The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao X500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dezzick3

dezzick3

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:58

Afternoon

I bought this Jinhao X500 on the 'bay two days ago for £2.50 (free postage) and it arrived this morning. I immediately used the included converter to fill it with Skrip Black and it worked immediately. The nib is very smooth, but not overly so and I felt as if i had some control. I really liked the styling, the amber middle section is very striking and pleasing to look at, and the nib (M) has some lovely detail. I am not yet accustomed to the weight and balance of the pen, I find it a is a bit top-heavy while posted and for me too light when unposted but I m sure I will become accustomed. I highly recommend this pen to anyone looking for a cheap yet smart pen.

Dezzick
For in all things the woman is full of fear, not able to look upon battle or cold steel. But when she is wounded over love no heart is more murderous. Medea 263-266

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2011 - 18:30

Thanks for the write up. Jinhao has a bewildering number of models.

#3 dezzick3

dezzick3

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 18:37

Comparison with a Lamy Al-Star
For in all things the woman is full of fear, not able to look upon battle or cold steel. But when she is wounded over love no heart is more murderous. Medea 263-266

#4 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2011 - 22:48

Interesting, I had not seen this one. It sort of takes styling queues from Pelikan.

#5 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,490 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:54

Wow. Big pen and beautiful acrylic. Thanks!

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

|