Iroshizuku Chiku-Rin And Ina-Ho

stevesurf

I just inked my 149 Medium nib with the Iroshizuku "Bamboo" color and decided to share a little lettering and ink :)

I also put the Ina Ho next to it, for contrast; I just love these "earthy" tones!

Chiku-Rin%252520Ina-Ho%252520149.jpg

Chiku-Rin%252520Ina-Ho%252520149%252520II.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevesurf

• Ghost Plane

• whitelily

• nitnop

Wow - those are gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures - now I'm going to have to get a sample of each of them, when I'd nearly talked myself out of all of the colours except for Murasaki. :D

http://penemuel.popullus.net/art/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg <--Member since June 2011

Wow - those are gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures - now I'm going to have to get a sample of each of them, when I'd nearly talked myself out of all of the colours except for Murasaki. :D

:embarrassed_smile:

Thanks for the comparisons. Ina-ho looks good to me. :)

:bunny01:

Many thanks; I'll try to find some vials for samples to send you!

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I just inked my 149 Medium nib with the Iroshizuku "Bamboo" color and decided to share a little lettering and ink :)

I also put the Ina Ho next to it, for contrast; I just love these "earthy" tones!

Chiku-Rin%252520Ina-Ho%252520149.jpg

Chiku-Rin%252520Ina-Ho%252520149%252520II.jpg

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

That pretty much matches what I see with my OBB nibs using the Chiku-rin. I find it intriguing that some inks, such as these, keep their properties across various nib sizes, while others will appear much darker or lighter when the nib sizes vary widely. :hmm1:

That pretty much matches what I see with my OBB nibs using the Chiku-rin. I find it intriguing that some inks, such as these, keep their properties across various nib sizes, while others will appear much darker or lighter when the nib sizes vary widely. :hmm1:

I would love to try an OBB using some of these Iroshizuku and Herbin inks. I especially want to try the Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku and some of the J Herbin greens like Lierre Sauvage and Vert Empire in broader nibs. If they are consistent in color, that's a wonderful reason to experience broader strokes, but I have no idea how my printing will look.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Awesome! I just received my bottle of chiku-rin today. I've had my eye on it for some time and was surprised no one had posted a review or anything about it yet. I love it. It's a nice Spring-like color to combat the dead-of-winter blues. And it has those fantastic Iro qualities.

Tamara

The bamboo looks gorgeous, but the sleeper here is the Ina-Ho for me. I'd never considered getting it previously, but wow...it does look amazing out of your 149.

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via. - Seneca

The bamboo looks gorgeous, but the sleeper here is the Ina-Ho for me. I'd never considered getting it previously, but wow...it does look amazing out of your 149.

Many thanks! It's in one of my portable inkwells, along with Chiku-Rin, Aventurine, Herbin Lierre Sauvage and Kon-Peki, worthy of checking out!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

• 5 weeks later...

Do you thing that Ina-Ho looks like noodlers golden brown?

I'd love to put them side-by-side, but I believe Ina-Ho is a greener (or yellow) golden brown than noodlers.

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/iroshizuku-inaho.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j-v9C2Pm9uA/THLXasJn8DI/AAAAAAAACDI/QNDkFxqflfY/s1600/Noodlers+Golden+Brown.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

That did it. Ordered a bottle :embarrassed_smile:

Ina-ho looks great in a BB nib. I tried it in a fine nib, and, while it was nice, it just didn't compare to the color and shading I got with the BB nib. This ink really requires a broad or wider nib, or else vintage flex... so I have a feeling Ghost Plane will like it a lot... :D

Glad you're enjoying this wonderful color! Laura N's review helped me make my purchase :)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/209009-pilot-iroshizuku-ina-ho/

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

• 1 month later...

Having fallen for chiku-rin at first sight, I hadn't considered ina-ho until I saw this review. Thank you. :lol:

Edited by Elethea

Same here!

• 2 weeks later...

That did it. Ordered a bottle :embarrassed_smile:

Ina-ho looks great in a BB nib. I tried it in a fine nib, and, while it was nice, it just didn't compare to the color and shading I got with the BB nib. This ink really requires a broad or wider nib, or else vintage flex... so I have a feeling Ghost Plane will like it a lot... :D

Actually, I´ve used it in a wet medium nib (Lamy) and that worked out really well too! (Pictures) The shading was beautiful, and I´m in love with yet another iroshizuku ink... I keep being amazed by the various beautiful colours of their inks. (For people interested in trying an ink sample, like I did, the Goulet pen store sells them. (No affil.))