I own a beautiful pen Parker 95 stainless steel or Flighter.

According to data I have reviewed so far, this model began production in 1988.

My present doubt is that cap is imprinted with PL, which corresponds, as I understand, to third quarter of 1987.

date.jpg

Is it possible that Parker company has used some caps previously made for Arrow model with modifications on clip and tassie for this new pen?

Greetings in this new year.

Some links of interest (at least for me)

http://parkerpens.net/parker95.html

(thanks Tony, nice job you are doing)

http://www.penhero.c...er/Parker95.htm

(A review from Mr.Mamoulides for this pen)

http://www.fountainp...r-95-date-code/

http://www.fountainp..._1#entry2013061
(two old threads here about date issues)
Hippocrates

#8 grandpasmurf

grandpasmurf

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:18

It is an early 95 as the nib unit is the same as the one from the arrow, I have a 95 that i bought in 1994 and the nib is slightly different, the 'parker' inscription was dropped and there is a small cut out on the back of the feed (much like the vector). the other difference is that later 95's were sodl with the twist type piston converter, the converter in yours is the same as the one that I got with my earliest arrow (1982 Q4). Interestingly the date code PL is the same on my GT 95 Flighter. The opinion that parker used up spares of arrow caps does sound reasonable, even though my cap has '95' stamped on it, but there could be a logical explanation:

The main weakness of the arrow is the 2 piece pocket clip, prone to sprains and breaking welds, so it is likely that there would be a considerable number of spare clipless arrow caps that could be used up in production of the 95

Also there is a reason the 95 came into being - not only does the design distance the pen further from the cheapie vectors and bring it more up to date, it also resolves the main problem with the arrow therefore reducing the number of pens being repaired under guarantee and saving money!

The only other issue with these pens that i can find is the band that holds the cap on can wear down and the cap becomes loose. I have heard people complain about drying out issues, but I have 5 Arrows/95's with different converters and have never had this problem.

Gramps :)

Sponsored Content

|