The Rare Ones

byrdmanojvk

Favorite, well, until late forties yes.... but there is Soennecken, Greif, an so on...

Gracias por el comentario...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• mase001

• fountainpende

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montblanc 4, Lever Filler, no clip, silver overlay. Closed 135 mm

Montblanc 4 14 Ct ( B) nib

Reproduced page 69 of the Jonathan Steinberg first book Fountain Pens, if not rare at least not very common to see one…

fpn_1548003862__mb4a.jpg

fpn_1548003887__mb4b.jpg

fpn_1548003925__mb4c.jpg

fpn_1548003955__mb4d.jpg

Mont Blanc 126 Silver Sterling 900 overlay, PKF 125 mm closed

4810 M 14 Ct ( B)

fpn_1548005297__mb126a.jpg

fpn_1548005559__mb126b.jpg

fpn_1548005584__mb126c.jpg

Great pen this, but it is so strange that they used plated pocket clips for the otherwise sold silver and solid gold pens of this type....

Great pen this, but it is so strange that they used plated pocket clips for the otherwise sold silver and solid gold pens of this type....

I agree with you, I always wondered about it. I believe the overlay was not done directly by MB but most probably commissioned by the pen owner at a certain point, and that can be seen in the arrangement of the cap overlay in relation to the clip. I have seen that more than once...

• 3 weeks later...

33973908728_4b4f174730_b.jpgreflex

Here's rather rare companion of Montblanc subbrands.Black pen is the first pen that MB made after WW2.Only about 1000 pieces were ordered as reparations by British army forces stationing in Hamburg in 1946-48.Marked "62", steel nib, poor plastic quality was the best Montblanc could do in those days.Red pen is Reflex, cheap push button made between 1929-34 but in very rare color.

I have waited so long for a platinum lined pen! This one is a push button 222 from the 1930s. CS-I rates it a 10 out of 12 in terms of rareness, implying it’s a “once in a blue moon” find, rarer than the 122 PL for example. I’ll do a detailed review on my website very soon.

fpn_1557968023__7698b461-e5f4-4828-9a2f-

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Beautiful pen and great addition to your collection. I have the 224 in PL.

Beautiful pen and great addition to your collection. I have the 224 in PL.

Lovely!

33973908728_4b4f174730_b.jpgreflex

Here's rather rare companion of Montblanc subbrands.Black pen is the first pen that MB made after WW2.Only about 1000 pieces were ordered as reparations by British army forces stationing in Hamburg in 1946-48.Marked "62", steel nib, poor plastic quality was the best Montblanc could do in those days.Red pen is Reflex, cheap push button made between 1929-34 but in very rare color.

Very cool pens! I was reading about the Victoria one recently. The red Reflex looks awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Four varieties of that true workhorse, the 234 1/2 - a standard version (I have not taken the time to determine the year of production), the luxury version (similar to the Meisterstuck models), a platinum (the blind cap appears to be an incorrect replacement) and a blue (somewhat different than the blue model pictured in Collectible Stars I).

Wow thats quite a collection! Congratulations. I have a 333 1/2 of the same marbled blue colour. Quite special.

Beautiful 234 1/2 pen collection mrp 100. I collect them as well. One of mine is always inked. I love the 4 1/2 nib.

Here's one I picked up from a guy in Germany - Montblanc #12 safety filler. I don't know too much about montblanc pens other than it is uncommon. Here's a photo next to a modern 149 where you can really see how large it is.

post-144512-0-60658100-1563249441_thumb.jpg

Well the #12 safety is indeed rare and valuable. It is worth taking time to learn more about it. You can see similar pens in the archive at www.penboard.de

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Zaddick is right, thats a special pen. You will also find some information about the No. 12 on my modest website below - there are three No. 12s of different kinds featured.

All the best, and congratulations!

I acquired my own #12 safety in the mid 1990s while living and working in Prague. Like Sanesan I was not familiar with the pen. But I knew as soon as I saw it that it was special and was ecstatic when I got home and looked it up in Jens Roesler's first book. I still have it today (pictured below next to a baby safety).

I acquired my own #12 safety in the mid 1990s while living and working in Prague. Like Sanesan I was not familiar with the pen. But I knew as soon as I saw it that it was special and was ecstatic when I got home and looked it up in Jens Roesler's first book. I still have it today (pictured below next to a baby safety).

Spectacular!

What a fantastic find. Treasures are indeed out there to be found.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• 2 weeks later...

These are beautiful and classic designs. My perpetual refrain on this forum: the modern MB is an epigone of the old company and (the majority) new offerings are simultaneously derivative, ostentatious and (largely) appeal as status totems. On the other hand, these vintage models are simply superb: I covet them all (but own far too few). Of course, that's simply my opinion.