Vintage Kaweco Sport

christof

I finally found the time to photograph my Kaweco Sports. I am not a Kaweco collector but I have a weak spot for pocket pens. So I just love all variants of vintage Kaweco Sport. …perhaps this is the beginning of a collection...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6213/6285948971_bf7ae1c6a9_b.jpg

and here a Kaweco Sport wheel, just for fun!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6229/6285948979_cf39ea1c52_b.jpg

Edited by christof

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• ticoun

• Dolganoff

• daffie

Nice little collection beautifully photographed. I have the one with the hooded nib and just love it. Excellent pen.

Tell us, Christof, do the vintage Kawecos have much flex in the nib? And are there all variety of nib sizes available?

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Absolutely beautiful!

I envy you for your pens.

So where did you get them all?

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

i really like the one with the blue ink window and standard nib. they're piston fillers, right?

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

Thanks for all the kind words. There were some questions asked:

- All these pens are piston fillers.

- I got them from ebay and flea markets.

- Vintage Kaweco are famous for their great nibs. The older, the more flexible they are. The Kaweco Sport on the bottom of the picture is from about 1940 and has a great flexible steel nib. Writes very nice. I'd say the Kaweco nibs from 1930's are the bests. The best Kaweco nib I ever have seen (and written with) was this one on a Kaweco Kadett from 1930's:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/5880296624_561b7c4b34_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5227/5880296726_03e51b436c_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/5880296502_e398e0ba22_b.jpg

Smooth and flexible OM nib. Just a pleasure to write with. I am not a Kaweco collector and can't keep every nice writing pen, so this one has been sold a couple of weeks ago...

Edited by christof

Thanks for the pictures! I didn´t know this brand ( I don´t know a lot about a lot of things that have to do with pens...), now I will do some research learn more about the Kaweko sport pens. They are somewhat shorter and easy to carry, if I am not wrong.

Thanks for the pictures! I didn´t know this brand ( I don´t know a lot about a lot of things that have to do with pens...), now I will do some research learn more about the Kaweko sport pens. They are somewhat shorter and easy to carry, if I am not wrong.

you're right, the sport is a pocket pen. it has a short barrel and long cap. like that, it's short when capped, and long when posted. the new ones are cartridge fillers, but the older ones like those christof posted are piston fillers and hold a good amount of ink.

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

I've surveyed one ebay listing few days ago (semihooded pen and pencil set in green leather case) but lost the bid to someone else :(

Hooded nibs are the best

In my opinion, the vintage Kaweco Sport is far better than the modern only for a reason: it's made with the awesome piston fill design! The new K. Sport pens use cartridges. :headsmack:

And I'm not saying anything about the nib, whose vintage pen also beats the modern.

Thanks for the photos! They're great!

• 7 years later...

very nice pens!

you are missing the V16

(or possibly your first one is a v16?! can't tell so well on the photo...mhm I think so, then the missing one is 21...)

fpn_1543365820__p1160504-3_kaweco_v16_ob

Edited by sansenri

Yes, I have seen green and burgundy ones.

C.

OK, thanks. I have a chocolate brown fountain pen and ballpoint set. I nwas surprised, I thought they only came in black.

Regards,

daffie