Waterman Inks

benn093

Oh my goodness!

What a sneaky way to do things, no announcements, nothing.

I also need to stock up on the old formula.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThirdeYe

• onetake

• lapis

• MrsGouletPens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those new Waterman names, boxes and labels do not appeal to me. It seems like a typical big corporation, spending time and money to "rebrand" a perfectly good product. New Coke anyone?

Those new Waterman names, boxes and labels do not appeal to me. It seems like a typical big corporation, spending time and money to "rebrand" a perfectly good product. New Coke anyone?

+1

They're trying to get a bit too cutesy with the names. Herbin can just about pull it off most of the time, but Waterman's efforts here have been decidedly less successful. The new names are, in my opinion, corny in the original French and even worse when translated into English.

I ordered a bottle of Waterman Purple from Jetpens (who still had the old picture/name) and they sent me the new bottle of "Tender Purple". I don't have a sample of the old stuff, however, so I cannot tell if it is any different. I am glad to hear some confirmation from Vanness Pens about whether or not it is reformulated. I'll do a comparison if any of the 5 new bottles I ordered happen to be the new stuff.

Edited by ThirdeYe

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

It will be interesting to see if it really isn't reformulated.

I say this because I had a favorite shampoo some years ago and was reassured by the company that it had not been reformulated...just improved.

um. what?

I did a direct ingredient comparison and of course it was different.

So it's certainly possible that they are saying that Serenity Blue is "the same as" Florida Blue (but not really).

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

It will be interesting to see if it really isn't reformulated.

I say this because I had a favorite shampoo some years ago and was reassured by the company that it had not been reformulated...just improved.

um. what?

I did a direct ingredient comparison and of course it was different.

So it's certainly possible that they are saying that Serenity Blue is "the same as" Florida Blue (but not really).

I've noticed the same thing with Staples Copy Paper. They changed the design of the case and on it, it states "New look, same great paper!" and the paper started feathering like crazy. Same paper? Nope! But likely, only us that use FPs would ever notice.

I compared Serenity Blue and Florida Blue and they look awfully similar. I cannot say for sure because they were with different pens (and different pens often give different looks/tones). If Florida Blue were discontinued, I'd be happy with the Serenity Blue because of how close it looks. I'm glad I have 6 bottles of Florida Blue, regardless!

Edited by ThirdeYe

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

New name for Waterman Teal "Blue/Black" = Mysterious Blue... :ltcapd: ...oh the irony

Edited by Edgar Allan Bo

I've read all of the above (I think). QUESTION IS: Have all of these inks remained the same, just with new names?

BTW: Never heard of a Waterman Pink. Have you??

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Pink was only available in carts. Actually quite nice in the old days.

Thanks!

A. Will Radiant Pink be available now in bottles, too?

B. Will all 9 of those inks in the table above -- be offered in bottles?

Thanks a million.

MIke

lapis - I have compared Florida Blue and Serenity Blue, and they look very close but I cannot confirm that they are the same. There are subtle differences, but that could be due to using different pens to compare them. I do not have an actual sample of Serenity Blue, but a FPN member was kind enough to send me a writing sample of it. On that sample, I wrote some lines using Florida Blue to see how they looked next to each other. I'll try to scan it when I get a chance.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

lapis - I have compared Florida Blue and Serenity Blue, and they look very close but I cannot confirm that they are the same. There are subtle differences, but that could be due to using different pens to compare them. I do not have an actual sample of Serenity Blue, but a FPN member was kind enough to send me a writing sample of it. On that sample, I wrote some lines using Florida Blue to see how they looked next to each other. I'll try to scan it when I get a chance.

Thanks! Again, I guess that somebody (maybe you or even me?) will soon compare both and then make at least an "estimation".

Mike

I'm waiting to hear with the rest of you. This was always a "safe" ink and I hope they haven't ruined a good thing. :rolleyes:

I read this whole thread and now I'm worried I won't be able to make Binder Burple anymore!!! :crybaby:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I can't compare the Violet because I have the old phenolated version as it is. :P

Though I never noticed a difference in shade between it and the non-smelly version the bottle I have is so old and probably quite concentrated therefore not at all reliable for comparison.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Our new shipment is Serenity Blue (I updated our website). We had some samples of Florida Blue still, so we swabbed up both colors and none of us at the shop could tell the difference between the two. I suspect this is just a rebranding effort, not a total reformulation.

I think Rubbermaid should separate itself out and go back to making dish washing racks, and those white rubber blade kitchen tools for scraping the pudding out of bowls.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Our new shipment is Serenity Blue (I updated our website). We had some samples of Florida Blue still, so we swabbed up both colors and none of us at the shop could tell the difference between the two. I suspect this is just a rebranding effort, not a total reformulation.

Huge sigh of relief beginning! Thank you!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg