Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Sheaffer Balance Oversize
Posted 03 December 2011 - 23:38
Dwarfing my Vac Major:
Even the nib makes the nib on the Vac Major look tiny.
Now if only I can find one of these with a factory stub!
Posted 04 December 2011 - 00:54
Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:53
I got my first balance today.A little tiny one.Cleaned it up and put a new sac in it.Great little pen.Now I am cursed with the desire to hunt down different sizes and colours.
Edited by Hangglidernerd, 04 December 2011 - 01:55.
Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:59
Most Sheaffer nibs are manifold fine nibs -stiff fine- but are very smooth with very good feel and flow. Other sizes, flexible, and stub were available.
just as most vintage pens, condition can drive up prices considerably, especially for the earliest celluloids (Jade Green, Black & Pearl, Blue).
Your pen, with the long, humped, ball clip and with a pinned lever, dates to 1929 to early 1930. Enjoy it in good health!
Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens
Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:47
Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:01
Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:52
Posted 25 December 2011 - 18:39
You found a really wonderful pen. Don't leave it laying around FPN unattended!
PS - though I do have a B & P flat top with a factory stub
Edited by gary, 25 December 2011 - 18:40.