Waterman Inks

benn093

Our new shipment is Serenity Blue (I updated our website). We had some samples of Florida Blue still, so we swabbed up both colors and none of us at the shop could tell the difference between the two. I suspect this is just a rebranding effort, not a total reformulation.

Huge sigh of relief beginning! Thank you!

+1, but what's up with the stupid names???

What's wrong with blue, light blue, black, blue black... you get the idea. I guess I might be just sick of 'renaming' colors. GM had 'umpteen' different names for the color generically known as 'Chevy orange'....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThirdeYe

• onetake

• lapis

• Ghost Plane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rachel, would it be possible for you guys to check the correspondence of all the "new" Waterman colours to the old ones? Even if Serenity/Florida Blue are the same, I suppose it's still possible it's not true of them all...

Thanks for the discussion - this is surprising and a little disappointing. Even if Florida Blue and Serenity Blue appear to be the same color, I am suspicious. I guess time will tell as FPN members continue to compare and report back. :mellow:

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.  ~Lord Byron

Our new shipment is Serenity Blue (I updated our website). We had some samples of Florida Blue still, so we swabbed up both colors and none of us at the shop could tell the difference between the two. I suspect this is just a rebranding effort, not a total reformulation.

Thanks Rachel. I'm going to be somewhat near a pen store this afternoon and was thinking about stopping in and grabbing a bottle of Blue Black. If I run out of time to do this, I won't worry so much about it.

I think Rubbermaid should separate itself out and go back to making dish washing racks, and those white rubber blade kitchen tools for scraping the pudding out of bowls.

:lol: Great idea! They do a good job with all those plastic and rubber things. I'm not certain they've really caught on to what these fountain pen things are all about. :hmm1:

Edited by Treecat

Rachel, would it be possible for you guys to check the correspondence of all the "new" Waterman colours to the old ones? Even if Serenity/Florida Blue are the same, I suppose it's still possible it's not true of them all...

I would love for this as well.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Absolutely! Although, the change hasn't quite taken full effect yet- we're still getting shipments in of the 'old' style. But we'll compare them all, update swabs, etc as they arrive. I'll adjust the name on our website as we switch over. I could see doing a comprehensive blog post with full comparisons once we get all the new colors in. :thumbup:

"Serenity Now! Serenity Now!" ;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It needed to be said. thumbup.gif

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

"Serenity Now! Serenity Now!" ;) Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It needed to be said. thumbup.gif

Does this mean nobody will be feeling blue?

"What's wrong with blue, light blue, black, blue black... you get the idea. I guess I might be just sick of 'renaming' colors. GM had 'umpteen' different names for the color generically known as 'Chevy orange'...."

Hi spitfire,

I agree with you about these names. Serenity isn't bad but Audacious Red and Absolute Brown? Absolutely atrocious!

But it's all about marketing.

You see the same thing in clothing, capet, paint catalogs. I'm having my place repainted in colors bearing the name Angel Food Cake and Swiss Coffee. Am I supposed to paint with it, or dine on it?

It's amusing, in its own way.

I agree with you about these names. Serenity isn't bad but Audacious Red and Absolute Brown? Absolutely atrocious!

Absolute Brown is absolutely the worst of the lot. Among other things, Havana Brown is not absolutely brown; it has a reddish tone that makes it more appealing. It was also a wonderfully evocative name. To whom does the name Absolute Brown appeal? Sounds like (bleep).

Edited by Scriver

Absolute Brown is absolutely the worst of the lot. Among other things, Havana Brown is not absolutely brown; it has a reddish tone that makes it more appealing. It was also a wonderfully evocative name. To whom does the name Absolute Brown appeal? Sounds like (bleep).

vodka drinkers? :P

Yeah - pretty pathetic name.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I guess I will have to change my name.... :unsure:

Edited by Florida Blue

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

I don't particularly like the new names, aside from perhaps Serenity Blue, but it's good to know the inks themselves aren't changing. I don't really use Waterman inks any more (I'm gravitating toward more saturated inks, and I prefer permanence where possible), but I like them as a go-to option for a well-behaved, safe ink if that should become necessary and I'm glad they'll still be available.

Edited by mcbender

vodka drinkers? :P

Yeah - pretty pathetic name.

Except most of the Absolut vodka flavors are often hideous as well

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

Man. Ok, I may be a bit adverse to change but this has me narcked. Messing with my favourite inks: Florida, SSB and Purple. GRRRRRRR. I know it's not reformulation thank goodness but changing the names is still all kinds of inky badness. Thank goodness so few people buy ink in New Zealand when I get back I'll probably be able to buy it for years in the old format.