Parker Penman Sapphire Ink...

Limenweim

you all are gonna be the death of me. (can't help the draw of the ebay listing lol I have a parker pen those cartridges should fit in :ltcapd: ) I may regret only ordering 20 :D

Edited by RvnHawk

Holly Canfield

<br>http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pnghttp://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php"]http://www.nerdtests.com/images/badge/nt2/ae54248277d63717.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Limenweim

• PJohnP

• OcalaFlGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't forget they fit Lamy pens too! I didn't bother transferring them to a bottle... not yet.

you all are gonna be the death of me. (can't help the draw of the ebay listing lol I have a parker pen those cartridges should fit in :ltcapd: ) I may regret only ordering 20 :D

One of my favoritest ink containers is the 1/2 oz Nalgene bottle. It's the perfect size for filling and makes a great travel vial. 10 of my older carts almost filled it. :thumbup:

For me, a smaller container makes sense here as I'd hate to fill a full bottle and have most of my carts get SitB 6 months later.

Bruce in Ocala, FL-just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Ok, so I got mine yesterday, and have been sitting here staring at them... so I took action!

They seem about 1/3 dried up so I took a 30 ml container and emptied the carts in until I had 20 ml in the container and then filled the remaining 10 mil with distilled water. I emptied the carts by snapping them into the section from a broken Parker 45 and then snipping the top off allowing an almost complete emptying of the ink.

Boy is this stuff blue! It doesn't quite wipe off the computer screen either.... :embarrassed_smile: and now my wife want's to know if I was cheating on her... With Smurfette... my fingers look like the rag I use to wipe up pen nibs!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Ok, so I got mine yesterday, and have been sitting here staring at them... so I took action!

They seem about 1/3 dried up so I took a 30 ml container and emptied the carts in until I had 20 ml in the container and then filled the remaining 10 mil with distilled water. I emptied the carts by snapping them into the section from a broken Parker 45 and then snipping the top off allowing an almost complete emptying of the ink.

Boy is this stuff blue! It doesn't quite wipe off the computer screen either.... :embarrassed_smile: and now my wife want's to know if I was cheating on her... With Smurfette... my fingers look like the rag I use to wipe up pen nibs!

Been there, done that, and tried a variety of clipping, pulling, twisting techniques that each eventually resulted in Smurf love spattering. The larger push pin piercing and syringe evacuation with 18-20G has been perfect with 300 of them so far.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

The 100 and 50 cart listings (I didn't check the 25 one) have been relisted for another 30 days or until all sold.

So at least as of today, there's still more of them.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I had a series of Ebay messages with Pokydady about why they continue to have what seems to be an endless supply after telling me a month ago that they only had 7,000 total.

They apologized, and understand people's concerns and now say that they just did an unverified estimate. They have now said as of today that they have between 4,000 and 5,000 left. This would indicate they had a total number of 16,000 to 18,000 cartridges. I don't know how these originally came, in terms of quantities per case, but the boxes from kphil in Greece had 12 packs of 5 (60 total), and fits in 2.25" x 3" x 3.25" box

If you plug those measurements into a cubic foot calculator, 80 boxes of 60 (480 cartridges) makes up a cubic foot.

Their 17,000 cartridges divided by 480 cartridges/cubic foot = 35 cubic feet A typical truck semi-trailer holds 4,000 cubic feet (12.5 x 8 x 40 feet), so this seemingly endless supply of cartridges in practical terms is less than 1 percent of the semi-trailer's volume.

And Pokydady does not have the wasted space with the boxes, so their size is even smaller.

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.