Fpn Passaporto

watch_art

It does look nicer filled, in my opinion. I just used a white crayola crayon and wiped away with the bottom of my t shirt. Cotton. :)

Thanks watch-art ,

I went home and quickly searched for a white crayon ...

It IS very nice after the white crayon ... :thumbup:

I discovered 2 things,

1) The STIPULA engraving lines up with the nib;

2) the cap after tightened onto the barrel , also lines up exactly along this axis - the leaf lines up with the "STIPULA' AND the nib...

Amazing !

Designed or coincidence?

Anyone else experience this on their Passaportos?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/TMLee/FP/STIPULA%20Passaporto%20FPN%20SE/DSCF7429.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/TMLee/FP/STIPULA%20Passaporto%20FPN%20SE/DSCF7428.jpg

Mine does not write well at all out of the box.

I haven't got it to work at all.

Couldnt write at all.

:crybaby:

Need to fiddle with the nib.

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• chadden42

• TMLee

• Edgar Allan Bo

Mine didn't write at first after the cleaning, then I held the nib under running water for a bit, and now it writes very smoothly. That might be the one disadvantage of an eye dropper pen, in that the nib is not used to fill the pen.

This is a very small pen, and other than being in this nuthouse (happily I must add) I would not have gotten one quite this small. But posted it feels good and writes very smoothly.

I wonder if they would ever make one just a bit larger? It would still fit in a pocket nicely.

Loving the pen, thanks to all who made it happen.

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

For those who like the shorties, here's a photo of the three tiny workponies mentioned by others in this thread:

P1060242.JPG

ah, just what I was talking about, and exactly those 3 pens! :thumbup:

wow, it's that much smaller than the KAWECO!

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo

Beautiful review. I can't wait...don't know how long it is going to take if you ordered all the models, but this really gets the juices of anticipation flowing.

White crayola. Worther white lead. Don't have either. Something else to buy in the meantime. Isn't it funny that Stipula didn't think of using something like that to give the inscription the pop. Oh wait....I know what I can use. My Herbin Silver/Gold sticks for accenting wax seals like in this example:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/IMG_1428.jpg

Check this out with gold: (thumbnail)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/IMG_1492s.jpg

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

It does look nicer filled, in my opinion. I just used a white crayola crayon and wiped away with the bottom of my t shirt. Cotton. :)

Thanks watch-art ,

I discovered 2 things,

2) the cap after tightened onto the barrel , also lines up exactly along this axis - the leaf lines up with the "STIPULA' AND the nib...

Amazing !

Designed or coincidence?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/TMLee/FP/STIPULA%20Passaporto%20FPN%20SE/DSCF7429.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/TMLee/FP/STIPULA%20Passaporto%20FPN%20SE/DSCF7428.jpg

Couldnt write at all.

Flush it with some soapy water (a glass of water with two drops of dishwashing liquid) - that should do the trick. And use a simple, well flowing ink first, like Waterman BB, FB or SSB, this to help the feed soak in more easily, before tryign any other ink.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

[/b]Check this out with gold: (thumbnail)[/size]

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/IMG_1492s.jpg

It looks great! More subtle than the white, but kind of classy like.

One thing I'm noticing from these photos is the different section on the newer Passaportos. Much more tapered, not much of a stop for your fingers. Is there anyone who has both that can say if the different design affects grip much?

Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

Thanks watch-art ,

I discovered 2 things,

Amazing !

Designed or coincidence?

Couldnt write at all.

Flush it with some soapy water (a glass of water with two drops of dishwashing liquid) - that should do the trick. And use a simple, well flowing ink first, like Waterman BB, FB or SSB, this to help the feed soak in more easily, before tryign any other ink.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Thanks Wim,

Will give it a try.

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

I did not receive an extra nib. Were we all supposed to?

The extra nibs were available for order in the store, they didn't come with the pen unless you ordered one or more. Apparently a lot of us did :)

I did not receive an extra nib. Were we all supposed to?

The extra nibs were available for order in the store, they didn't come with the pen unless you ordered one or more. Apparently a lot of us did :)

thanks!!!! mystery solved

Under the Mercy

I have both an older Passaporto with the flared section and the FPN Passaporto, they are both comfortable in my hand. The FPN Passaporto is about a quarter inch longer overall when posted which I find more comfortable but I'm guessing that's probably completely psychological since they both rest in the same places in my grip.

Fred

Looks like a nice compact pen like the Kaweco.

Erring; for he with this rebellious rout

Fell long before; nor aught aviled him now

To have built in Heaven high towers; nor did he scape

By all his engines, but was headlong sent

With his industrious crew, to build in Hell

I tried one in a store today - it's sooooooooo TINY!

I saw it on many pictures before, and even the comparison foto with other mini-pens in this thread but I was really surprised to see how small it really is when I held it in my hand. :headsmack:

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo

I am having trouble with mine. I am using a cartridge and the pen leaks at the nib/feeder part and drops a blob of ink while I am writing every once in awhile please help i don't often spend this much for a pen after doing so, i am not happy about it's behaviour

Under the Mercy