The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Hemisphere F And M Review

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: As this is my first review (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this review reasonable?

1. Yes (28 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bekki2308

bekki2308

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 17:44

This is my handwritten review of the Waterman Hemisphere pen in both M and F

I wrote this laid in bed at midnight last night - its a bit like a chicken scratch!

The review is in the PDF , the scanner wouldnt scan the paper properly to jpg
Photos:
Posted Imageshows medium nib with waterman converter, the fine nib is in the pen
Posted Image nibs!

Attached Files

Edited by bekki2308, 03 October 2011 - 17:46.

Esterbrook J, TWSBI Diamond 580 (lost it somewhere :-() and some random other pens

Sponsored Content

#2 writebyhand

writebyhand

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:58

Great review! I feel as you do about the visual appearance of the pen.

#3 jacanivel

jacanivel

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:42

This is my handwritten review of the Waterman Hemisphere pen in both M and F

I wrote this laid in bed at midnight last night - its a bit like a chicken scratch!

The review is in the PDF , the scanner wouldnt scan the paper properly to jpg
Photos:
Posted Imageshows medium nib with waterman converter, the fine nib is in the pen
Posted Image nibs!

Very nice review and I agree with it wholeheartedly. I have it in blue. Simple yet beautiful and writes smoothly. Too bad my pen didn't come with a converter

Cheers!

#4 jonwat

jonwat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:24

Hi.
My Hemisphere cost me a little more (£23 for a metallic Cognac finish). I love the fine nib! I was thinking of buying another Hemisphere in blue with a medium nib. After reading your review, I may stick with fine nibs instead!
John

#5 Mike 59

Mike 59

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:24

Just bought my first Waterman pen, got it much reduced price as it was just the pen, no cartridge, no converter & no box.
I have been used to Safari's, and Frontier's, and it certainly has a different feel to it.
It's heavier, for comparison, Safari=16g , Frontier=22g and Waterman Hemisphere=26g.
I have 'M' nibs in all pens, and I would say the Safari writes 'thinnest', and Frontier and Hemisphere are about the same.
In my judgement, the pen is slightly top heavy with the cap posted, but not a real problem.
It writes very smoothly with this nib, starts straight away, really hard to fault.
I did give it a flush through, several times, with 1 part ammonia, 3 water, then filled with the only bottled ink I have, Sheaffer Skrip black.
It's a pleasure to write with, the extra weight seems to add something, and have attached a photo of the 'output'.

#6 bunnybaby

bunnybaby

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2011 - 16:22

Just bought my first Waterman pen, got it much reduced price as it was just the pen, no cartridge, no converter & no box.
I have been used to Safari's, and Frontier's, and it certainly has a different feel to it.
It's heavier, for comparison, Safari=16g , Frontier=22g and Waterman Hemisphere=26g.
I have 'M' nibs in all pens, and I would say the Safari writes 'thinnest', and Frontier and Hemisphere are about the same.
In my judgement, the pen is slightly top heavy with the cap posted, but not a real problem.
It writes very smoothly with this nib, starts straight away, really hard to fault.
I did give it a flush through, several times, with 1 part ammonia, 3 water, then filled with the only bottled ink I have, Sheaffer Skrip black.
It's a pleasure to write with, the extra weight seems to add something, and have attached a photo of the 'output'.

OMG! Such a nice handwriting you have, such a gorgeous, mouth-watering, red FP!

#7 samnivi79

samnivi79

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2012 - 14:57

Thank you for a helpful review. You have done a thorough job . Thanks again

Sponsored Content

|