Boston Area Pen Get Together

JonB55198

Hi FPN,

Recently, I read a post here about a Boston area pen meeting (original post: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/197737-boston-pen-people-meeting-12-june-2-pm-jam-n-java-in-arlington/page__p__2007420__fromsearch__1#entry2007420). Some of the FPN members and I discussed having another informal get together for show and tell. The place is TBD as I would like to host it at a good location that is convenient for most.

So, I was thinking a Sunday Afternoon, 11/6/2011 at 2:00PM might be a good time. We'd probably meet at a cafe somewhere so that we could just chat and enjoy some coffee while testing pens and discussing pens.

Thoughts? If you'd like to go, please post here or email me. Thanks.

-Jon

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonB55198

• Easterner

• Miles R.

• Osmaroid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi FPN,

Recently, I read a post here about a Boston area pen meeting (original post: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/197737-boston-pen-people-meeting-12-june-2-pm-jam-n-java-in-arlington/page__p__2007420__fromsearch__1#entry2007420). Some of the FPN members and I discussed having another informal get together for show and tell. The place is TBD as I would like to host it at a good location that is convenient for most.

So, I was thinking a Sunday Afternoon, 11/6/2011 at 2:00PM might be a good time. We'd probably meet at a cafe somewhere so that we could just chat and enjoy some coffee while testing pens and discussing pens.

Thoughts? If you'd like to go, please post here or email me. Thanks.

-Jon

This sounds fun. I'm not 100% sure I'll be in town, but I'll try to make it if I am.

[color="#483D8B"][i][font="Book Antiqua"]Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna, in die illa tremenda. [/color][/font][/I]

Cool,

I'm going to post more details as I find a place. Would people be ok with a place that is south of boston? Somewhere on RT24?

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

11/6/2011 is not good for me so I'll be looking forward to the next meeting. I hope everything goes well.

Cool,

I'm going to post more details as I find a place. Would people be ok with a place that is south of boston? Somewhere on RT24?

I'm all good with that.

[color="#483D8B"][i][font="Book Antiqua"]Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna, in die illa tremenda. [/color][/font][/I]

Cool,

I'm all good with that.

Cool.

Does everyone think it would be a good idea to have the meeting at a Panera in Brockton?

This is just my first idea. Are there other suggestions of what might work better?

November 6 actually is no good for me. I will still be at the Columbus show. But I will try to make the next one. Also JonB I will hook you up with the info when we have the next Boston Pen People meeting. They are always around the Boston, Cambridge, Somerville area, so a bit of a hike, but worth it.,

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Since my Pen Posse experience in San Francisco (it was so fun!!! thank you Pen Posse!), I have been very interested in meeting with pen people. I've been traveling pretty much non-stop for the last couple of months, but have been trying to consider possible locations inside New England to meet. I was hoping to select a location(s) that might be of interest to others who perhaps may not live in CT but a reasonable enough distance to participate (provided there was interest).

That being said, 2 hours to Boston is really not a long drive for me at all. I've been traveling on business quite heavily, logging in several hours on the road. In terms of relativity, 2 hours behind the wheel goes by pretty quick for me at this point. I would love to attend this meeting, even though I'm not from the Boston Area. Would that be OK? My travels will have concluded by then, and I'll be available.

That being said, I will still look to set up a pen meeting in Connecticut, and trying to stir up some interest in this area as well. Any input that anyone might have is welcomed!

Jon, I will be on the road for the next few weeks and will be checking into FPN sporadically. Would you mind keeping me posted via PM regarding meeting updates? At least that way, a notice will forward to my gmail box. I will be returning from 2 straight weeks on the road just prior to Nov 6.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to it!!

Hope you're having a great day!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

KP,

No problem. I will keep you updated. Also, when you setup a meeting in CT, I'd love to go. :)

-Jon

Panera Brockton works for me.

Anywhere more north, Braintree, Weymouth etc... would work for me as well. Though I am flexible anywhere along that axis.

11/6 would work for me but not the following weekend. 11/20 onwards is ok too.

Looking forward to meet people

MONTBLANC MEISTERSTÜCK Solitaire Carbon Classique (M), LAMY 2000 (EF), LAMY Safari Red (F), TWSBI 540 (EF), PILOT VP Matte (F), PARKER Sonnet Black CT (F), JINHAO Dragon Descendant (F)

Twitter @jlpham

KP,

No problem. I will keep you updated. Also, when you setup a meeting in CT, I'd love to go. :)

-Jon

Thank you, Jon! I will definitely keep you posted when something in CT comes together!

Best,

kp

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Ok so the details are:

Date: Sunday, 11/6

Time: 2:00PM to Whenever

Place: Panera, 1301 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA

There won't really be a formal agenda. I'll arrive a little early to stake out a table and get it reserved for us. I'm going to probably bring a case full of pens, some paper, and some inks. I'll bring some vials in case anyone wants to trade inks. :) If you are definitely in, please PM me so that I can get a head count. Thanks

Sounds like fun! I am new to fountain pen network, but have long been a lover of fountain pens. Brockton is far for me from Arlington. I'm a wimp about traveling. So I am not a definite attendee, but a probable one.

Currently in my collection: Rotring ArtPen, Platinum Preppy Pink, Kaweco Sport, TWSBI Diamond 540 ROC100

The ideal I am after is: gold nib, good body, but only around $100 US.

Sounds like fun! I am new to fountain pen network, but have long been a lover of fountain pens. Brockton is far for me from Arlington. I'm a wimp about traveling. So I am not a definite attendee, but a probable one.

Ok Sounds cool! If you can make it, it will be great to meet you :)

By the way, does anyone know how I should make it easy to find me and the group within Panera? Also, I'm going to bring some "hello my name is" name tags.

Just a reminder to everyone that this sunday afternoon is our get together in Brockton, MA. Details are in a post above :)

Thanks to everyone that came and made this a fun first event for me. I really did have a blast looking at all of your pens, trying your inks, and discussing pens. I'd like to do it again really soon! :) Any ideas to make the next one even better?

Thank you Jon for putting this together, and thanks to everyone who showed up. It was great to meet everyone today. The pens were remarkable, the ink was incredible, and the conversation was superb. Pen people really are the best! I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Bill

If it wan't for the last second, nothing would be accomplished.

I feel the same. Thank you Jon for organizing and thanks everyone for showing up.

What a friendly bunch. I am so looking forward to meet again, learn, and exchange more knowledge... thumbup.gif

MONTBLANC MEISTERSTÜCK Solitaire Carbon Classique (M), LAMY 2000 (EF), LAMY Safari Red (F), TWSBI 540 (EF), PILOT VP Matte (F), PARKER Sonnet Black CT (F), JINHAO Dragon Descendant (F)

Twitter @jlpham

I completely agree. Jon, I had a great time. Thank you for putting the meeting together. I'm looking forward to the next one! smile.gif