Parker Penman Sapphire Ink...

Limenweim

OK, so they really are genuine! But what pen comes with a cartridge of PPS?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Limenweim

• PJohnP

• OcalaFlGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so they really are genuine! But what pen comes with a cartridge of PPS?

Duofolds came with 2 cartridges per pen. I bought one Duofold Cent in 1994 and one in 2002 I think, both came with 2 cartridges of Sapphire Blue (Duofold's box had 2 specially designed places for these, under the pen, where the guarantee booklet was).

Aris

Edited by Korybas
fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

I really think this may be an unrepeatable deal...I have taken Sam's advice to heart and purchased a decent quantity of these (300) as I love the ink. If you are a fan I would also recommend getting some now as there may not be many chances in the future!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Thanks for this post, I've always wanted to try this ink and just got myself 15 cartridges. :thumbup:

Just wondering how to use the ink- can I add water directly to the cartridge and insert it into a pen, or do I have to do the mixing in another jar?

Yes, as I mentioned before, it's quite possible to add water directly to the cartridge with pipette or syringe. The cartridges fit Parker or Lamy cartridge pens.

[current Quink cartridges don't fit Lamys as well as these Penman ones do. The Quink ones tend to get stuck in the bottom of the Lamy pen barrel].

Thanks for that- I used a syringe to top off my cartridges and put them into my Parker 45. I adore the colour and may have to buy a few more packs while they're still available :)

After I removed ink and put into vials, I would intentionally under hydrate it by about 15-20% less water because it gives a much richer blue, and I don't notice any flow or clogging issues. I have had a Duofold filled and used every day for almost a year straight. Just keep adding to the cartridge.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

The listing has ended.

I came across this thread yesterday, linked from the Penman thread in the Inky Thoughts subforum. I wasn’t sure if I really needed a supply of partially dehydrated cartridges of an ink that was pulled from the market for clogging pens. But, I added it to my ebay watch list anyway; it is a hard to find ink at a reasonable price. And, it seems to have a dedicated following here at FPN.

I thought I’d mull it over for a few days. But then, I noticed that the listing would end overnight. Why doesn’t ebay show the ending time prominently within the listing itself for BIN items? So, I made an impulse buy of 50 cartridges. I figure it’s a pretty good price by volume – even if I don’t re-hydrate it back to 100%. I’m looking forward to trying this ink.

You FPN’ers are a bunch of enablers, and generally a bad influence. :P

Anyway, there are still more of these cartridges on ebay. They are listed in GBP under a different user ID, but it looks like the same outfit.

Link.

Heh. I just got back from 650 miles of driving to find the second order that I placed waiting at the office, once again with some lovely stamps. The order was placed one week ago. One simply cannot fault the extraordinary quality of shipping (let alone the luscious ink...).

Bad influence ? Us ? Heaven forfend that we would enable such awful behaviours !!! B)

John P.

650 miles ??? Where in God's name do you live? I wouldn't drive 650 miles to get ink if it was the last bottle on earth, and I love ink.

I think we blew Stella away buying all this.

The listing has ended.

I came across this thread yesterday, linked from the Penman thread in the Inky Thoughts subforum. I wasn’t sure if I really needed a supply of partially dehydrated cartridges of an ink that was pulled from the market for clogging pens. But, I added it to my ebay watch list anyway; it is a hard to find ink at a reasonable price. And, it seems to have a dedicated following here at FPN.

I thought I’d mull it over for a few days. But then, I noticed that the listing would end overnight. Why doesn’t ebay show the ending time prominently within the listing itself for BIN items? So, I made an impulse buy of 50 cartridges. I figure it’s a pretty good price by volume – even if I don’t re-hydrate it back to 100%. I’m looking forward to trying this ink.

Anyway, there are still more of these cartridges on ebay. They are listed in GBP under a different user ID, but it looks like the same outfit.

Link.

Hm, I was wondering whether I should get another batch of 100 cartridges, looks like it is no longer available. At least it prevents me from buying more =X

650 miles ??? Where in God's name do you live? I wouldn't drive 650 miles to get ink if it was the last bottle on earth, and I love ink.

I think we blew Stella away buying all this.

Sam :

Heh. I should have been more clear in my posting. I drove back to home from an assignment over in Texas, which is, as you know, one big state. I didn't come back for the ink specifically, but it was a nice coda to a longish drive, and now I have freshly washed clean clothes at hand tonight. I have to head out somewhere else tomorrow, but flying there.

Stella should consider giving an "FPN discount", or perhaps just put a Classified up here... :roflmho:

John P.

I'm still using it in a post-war Parker "51" Vac with a Blue Cedar barrel, Penman Sapphire seems a perfect match.

I just use an 18 gauge blunt needle end to punch open the cart end, shoot some filtered water into the cart to fill & give a good shake.

The P"51" fits into the 2-Dram glass vials I decant the ink into, it's the only FP I can direct-fill right from the vials down to the last drops.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

Here was Stella's first answer when I asked about how they now appear to have more than the 7,000 she told me they had earlier. They sold 70 x 100units in that original thread alone, plus the thread with quantities of 50 & 20.

When we told you we have 7000, there are around 7000 in our stock only.

We don't have much of them now, if you found that the items ended in the near future, it means that we sold all of them already.

We are not able to get more of them anymore, we just selling the stock of us.

Best regards,

Stella

-pokydady

I wrote back yesterday, giving her these new specific new Ebay sales listings which imply there are at least 1,500 more. Have not heard back yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice blue color.

"Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune."

Plato (Greek philosopher 428-348 B.C.)

Chuckle. I'm a bit bemused with how the thread has progressed over time with initial euphoria on findng a new supply of PPS, slight paranoia that it might not be PPS, recovery and relief that things look good, and then a relapse into feelings of anxiety. I'm looking forward to the next bout of euphoria...

Looking at this objectively, the entire supply of Parker Penman Sapphire cartridges being sold by "Pokydady" could be placed into two or three cardboard cartons, dropped into the backseat of a compact car, and driven away with ease. One must consider that this isn't exactly a massive supply. One might think that some counterfeiter would make this kind of effort on a larger scale or with a higher profit margin item, not spending so much effort on fountain pen ink cartridges.

I've been using the PPS supply with éclat and elan of late, secure in the idea that I can enjoy it without quickly running short after purchasing the carts from Hong Kong. The cartridges came more rapidly than packages sent domestically in the USA, well packaged, with some lovely stamps. The ink is luscious and rich in feel, flowing onto paper with a smooth line of superb colour. For me - and this is obviously a highly personal observation - I simply can't find a single thing wrong with the transaction and the ink.

I guess that I'm the euphoric one... :hmm1:

John P.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks, and the only thing that is preventing it from becoming my favourite ink is the fact that it is not waterproof. I guess I became paranoid after a friend of mine accidentally spilled water over my lecture notes...

Thank goodness I stopped by here - my favourite ink, just bought 2 lots of 100 carts.

Real or not that writing sample from dcwaites convinced me.

I've been looking for some sapphire for quite a while now. As always - thanks FPN :)

Real or not, it's lovely. Very nice ink. Also looks good in my new Twsby bottle.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11