The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Boston Area Pen Get Together

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 dwattsjr

dwattsjr

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 16:36

Sorry I wasn't able to join everyone yesterday, as I was off to Stow all weekend photographing vintage motorcars.

As Jim indicated, I started a new thread - "Boston Pen People" - not long ago with the dates he and I had discussed through the end of this year. If the fourth Sunday every other month is a good schedule for the majority, I can extend it out through 2013. Most importantly, I also asked for suggestions for themes for upcoming meetings. There are two in the new thread for the August meeting.

Sponsored Content

#202 Miles R.

Miles R.

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 18:03

Sorry I wasn't able to join everyone yesterday, as I was off to Stow all weekend photographing vintage motorcars.

As Jim indicated, I started a new thread - "Boston Pen People" - not long ago with the dates he and I had discussed through the end of this year. If the fourth Sunday every other month is a good schedule for the majority, I can extend it out through 2013. Most importantly, I also asked for suggestions for themes for upcoming meetings. There are two in the new thread for the August meeting.

This is doubly confusing to me, as (1) I did not know that there was any other thread concerning Boston-area meetings (and I don't see what is gained by starting one at this point, apart from making it more difficult for interested parties to obtain needed information), and (2) the schedule that I proposed, and with which Sunday's meeting conformed, was for a meeting on the third Sunday of every other month, not the fourth.

Edited to add: Having found the other thread (here), I think it would be a good idea to get this thread locked, as it seems to me that it can only create confusion to have two threads for meetings of the same group.

Edited by Miles R., 18 June 2012 - 18:07.

#203 JonathanBarboza

JonathanBarboza

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:24

I can make the 3rd sunday in Aug, but not the 4th. Also, sorry if this thread caused confusion. I initially opened it so that I could find people in my area to have small get-togethers with. I didn't intend for this to interfere with anything the Boston Pen People club was doing.

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

Sponsored Content

|