Rollerball Pens Refillable With Fp Ink

Slim

I've seen a few topics around where rollerball pens are tweakable to allow them to be refilled with FP ink. I've also seen a few posts alluding to pens that are already refillable with FP ink. These posts, unfortunately did not mention specific brands/pens (I didn't want to butt in with questions regarding the pens as they would have been off-topic).

Getting to the point.....

Does anyone know of any good quality rollerball pens that can be refilled with FP without any mod's??

Many thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rsx

• Obsidian57

• rockydoggy

• Slim

Pelikan made a rollerball that takes cartridges. I have a couple here someplace.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Guest surrealdeal

: /

You know, you can just rip the tops out of those Pilot V5s and refill them with nearly anything. ( except I've a bad experience with Lamy Blue. Maybe the iron gall gunks it up? )

The Pilot G2 Leaks terribly.

You know, you can just rip the tops out of those Pilot V5s and refill them with nearly anything. ( except I've a bad experience with Lamy Blue. Maybe the iron gall gunks it up? )

How much trouble is it to reseal them? Is it possible to do that multiple times? :unsure:

I found a previous FPN post on the matter, but the blog it links to is now defunct, so there's not much available in the way of guidance there. :(

Edited by Ad_Astra

Non est ad astra mollis e terris via. - Seneca

It's easier to just get a pen that's designed for this, instead modifying something that's not supposed to be tweaked so.

The one's I know of:

The Visconti Eco-Roller - C/C filler

Noodler's Konrad - Piston filler

Noodler's Creaper - Piston Filler

There's that Monteverde, and the Kaweco Sport Rollerball.

(you can purchase spare inkball tips for the Noodler's pens)

It's easier to just get a pen that's designed for this, instead modifying something that's not supposed to be tweaked so.

That's exactly what I'm after. Thanks for all the replies - especially the term "Inkball" (hadn't heard that one before).

Cheers

Hi Slim,

Monteverde offers the

http://www.hisnibs.com/InvinciaColorFusionSkyhawkWhiteIBMain_small.jpg

Invincia (various colors)

http://www.hisnibs.com/MegaGoldAngledUncapped_small.jpg

Mega

http://www.monteverdepens.com/images/One_Touch/OneTouch_stylusengage_pens.jpg

Engage

as Ink*Balls.

Regards,

Norman Haase

His Nibs.com

www.hisnibs.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HisNibs1

Guest surrealdeal

How much trouble is it to reseal them? Is it possible to do that multiple times? :unsure:

I found a previous FPN post on the matter, but the blog it links to is now defunct, so there's not much available in the way of guidance there. :(

You just pull them out and press them back in. It's really easy. It doesn't take much force at all to do.

The Kaweco rollerball pen takes the same cartridges as the fountain pen but doesn't come with a converter.

Just in case anyone's interested - I managed to find a mini-converter here.

I purchased two recently along with their matching fountain pens.

Visconti's Michaelangelo Eco-rollerball is beautiful, especially with the antique rose gold trim.

I use Private Reserves Black Cherry ink in both the fountain pen and the roller ball.

I also purchased the fountain pen and Eco-rollerball in the Leverger Chesterton Expresso series.

A beautiful design that handles well.

Call me crazy but I use the Black Cherry ink in the two of them also

:roflmho:

I have two regular roller ball refills filled with Noodler's inks right now, a Sheaffer and a Pelikan. All I had to do was gently pull off the tip and the feed with a pair of needle nose pliers, fill them using a syringe and then press the tip/feed back in. Work great. It does take about a page or so before the new color ink starts flowing through the "feed". I have BSB in the Pelikan blue refill.

The Monteverde Mega Ink ball is no longer available, but they still make one in the Invincia line. I do not recommend them. My personal experience is that they squeak and sing like crazy. Mine never wrote really smoothly, and the noise finally made me nuts. I even tried the front section from a Visconti Eco-roller, which fits the Invincia perfectly. A little smoother, but the same noise. I finally tossed out the ink ball fronts and ordered a fountain pen nib from the same line from Yafa, it fits perfectly, just screws in.

On the other hand, the Noodler ink rollers have become some of my favorite pens. They start out a little scratchy, but smooth out a lot over time. They are advertised as having a fine/medium point size, but they are more on the fine side. Replacement points are four for $2.00. I'm really enjoying them, I have one filled with Aurora Black and another with Noodler's Manhattan Blue. They make great shirt pocket every day use pens.

Edited by markofp

At the low end, add the Zebra R-301. Proprietary cartridge, but it can be refilled. The cartridges are physically the same between the rollerball, fountain pen, and highlighter in the -301 series, though I don't know about the inks in the three.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

If you use the syringe vacuum method to refill your pilot v5 pen, u can do it an infinite number of times until the nib wears out :vbg:

search youtube for "refill pilot pen".