Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2012 - 16:16

Osmia Supra Lux Extra PBF Black and Pearl

Osmia 226 BL PBF Lapis blue

Osmia Extra Black (A very curious filling system with a little ball you pull and push, it functions similarly to a PBF, your knowledge in this matters would be appreciated)

Osmia 12 PBF Black and Bronze

Osmia Supra normal 36 PBF Coral Red

Osmia 64 M Safety, produced for Böhler (the barrel says "Original Böhler")

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I have Osmia progress Supra 294; Osmia 226 pearl and black, but there is no clip and I'm looking for this; Osmia 882, 883 and 884 - green striated, and Osmia Supra Extra PBF - Coral red. I have many other black, but do not remember the numbers. I have two Osmia 76, but need repair.

Your Osmia Extra Black is interesting. I've never seen one.

"I have an Adler and a Symetra both also manufactured by Osmia during the period they worked together with Parker." - What are these? I have not heard of them. Can you picture?

#22 Azuniga

Azuniga

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2012 - 16:39

Osmia Supra Lux Extra PBF Black and Pearl

Osmia 226 BL PBF Lapis blue

Osmia Extra Black (A very curious filling system with a little ball you pull and push, it functions similarly to a PBF, your knowledge in this matters would be appreciated)

Osmia 12 PBF Black and Bronze

Osmia Supra normal 36 PBF Coral Red

Osmia 64 M Safety, produced for Böhler (the barrel says "Original Böhler")

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I have Osmia progress Supra 294; Osmia 226 pearl and black, but there is no clip and I'm looking for this; Osmia 882, 883 and 884 - green striated, and Osmia Supra Extra PBF - Coral red. I have many other black, but do not remember the numbers. I have two Osmia 76, but need repair.

Your Osmia Extra Black is interesting. I've never seen one.

"I have an Adler and a Symetra both also manufactured by Osmia during the period they worked together with Parker." - What are these? I have not heard of them. Can you picture?

Parcival
I have several 883 & 884 (since I started collecting many years ago with Faber Castell and they are quite similar) but I thought they were not as attractive here as those i posted or the one you started the topic with.

Left PBF 11.8 cm Clip says: Adler

On barrel: Max Adler & Co. Berlin, which could be a company for which Osmia produced pens with their name. Nib: Osmia 3 14k 585.

Right

PBF 13 cm Clip says: Symetra

On barrel Symetra. Nib: Osmia 3 14k 585. I was told a sub brand from Osmia.

#23 Parcival

Parcival

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2012 - 17:09

Beautiful blue pens. I will look around for them. :happyberet:

#24 Kaweco

Kaweco

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 21:22

Hello Azuninga
Very nice collection. Most exciting is the Böhler- Osmia. It is from the very old times possibly 1921 and carries the "Cross" cap top, which transformed during the years to a Diamond- shape cap top, The name of the firm was Böhler & Cie, the trademark was OSMIA since they used Osmium for their nib tips. The founders were Georg and Hermann Böhler et al. In the middle of the 30th Hermann Böhler founded his own factory. The "Extra" is also a nice Patent from 1931.
Does the "Adler" carry a diamond cap top? It really looks like an Osmia and it could be that Böhler produced the fp for Adler. Adler did not produce, it was only a fountainpen shop in Berlin.
Kind Regards
Thomas

Edited by Kaweco, 08 January 2012 - 21:27.

#25 Azuniga

Azuniga

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2012 - 00:19

Hello Azuninga
Very nice collection. Most exciting is the Böhler- Osmia. It is from the very old times possibly 1921 and carries the "Cross" cap top, which transformed during the years to a Diamond- shape cap top, The name of the firm was Böhler & Cie, the trademark was OSMIA since they used Osmium for their nib tips. The founders were Georg and Hermann Böhler et al. In the middle of the 30th Hermann Böhler founded his own factory. The "Extra" is also a nice Patent from 1931.
Does the "Adler" carry a diamond cap top? It really looks like an Osmia and it could be that Böhler produced the fp for Adler. Adler did not produce, it was only a fountainpen shop in Berlin.
Kind Regards
Thomas

Thomas
Yes the Böhler has a "Cross" cap top, i have two other smaller ones.
I always thought Adler was a shop or a company who did not manufacture pens but had them named after them, and this particular Adler does not have a diamond cap top (I would love it) Thanks for the information.
In fact besides the quality of those pens, which are really good to write with and strong (I always try the pens I buy for several weeks and most of the time it is hard to leave them for others), I really love their symbols, The MB star, the Osmia diamond, The Astoria two triangles that looks like a fan turning, the Merkurit three dots and so on...
Thanks again, regards..

#26 Parcival

Parcival

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:27

Azuniga, where in Mexico you find them these pens?!?!
I can't find anything interesting. :gaah:

Has anyone seen Osmia 78 or other large Osmia pen, ending on 8?

Edited by Parcival, 09 January 2012 - 12:12.

#27 Kaweco

Kaweco

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:24

Hi Azuninga, I found the link to Adler:
http://i844.photobuc...asnr/Adler3.jpg
The Symetra IMHO is not an Osmia/ Böhler product.
And here: the Osmia Extra mechanics:
http://i844.photobuc...nr/RIMG2110.jpg
Kind Regards
Thomas

Edited by Kaweco, 09 January 2012 - 12:32.

#28 Azuniga

Azuniga

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2012 - 15:19

Parcival,

I should say I did not find them in Mexico. Mainly in Germany or through German friends... Try Hamburg or Nuremberg Pen shows, you will find them...

Thomas,

The Osmia mechanics will be very, very useful, many thanks for it...

Regards

#29 Parcival

Parcival

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2012 - 19:16

Parker - Osmia /Parker Duofold/, Jr size. Unfortunately there is little crack of the cap lip. I do not know whether to replace it with another cap - by USA Parker Duofold, or to give such a repair. :unsure:

Attached Images

• KGrHqVhUE7VtkMqTBO-eqiMQw60_12.JPG

#30 konis

konis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 20:01

Osmia 448 :notworthy1:
I have Osmia 446. Nice pen :wub:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
regards

#31 markiv

markiv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:57

Azuninga, you have a very nice collection of Osmia pens. I am sure it must have taken a while to collect them.

KaWeCo, thank you for sharing your immense knowledge with us. I really appreciate the education as us folks on this side of the pond are not well informed. Case in point - I saw a Osmia Extra on Osman's table at the Chicago pen show. It was grouped amongst some of the rarer MBs. Here I was thinking why such a plain looking Osmia, other than being a very early model, was displayed with this more desirable group. Reading your post above I have come to realize its importance.

Since we are talking Osmia here is another rare pen which is not mine. A Progress from Great Britain.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Parcival

Parcival

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2012 - 20:30

Osmia A.W. Faber Castell 33 - grey striated, lever filler.

Attached Images

• 549348_437918946221912_100000114312609_1795176_174974960_n.jpg

#33 alfredop

alfredop

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:32

Here there is my Osmia 48:

SAM_0554_zpso5h7o1vs.jpg