The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Brief review of Senator Venecia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kot

Kot

Made in USSR

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 18:06

Senator Venecia

Price: ~35$ (1007 rubles)

Build: 4/5
Very heavy varnished metal, with attached cap hand geting tired very fast, it is too overweighted.

Comfort: 3/5
Pen is varnished, sometimes fingers sliding off it.

Nib: 1/5 (after fixing it 3/5)
From the beginning pen was very scratchy, skips and starts to write after me. It's disappointed me and I fogot about for a month or so. Attempts to find something about FP problems in russian part of internet were without and results, but in Google I easily found сlause "Smoothing scratchy nibs" and tried a method of polishing paper (Micromesh). Results were wonderful! Now my handwriting with it become much smoother, it starts to write almost without a problems and skips. But I think it's still a bit scratchy.

Attached Images

• fp.jpg

Edited by Kot, 03 December 2006 - 18:11.

Sponsored Content

#2 lefty928

lefty928

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 23:52

Thank you for the review of a pen new to me! It's great that you were able to persevere and improve the smoothness of the nib.
Posted Image

#3 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:55

That's great how you discovered Micromesh to help you smooth your pen's nib! BRAVO!! biggrin.gif

Thank you also for the review. I've been here two years and I've only done one review, but you've done one on the same day you joined, so thanks again smile.gif

P.S.
Any idea what your second fountain pen purchase might be?
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#4 Abhik

Abhik

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:14

Congratulation Kot, nice review of a relatively unknown pen.
I am just curious. Is it possible to provide some more information about nib material, feed, filling mechanism, availability, clip, some more photos and AVAILABILITY!!

Lokking forward.

#5 Kot

Kot

Made in USSR

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:10

More information about pen you can find here:
http://www.senator-c...uktwelt=classic
It is official Senator pen site.
More photos will be available soon.

#6 Yuri

Yuri

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 19:24

Kot,

I would like to thank for good review about Senator pen. I have two older Senators (Windsor and Regent) which I like and sure curious about modern fountain pen from that company. Besides it is a pleasure to see the review written in Russian.

Good luck in your pen journey.

#7 Steve Heisler

Steve Heisler

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 22:40

I also have a Senator Windsor and Regent, both of which are outstanding!

Sponsored Content

|