The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pelikan Souverän M600

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 leod

leod

Inksane

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:26

nice pictures and good review
what year did Pelikan have a pouch? mine never came with it.

Edited by leod, 19 January 2012 - 03:27.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

Sponsored Content

#22 bwDraco

bwDraco

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 17:16

nice pictures and good review
what year did Pelikan have a pouch? mine never came with it.

I am aware that Pelikan drastically revamped its presentation of its fine writing instruments, including the launch of Edelstein ink, a new site for fine writing instruments (at http://www.pelikan.com/exclusive), a new metal logo, and new packaging (including the pouch), during the second half or fourth quarter of 2010. I do not know much more about this change.

--DragonLord
Pelikan Toledo M700, black with gold trim, OM nib, currently empty
Pelikan Souverän M600, black-green, F nib, Pelikan Edelstein Onyx
Pilot Prera, demonstrator with green trim, F nib, Sheaffer Skrip Jet Black
Pilot MR, Retro Pop green, F nib, Sheaffer Skrip Jet Black

#23 ChuckR9

ChuckR9

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 18:41

I have not purchased a new Pelikan for quite some time, but the older nibs were always a little broader than other manufacturers (e.g., A Pelikan Fine would be close to a Montblanc Medium). This agrees with your review of the new M600.

My M600 has been in use for many years and I find they just keep filling and functioning without problems.
Chuck

#24 Skeet

Skeet

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:08

That's a beautiful Peli and a big step up from the 200. Love the new gold embossed logo. Great review.

Edited by Skeet, 21 January 2012 - 06:12.

IF YOU FREE YOUR MIND...YOUR PEN WILL FOLLOW
PhotobucketPhotobucket

#25 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,767 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 20:01

Among other Pelikans I have a nice 605.

For my twist out nibbed piston pens, I use either and or a rubber ear syringe (also the nib) or a needle syringe.

It takes but seconds to take off the nib, a half a minute to clean the pen, and a not more than two water fills to make sure the nib is also clean.

The normal shake into the paper towel like an old fashioned thermometer and I'm good to go.

Two-three minutes total with out stressing the piston by running it up and down a lot of times to get everything out.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 24 January 2012 - 20:01.

Everyone says poor Mozart dead at only 36. None say poor Mendelson, dead at only 38. His family only allowed him to start at 20, but before, musicians use to come to the Mendelson garden to steal the music of Mendelson and his sister. A good artist also, can still buy prints of his famous Scottish drawings in Scotland.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pens/inks/paper on hold for a year....new addiction pocket watch chains. :happyberet:

Sponsored Content

|