Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-Ho

Laura N

I bit the bullet and ordered Ina-ho, one of the new Pilot Iroshizuku inks from Jetpens. From the swatches I saw online, I expected a light brown ink. To my surprise, it turns out to be a gorgeous golden color, with a greenish tint.

It's a color that's hard to reproduce on a scan, but I did my best. If I have time in the next few days to use Photoshop, I can do a better job with color correction, but this is in the ballpark. In the meantime, please ignore the purple cast in the bottom quarter of the scan; that's due to the scanner software.

And I apologize for my poor handwriting, but the ink's the thing after all. :) I hope this is useful to people considering it. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them. Also, if anyone knows how to get the picture in the post, instead of in download form, just let me know.

Ina-ho.pdf

Edited by Laura N

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EKE

• Ghost Plane

• WOBentley

• Laura N

Very Nice review...the color is not for me so you have saved me some $ Thanks!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Reminds me a ton of Noodler's Golden Brown if you let it settle out and only use the lighter component.

Not my cup'o'tea, but nice review nonetheless! :thumbup:

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via. - Seneca

Very useful review, thanks.

This was the only one of the four recently released Iroshizuku inks that I found slightly tempting. Interesting color, but I don't see that I would have much use for it. My wallet thanks you.

Hi,

Many thanks for the Review!

Thanks also for enabling cost-avoidance, and eliminating risk exposure to subsequent disappointment. :thumbup:

My overloaded groaning ink shelves also thank you.

Nope . . . not even a free sample.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

I bit the bullet and ordered Ina-ho, one of the new Pilot Iroshizuku inks from Jetpens. From the swatches I saw online, I expected a light brown ink. To my surprise, it turns out to be a gorgeous golden color, with a greenish tint.

It's a color that's hard to reproduce on a scan, but I did my best. If I have time in the next few days to use Photoshop, I can do a better job with color correction, but this is in the ballpark. In the meantime, please ignore the purple cast in the bottom quarter of the scan; that's due to the scanner software.

And I apologize for my poor handwriting, but the ink's the thing after all. :) I hope this is useful to people considering it. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them. Also, if anyone knows how to get the picture in the post, instead of in download form, just let me know.

Thanks so much for testing the new color! Just ordered it ;) :puddle:

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Thanks for the review. Definitely not for me! :(

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

how do you pronounce this?

In Japanese the "i" always sounds like "ee," and there's usually no accented syllable. So, think to yourself ee-nah-hoe about as evenly as you can, and you'll be about right. :)

While we're on the topic, a name like "kiri-same" actually has four syllables. It's sah-meh, not "same." :)

Very, very carefully if you know the old joke...

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Very, very carefully if you know the old joke...

:roflmho: :roflmho:

That's the first thing I though!!

But yeah - this color isn't for me...

I guess R&K's Alt Goldgrun is more green whereas Ina-Ho is more golden?

Edited by discombobulated

It's a nice looking ink.

Thank you.

And an ink is there to be scribbled with, like crayons...not needing a 'use', other than to joy my eyes.

I still don't have my full 64, much less 128 color box of crayons...inks.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thanks for the review.

I mixed up a similar color using MontBlanc Racing Green and Sheaffer King's Gold.

"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

Looks a lot like Herbin's Ambre de Birmanie

I have and love Ambre de Birmanie, but they are very different in real life. The Ambre is a golden yellowy brown, but really a brown, whereas the Ina-ho is a greenish gold. The Ambre is really beautiful in a flex pen, but for me using the Ina-ho in a flex pen doesn't add much. It's just as good with a regular nib.

In Japanese the "i" always sounds like "ee," and there's usually no accented syllable. So, think to yourself ee-nah-hoe about as evenly as you can, and you'll be about right. :)

While we're on the topic, a name like "kiri-same" actually has four syllables. It's sah-meh, not "same." :)

Fuyu-Syogun confused a friend of mine until I told them the second part was "shogun". Then they managed to pull it off, more or less.

Living in Taiwan, I usually just call these by Chinese names (reading the Kanji in Mandarin), but since the Romanized Japanese is right there, hey why not? thumbup.gif

Robert.

Very light colour, but the review is great.

Pilot Vanishing Point Royal Red

Sailor Professional Gear - Sailor Jentle Grenade

Kaweco AC Sport Red Limited Edition - Kaweco Red

Sheaffer Prelude Chrome - Private Reserve Sherwood Green

TWSBI Diamond 540 - Sheaffer Purple

Sheaffer 300 - Private Reserve Orange Crush

• 3 months later...

I just got a sample from a nice friend this weekend and will have to try it out and see how it compares to my LOVE Noodlers Golden Brown. Should do a comparison. I love this kind of color. Love It.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Thanks for this review! I'll have to order this one too. First thing I thought of was R&K's Alt-Grün. That has, yes, more green to it, but the whole "touch" is beautiful. As you say, not for everyday work, but something special in any case.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)