• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wilf

• carlc

• Freddy

• Jdtravis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps yours is a prototype and never had the o rings.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 1 year later...

I'm looking to buy a McLaren M900 Carbon Fiber fountain pen with paperwork and tube (if possible). Willing to pay a premium. If anyone is interested in selling theirs, or knows a better place to find one, I would greatly appreciate a response!

Hi. I've just signed up here, primarily to find out more information on the McLaren carbon fibre pen.I would love to know the current value as I bought it new from "Team McLaren" (the supporters organization for the formula one team) around 15 years ago. Sadly I don't have proof of purchase but the instruction leaflet is still in the carbon fibre tube case.It has never been used, mainly because it seemed to "skate" although I now believe this was maybe to do with incompatibility to Quink ink.I would describe the condition as immaculate/as new.I do know for certain that few people seem to know anything at all about these rare pens as this is the only website where I have found any reference to these pens.

• 4 months later...

Hello chaps,

I have a Mclaren MFP700 (I think) with a broken converter pump. i s there any way to find a replacement? I remember seeing that there are cartridges that will work on these lovely pens but can't seem to find the info anymore. Many thanks.

• 1 year later...

A couple of years after this topic started......

I recently placed a very low bid on this McLaren pencil on an online auction. Imagine my surprise when I received a message that I was the winner.

Can anybody help me identify this McLaren? I have no box and no papers, nothing.

Thanks for the assistance

Bram

post-109811-0-61696000-1513686297_thumb.jpg

Edited by brahe

I have a vague memory that there was an article about McLaren in PenWorld years ago.

Hi Gary,

Thx for the info. I really appreciate your help.

I did find this article and also several in other magazines. They all mentioned the www.mclaren-pens.com website. However, this does not exist anymore.

I contacted McLaren and they could not help me either.

Pffff. I'm starting to run out of options here.

Bram

• 1 year later...

I was going through a box of "unknown" pens and what do you think that I found. A McLaren MFP-900! And it's all here (outer tube, CF tube, orings in the grooves, and paperwork) and has not been inked! One sold on eBay last year for $1500. I think that I'll put it up on the MPC website as a silent auction with all proceeds going to the Club.