Wearever Pens

I have a fair number of Pennants, but some are languishing due to broken J-bars. Seems to be a weakness.

What do people do - buy a new J-bar that will cost as much as the pen did, or make their own? And if you do make one, how do you do it?

J Bars are not so expensive PD, try fountainpenmuseum.co.uk, from memory about 5 for £10, nice to have a pen back in working order

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• John T

• Mike

• Mardi13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My apologies for the poor quality photo, but can anyone identify this golden brown Wearever? I've not seen it shown online, nor have I seen a Wearever with this wide a cap band. The eBay seller believes it to be original to the pen. No barrel imprint, but it may have been polished off. Any assistance with the model and age is most appreciated.

post-113775-0-94720600-1438991578_thumb.jpg

Edited by GHigley

• 8 years later...

So I bought this for a dollar, well I bought an entire bag of pens for a dollar, it had a MB and this pen floating among a bunch of trash pens. Could you tell me more about what I have? BTW the sac was in good shape, after rinsing it out about 25 times it inked up and is now my daily desk pen. It only dried out one time so far and that's when I let it sit idle for over a week...

20231121_104354.jpg

20231121_104413.jpg

20231121_104454.jpg

20231121_104504.jpg

That's one lucky buy, @John T!

Now that I've found far worse pens, I wish I had kept my Wearever cartridge models.

PS: Yours has that overfeed.  They always write well.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

7 minutes ago, John T said:

I bought an entire bag of pens for a dollar, it had a MB and this pen floating among a bunch of trash pens

And I thought my "free accessory with $10 new-with-tags Tumi rolling brief bag" yard sale platinum Legrand was a good deal. 

4 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

That's one lucky buy, @John T!

Now that I've found far worse pens, I wish I had kept my Wearever cartridge models.

PS: Yours has that overfeed.  They always write well.

Any idea of what the actual model is? I may have cough cough bought a few pens in the last couple of years and am now trying to keep an index card with what each one is.... 

4 minutes ago, SLinkster said:

And I thought my "free accessory with $10 new-with-tags Tumi rolling brief bag" yard sale platinum Legrand was a good deal. 

I have had a lot of good luck at estate sales in my local area... Most of the agents have no idea what a gold mine they casually scoop out a desk drawer and throw all the pens in one or two zip lock baggies and price the entire thing simply to get rid of "Office Clutter"... Their loss, my gain...

3 hours ago, John T said:

Thank You very much.

You're welcome.  Come to think of it, I may still have one of those overfeed models, but in a different color.

@Sailor Kenshin -- Thanks for posting the link.  

I have a couple of Wearevers and don't know a lot about them (one I got for free when the vendor at a flea market told he "couldn't sell it") and that one I was able to partly track the name engraved on the barrel to a former jewelry store in Canonsburg, PA which more recently had been an antiques shop (but never got a chance to go down there and show them the pen (I thought they'd be amused) before it either went to online only or closed altogether during the pandemic).

Don't think any of the ones I have have the overfeed, though.... :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Interesting stories, Ruth!

I just checked.  My overfeed lever-filler EF Wearever is in light green, with a mostly metal cap, and a clear feed.