• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VillersCotterets

• fabrimedeiros

• Jimmy James

• RNHC

I don't think I seen this mentioned... but when is the 850 due to be released?

Also please don't put those pin striped looking engravings on the barrel :(

At least make a minimal black version

Wondering if I should hold out buying a Diamond 540 until this comes out...

I like to ask the same : when is the 850 due to be released ?

Edited by Cynergy
SCRIPTA MANENT VERBA VOLANT

Looks great, but one question which keeps me from fully enjoying the 530/540:

Are you going to make it so it can be used and balanced properly when POSTED?

I don't want to buy another pen that doesn't allow use (& balanced properly) when posted.

This must be an uber-top secret issue. Quiet as a church mouse.

Nobody likes to deal with pushy people. Just sayin'. ;)

OK, not to be pushy, but I won't likely be buying one either if it doesn't post...

Just sayin' ;)

Ummm..... okay..... Thanks for letting everyone know. :rolleyes:

Speedy, it seems quite nice, I'm not sure about my feelings of the changeover between cap and barrel, I don't like it much, but it's subjective.

What I wonder is the weight, do you have an idea how many grams it will have?

Thanks

That is absolutely stunning! I will have one! Oh yes, I will.

I will give up my fountain pen when they peel my cramped ink-stained fingers from around it!

44 bottles and counting.

Elegant design. Proud to have an original-batch TWSBI, but will need this one, also.

Yes, yes. Need it, that's what I keep telling myself and the other voices said I was crazy, but if someone else hears those voices and needs the fountain pens, I can't be crazy can I?

Speaking with experience from my 540, I suggest...

1) Make the metal version a short version so it will be better balanced when posted.

2) Make the cap post to the body and not the knob so we don't accidentally twist the knob when unposting the cap.

Thanks! :)

Mike

Impressive! Love to purchase one day!

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene

Looks great, but one question which keeps me from fully enjoying the 530/540:

Are you going to make it so it can be used and balanced properly when POSTED?

I don't want to buy another pen that doesn't allow use (& balanced properly) when posted.

This must be an uber-top secret issue. Quiet as a church mouse.

Nobody likes to deal with pushy people. Just sayin'. ;)

OK, not to be pushy, but I won't likely be buying one either if it doesn't post...

Just sayin' ;)

Ummm..... okay..... Thanks for letting everyone know. :rolleyes:

The real point about my persistence is to keep reminding Speedy that ability to post the cap, and have the pen balanced is VERY important to a lot of people, and it did not happen with the 530 or 540 models.

You can keep trying to object or call us "posters" whatever names you want. We won't stop bringing up the issue--especially if a pen is in a design phase and Speedy is asking FPN members for feedback. Deal with it. :thumbup:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Also please don't put those pin striped looking engravings on the barrel :(

At least make a minimal black version

This.

What's with the line bisecting the barrel and cap? Do they serve some function? They seem frivolous and, worse, disrupt the flow of the design.

And this.

I would love to see a plain version without the cuts & pinstripes. And if you do pinstripes, please, don't just treat half of the facets, all or nothing looks better than duo.

Btw. have you looked into 3D printing for the parts/bodies? I think this could be an excellent use case for it as it lends better to smaller objects, offers amazing precision and control over the design (meaning you can realize designs that are hard or even impossible with conventional manufacturing methods, think of weird geometries and skeletonized shapes) aaaand... you can do metals with it too. ;)

Of course additional work on the printed blanks produced would be required but still, the stuff that one can achieve with it is just amazing. Basically the only limit is your imagination and your ability to visualize the design using CAD (of course material costs too, a pen body printed in gold would still be a golden pen).

The other benefits include the fact that it doesn't really matter if you print just one or hundred. Completely custom, even one off designs could suddenly be within reach of the average buyer.

Here are a few 3D print design companies:

http://www.shapeways.com

http://www.freedomofcreation.com/

The real point about my persistence is to keep reminding Speedy that ability to post the cap, and have the pen balanced is VERY important to a lot of people, and it did not happen with the 530 or 540 models.

You can keep trying to object or call us "posters" whatever names you want. We won't stop bringing up the issue--especially if a pen is in a design phase and Speedy is asking FPN members for feedback. Deal with it. :thumbup:

I don't post my pens so I don't care either way. I'm just saying you could have phrased your "input" in a better way, i.e., honey instead of vinegar. ;)

Also, if you didn't like 530 or 540, why are you still bothering with Twsbi? I would have moved on to a different brand already. :P

I don't post my pens so I don't care either way. I'm just saying you could have phrased your "input" in a better way, i.e., honey instead of vinegar. ;)

Also, if you didn't like 530 or 540, why are you still bothering with Twsbi? I would have moved on to a different brand already. :P

The TWSBI mini is designed to be posted.

OK, so after wanting feedback, because the feedback doesn't please you, those who want to be able to post their pens, (in line with the majority of pen users) should abandon the TWSBI brand?

Speedy wanted feedback from the community about how his pens, so he could tailor them to user's wants and needs. Being able to post the cap IS valid feedback. BTW I like the 530, but the lack of a post-able cap limits usability of the pen for me.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Yes yes yes yes yes! :notworthy1:

I'm a sucker for black pens, and if the cap end looks as it does in the pictures/renderings, it'll be my first TWSBI. I've been put off in the past by the bright red cap jewel.

OK, so after wanting feedback, because the feedback doesn't please you, those who want to be able to post their pens, (in line with the majority of pen users) should abandon the TWSBI brand?

Speedy wanted feedback from the community about how his pens, so he could tailor them to user's wants and needs. Being able to post the cap IS valid feedback. BTW I like the 530, but the lack of a post-able cap limits usability of the pen for me.

Uh... okay... Thanks again for letting us know. :rolleyes:

You do know that I am not Speedy... that I didn't ask for nor care about your feedback, right?

1) Make the metal version a short version so it will be better balanced when posted.

2) Make the cap post to the body and not the knob so we don't accidentally twist the knob when unposting the cap.

Mike

I don't post my pens, but I think threads on the body to screw the cap onto when posting would be a nice feature. This makes posting more secure, and reduces the chances that posting will scratch the body or crack the cap lip.

Mike

I don't post my pens, but I think threads on the body to screw the cap onto when posting would be a nice feature. This makes posting more secure, and reduces the chances that posting will scratch the body or crack the cap lip.

I think this pen will be large (~ 140mm caped), like 530-540, M800, MB146, HS Maxi, or oversized (~146mm), like M1000, MB149, Vac700 (~146mm). And threads on the bottom of the body will be really nice.

I like my 530, but I've never realized a pen (piston filler) in which the cap can be posted on the knob. 530-540 is the first!

Uh... okay... Thanks again for letting us know. :rolleyes:

You do know that I am not Speedy... that I didn't ask for nor care about your feedback, right?

OK, Then why did you post to begin with??? I also happen to like my TWO 530s... Feedback is aimed at Speedy, you don't count!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png