The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Picasso 606

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 16:30

I'm home for Thanksgiving Break, doing laundry, sipping persimmon tea and generally procrastinating. So while I'm at it, I bring to you my first Chinese fountain pen, bought off of ebay for less than $12! It's a light peachy pink and writes like a dream...once I hit its sweet spot anyway.
Posted Image
top to bottom: Picasso 606, Pilot Prera, Lamy Al-Star, Sailor A.S. Manhattaner's, Pilot 78G

The 606 was advertised as an "Ultrafine Accounting Pen" but it seems to write bolder than my Pilot Prera fine or more closely to my Lamy extra fine. Aside from a decent writing nib, the weight of the pen itself is also more substantial than my other fountain pens, probably because the 606 is made of metal instead of plastic or aluminum. I wish it were a little longer like the Lamy Al-Star since I don't like capping my pens and ruining the weight balance, but otherwise I'm very satisfied.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The 606 really seems to love Private Reserve Velvet Black and the hooded nib was surprisingly easy to fill and clean. In terms of ergonomics, it's not as easy to handle as the Lamy since sometimes I roll the pen in my fingers and lose the sweet spot. And its not as fine or easy of a writer as the Prera, which can pretty much write no matter how I turn the nib. All in all, compared to the rest of the lot, I think the 606 might just be my new favorite pen.

Edited by jaderabbit, 23 November 2011 - 16:32.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2011 - 17:34

Thanks for the write up. Have a good holliday

#3 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,688 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 16:31

Thanks for the review, it's good to see these Chinese pens as there are so many of them..

However this gave me a chuckle:

...probably because the 606 is made of metal instead of plastic or aluminum.

There was me thinking Aluminium was a metal...

May years back the company I worked for had a really old draughtsman who often asked whether the new box he was to design was 'Metal or Aluminium'.:thumbup:

Regards,

Richard.

Sponsored Content

|