The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Expert Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 owenj

owenj

Extremely Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:28

Posted Image

First Impressions: I really do love white pens. This version of the Expert Deluxe is part of Waterman's Pure White collection. A nice, somewhat eye catching pen.

Posted Image

Construction & Quality: 8/10 I like the mix of white, metal/chrome, & black. The barrel is white lacquer over a metal body, the blind cap, cap jewel, & section are black plastic accented with chrome bands, & the cap is chrome with a black band. The cap also has 5 sets of horizontal lines/designs rather than being smooth metal. It's a click on/off cap, & clicks on to post securely as well :thumbup:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Weight & Dimensions: 8/10
I like the weight of this pen. It's a little heavier, feels more comparable to my Lamy 2k but certainly isn't a rock. A bit longer & thicker than the Waterman Hemisphere. The weight shifts to the back when posted, which I don't mind, but I haven't tried writing with this for hours straight yet. Feels very comfortable un-posted too.

Posted Image

Nib & Performance: 9/10 I ordered a size fine & feel it's a true Western fine. Stainless steel nib with perhaps the tiniest bit of spring. Once the feed was well saturated this thing wrote very nicely. The handwritten review was the 1st time ever writing with the pen, & the ink wasn't flowing too well. Having written with it a bit more now I rescind my comment about it being "dry." It isn't gushing wet, but I wouldn't call it dry anymore either. Very pleasant to write with.

Posted Image

Filling System & Maintenance- 7/10 Standard cartridge converter. I'm wavering on giving this an 8 because the Waterman cartridges have such a large ink capacity.

Cost & Value: 7/10 MSRP is $175 & I think I paid around $120 for mine. I think it's a decent price; nice pen that wrote well straight from the box. However, the pen doesn't come with a converter whereas my $50 Harmonie did, so hmmm.

Conclusion: 39/50
I'd recommend this little lovely from Waterman. It's nice looking, performs well, & won't necessarily break the bank. Colors for the deluxe are limited, but you get a little more variety from the regular Expert line.

Sponsored Content

#2 robofkent

robofkent

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 23:09

I have had an Expert II in the usual black and gold trim but have just ordered the deluxe white version so looking forward to receiving it!

#3 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 15:29

Beautiful pen. I have 3 expert II's and their terrific. So good in fact their almost "boringly" good. And that is in a good way. You'll enjoy that for years to come.

#4 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:01

I have 4 first generation experts and they are better built than this one. Nice pen however :thumbup:
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#5 tdeecy

tdeecy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:58

Has a snap-on cap, yes?

Deecy/
Got a Kindle or other reader?
http://www.amazon.com/Money-Back-Short-Stories-ebook/dp/B006RNYVCW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1331937685&sr=8-5

#6 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2012 - 20:12

Has a snap-on cap, yes?

Deecy/

yes indeed
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

|