Montblanc...worth The Money?

humsin

My reasons why I never purchased a MB:

1.) I don't like cigar shapes

Hardly any of my pens are cigar shaped

2.) I'm not addicted to any patrons, writers or who ever. I care about them but not on my pen!

I'm not interested in having a pen which shows the birth place of a writer.

Nor do I. I like the pens for what they are. They look good, the feel good in the hand and I can't fault the nibs

3.) I don't want to have what the mass has.

Nor do I. I don't think the masses have MB due to the higher prices. More will have the cheaper makes, for example in the UK the entry level Parker's will be far more popular than MB pens.

And the WE and POA pens you mention are limited editions, although not "that" limited it does mean the masses do not have them.

4.) I'm not intersted in prestige or to show what I have or got.

Nor do I. I think people give MB too much credit. Most people have never heard of MB. No one has a clue how much my pens cost and I like that.

I only want a pen which suits my style

So do I. I'd love to know what you like. It is not expensive, it is not a limited edition yet the masses do not own it. It must be either vintage or some sort of absure chinese pen.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• FarmBoy

• lsmith42

• andybiotic

I keep saying....Montblanc has nothing to do with any of this. They are an innocent victim being forced to manufacture, price, and sell what Dunhill and Richemont orders them to.

I would like the thread title changed to "Dunhill...worth the money?"

Come on...where's that OP when you need them?

So the British Invasion had nothing to do with the electric guitars?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I keep saying....Montblanc has nothing to do with any of this. They are an innocent victim being forced to manufacture, price, and sell what Dunhill and Richemont orders them to.

Are you saying that the Beatles used Dunhill pens? **Holding two forks poised in front of eyeballs ready to poke if wrong answer is given**

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Are you saying that the Beatles used Dunhill pens? **Holding two forks poised in front of eyeballs ready to poke if wrong answer is given**

Wasn't that a Scorpions album cover?

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

With a pen of Precious Resin I should be able to rewrite history, right?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

With a pen of Precious Resin I should be able to rewrite history, right?

Ohh......ahhhhh.....you saved my eyes and allowed me to see.

I still can't get over that Dunhill is the real villain. Montblanc is an innocent victim.

Standard Dunhills are a lot cheaper than standard Montblancs...

btw, what's this "precious black resin stuff"??? is it just plastic?

The pen I write with, is the pen I use to sign my name.

I still can't get over that Dunhill is the real villain. Montblanc is an innocent victim.

Standard Dunhills are a lot cheaper than standard Montblancs...

btw, what's this "precious black resin stuff"??? is it just plastic?

Now, if you're asking THAT question in all seriousness without having first exercised that little search button, you will have to endure a flogging with a dead armadillo until you can spell "search" forwards and backwards.

:glare:

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Standard Dunhills are a lot cheaper than standard Montblancs.

It doesn't matter. Whatever you think about Montblanc or pricing -- it is all being orchestrated and manipulated by Dunhill who owns them. Dunhill is the villain here. The title of the thread needs to be changed.

The entire world's supply of Precious Black Resin comes from a single mine under the Masonic Temple in Monrovia, Liberia. Dunhill owns the land and grants a long term lease to the Masons who in turn control the mining and distribution of the Precious Black Resin from the unique bituminous deposits.

It doesn't matter. Whatever you think about Montblanc or pricing -- it is all being orchestrated and manipulated by Dunhill who owns them. Dunhill is the villain here. The title of the thread needs to be changed.

The entire world's supply of Precious Black Resin comes from a single mine under the Masonic Temple in Monrovia, Liberia. Dunhill owns the land and grants a long term lease to the Masons who in turn control the mining and distribution of the Precious Black Resin from the unique bituminous deposits.

Your data is not quite up to date. A rich vein of Precious Resin (I'm told in both black and white) was recently discovered in Boslovia. The exact location has not been disclosed for obvious reasons.

Wouldn't buy one for two reasons: 1. artificially overpriced to the extreme and 2. bad customer service -- my granddad gave me his MB35 and I was quite fond of it. Unfortunately after a few years the piston knob snapped and I sent it in via a dealer. Got it back after six weeks (I was living in Hamburg at that time, where the service center is located !) with a note that said "Sorry, we don't touch these anymore. Feel free to buy a current one." Got me rather peeved off.

Your data is not quite up to date. A rich vein of Precious Resin (I'm told in both black and white) was recently discovered in Boslovia. The exact location has not been disclosed for obvious reasons.

After further thorough spectroscopic examination, the sample was found to be composed of Pterodactyl droppings. Thus, getting a good sample with the correctly positioned splat is where the major costs lie.

He's just a naughty boy! :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by SJH

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/zerosignal/662814-simpsons_homer_eating_popcorn_large.jpg

That's really quite good!

Very funny.

:thumbup: :roflmho: :thumbup:

My gosh! Grendel has weighed in on this thread! Can Beowulf be far behind?

(And just to make a small point, my MB is not bitumin, it is Bordeaux! How do you explain that? )

"... for even though the multitude may be utterly deceived, subsequently it usually hates those who have led it to do anything improper." Aristotle, Athenian Constitution, XXVIII:3 Loeb Edition

I must say, after some recent experiences with other European manufacturers, I sometimes think MB is worth the money for their QC alone...

Too many pens; too little writing.

Whenever/where ever you read "Montblanc"just mentally insert "Montblanc Product Line" and keep going. It will be OK.

STOP THE PRESSES! (I always wanted to say that.)

This gets more complicated, resin now costs more.

We need to start over from the beginning.

FB

OK, time to move along now, folks :thumbup:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif