Carbon Dream

Granzon

Today after I just received my new FP, I realized something.

A while ago I made a thread about purchasing ST Dupont - Defi

in carbon fiber finish, which I did purchased and been very satisfied with it.

A couple weeks ago I also made a thread on which next fountain pen I should buy.

It was either Pelikan - Fire, or ST Dupont - Olympio and Platinum 90th anniversary.

So I chose the second 2 FP choice instead of 1 Pelikan - Fire FP.

So Today the Platinum 90th anniversary arrived. The pen is very light and feels very durable due to the carbon fiber finish. In comparison to Platinum, the Defi is a bit heavier due to the palladium metal, but not overly heavy nor feathery light, just the perfect weight for everyone.

The nib for both pen is very smooth. The Defi nib is steel while the Platinum is 18k. The only difference is that the Platinum pumps out slightly more ink than the Defi. Line width is almost the same as expected since Dupont fine is equivalent to Platinum medium.

Overall I am very satisfied with these 2 FPs. I think I will start collecting FP with carbon fiber finish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Blurr85/20111110_001100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Blurr85/20111110_001036.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Blurr85/20111110_001942.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Blurr85/20111110_001958.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Granzon

• fabrimedeiros

• Mango

• phrenzy

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful, I started down this road and let me tell you, a high carbon fiber diet is not for the faint of heart! For me it was my race boats. Started with various small parts, then sails, then custom parts, then the whole boat, then a custom carbon fiber boat...

It is addicting. But oh so pretty! Amazing what a bunch of nylon fabric can be turned into. A true engineering miracle material.

Titanium has been known to have a similar effect on people.

Very nice pens, btw.

-Xander

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/fast14riot/2011-11-05000128.jpg http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.png

Carbon fiber would make an interesting and attractive collection. I am drawn to these as well, though I haven't purchased any yet.

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

Be careful, I started down this road and let me tell you, a high carbon fiber diet is not for the faint of heart! For me it was my race boats. Started with various small parts, then sails, then custom parts, then the whole boat, then a custom carbon fiber boat...

It is addicting. But oh so pretty! Amazing what a bunch of nylon fabric can be turned into. A true engineering miracle material.

Titanium has been known to have a similar effect on people.

Very nice pens, btw.

-Xander

Everybody needs at least a little bit of carbon in their life right.

Not to be confused with the Visconti Carbon Dream skeleton - which will make a very appropriate companion to those two beautiful pens. Congrats and enjoy them :thumbup:

Not to be confused with the Visconti Carbon Dream skeleton - which will make a very appropriate companion to those two beautiful pens. Congrats and enjoy them :thumbup:

That pen is v nice, but too bad its a little bit too expensive. Maybe next year. Ooo and lets not forget to add Montegrappa - Alfa Romeo to the carbon fiber list,

Here is a carbon pen i know thats not too expensive: Kaweco carbon

I recently ordered a monteverde invincia in carbon, something tells me it won't be quite as nice as those though!

WTB: the following GvF-C classic FPs (pref. B or OB nib) or rollerballs: platinum plated, gold plated, solid sterling silver, ebony anello and gold anello, PM me!

(also interested in most other GvF-C products in general, i.e any writing tools, leather goods, advertising/packaging)

photo-77650.jpg?__rand=0.32259700+1322887954