The Rare Ones

byrdmanojvk

I have wanted one of these since the first time I saw it... Montblanc 146 Green Striated. This one has an EF nib. Have not inked it yet, perhaps later today.

fpn_1537621256__mb_146_green_striated_ef

A very nice pen, seems to be in excellent condition.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• mase001

• fountainpende

• siamackz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm with you on that one, Bill! I've wanted one for years, but so far they've all eluded me. What a fine example you've claimed. I'll look forward to seeing a writing sample if you'll oblige. Congratulations indeed!

• 1 month later...

This red star Rouge et Noir No. 1 safety is probably the only pen in my collection that I can label as reasonably rare. In this picture it sits beside a 1912 whose filling mechanism pays homage to the ReN and other safeties - separated by 100 years

fpn_1540918793__19d4a793-ae7e-47ab-8d1e-

Edited by siamackz

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

Very nice indeed.

I always love coming in and seeing this thread has a new post.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat rare? I love these 134 with wartime engraved capband. Has a minty and crisp steel nib, correct for 1943. Possibly the first time we see the triple capbands we know and love? Interesting format of engraving a date, too.

Got it from the great Osman Sumer at a very reasonable price.

That's a beauty, ChrisChen. Congratulations.

I love the engraved capbands - and the date on the barrel is a nice touch.

In my opinion, the steel nibs are amongst the best MB ever made. I only have a few of the lesser models, but the steel nibs see more ink than the gold nibs, these days.

Thanks for sharing.

I agree...love these steel nibs from MB. Palladium ones are even nicer.

Another rare one? Just a normal Danish 246 in black...but ever seen a MB nib this flexible? Definitely not over flexing it here...it really is that great!!

• 2 months later...

I agree...love these steel nibs from MB. Palladium ones are even nicer.

Another rare one? Just a normal Danish 246 in black...but ever seen a MB nib this flexible? Definitely not over flexing it here...it really is that great!!

What ink is that? it's beautiful. Reminds me of J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor, which is my go to ink for 'all' of my writing needs, even at work!

What nib is that? The results are stunning.

Montblanc 4, Lever Filler, no clip, silver overlay. Closed 135 mm

Montblanc 4 14 Ct ( B) nib

Reproduced page 69 of the Jonathan Steinberg first book Fountain Pens, if not rare at least not very common to see one…

fpn_1548003862__mb4a.jpg

fpn_1548003887__mb4b.jpg

fpn_1548003925__mb4c.jpg

fpn_1548003955__mb4d.jpg

Mont Blanc 126 Silver Sterling 900 overlay, PKF 125 mm closed

4810 M 14 Ct (B)

fpn_1548005297__mb126a.jpg

fpn_1548005559__mb126b.jpg

fpn_1548005584__mb126c.jpg

Edited by Azuniga

• 3 weeks later...

WOW......

I haven't been here in ages since "Life" took me on a rollercoaster ride. I decided to check on my favourite pen community today.

Lo and behold, my post is pinned thanks to the contributions of all the beautiful souls and pens in this lovely community.

It is certainly enthralling to see the lovely pictures of such marvellous gems and I am sure more enthusiasts are gonna keep us excited

with their hidden treasures. I am certainly gonna frequent here more often when I am looking for a Pen-ny for my thoughts!

A Thing of Beauty is Joy Forever...."Ode on a Grecian Urn" by John Keats

Somewhat rare? I love these 134 with wartime engraved capband. Has a minty and crisp steel nib, correct for 1943. Possibly the first time we see the triple capbands we know and love? Interesting format of engraving a date, too.

Got it from the great Osman Sumer at a very reasonable price.

That engraving makes it 3x cooler than a minty piece 👍

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

• 2 weeks later...

Mont Blanc 126 Silver Sterling 900 overlay, PKF 125 mm closed

4810 M 14 Ct ( B)

Wow. What a stunning pen!

Had no idea such pens existed.

This is one of my favourite threads! Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to win this lovely 1M size enamel overlay safety at auction a couple of weeks ago. The pen arrived today and is simply gorgeous. Needs a new seal, but otherwise works well.

I have these two pens I love very much, they both write smooth and nice. I do not know if they are more valuable but I guess they are kind of rare.

- MB 138 with a very special ring and clip in the cap

- MB L 40 with a double imprint which should be some kind of manufacturing accident

If I am wrong please correct me..

Regards, Ariel

What a nice pens paisano. Is Montblanc your favorite maker?? Saludos!

Javier