• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Brian C

• KrazyIvan

Thank You So Much Hari for the great story and pictures of yet another brand of Indian made fountain pens.

The Big pen is really big and the picture next to the 149 is spot on, a great way to show scale!

The addition of a new feed and nib really make the Big pen more proportioned, it's a splendid idea!

Thank You for sharing and please do post pictures of any new find.

I think it would also be interesting to see a picture of your collection of Indian pen,

Thank you for your kind comments as always.

Regards,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

not much fan of the nib which seems to be a shmidt nib, cheap nib of average quality

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

not much fan of the nib which seems to be a shmidt nib, cheap nib of average quality

Hi Georges, yes, it is indeed a cheap steel nib fitted to a cheap pen, nevertheless I like it. YMMV and thanks for stopping by. BTW, a Schmidt is an expensive and good steel nib.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hi,

are BOCK nibs available for individual sale. Please suggest from where it can be purchased?

Kareth, I have no idea if Bock will bother to sell individual nibs. I suggest that you start a new thread in writing instruments forum with this query.

Best

Hari

Hari, thanks.

i thought of finding a nib suitable for the huge black pen.

thanks for the suggestion.

Kareth, I have no idea if Bock will bother to sell individual nibs. I suggest that you start a new thread in writing instruments forum with this query.

Best

Hari

• 1 month later...

Update:

Extensive inner cap modifications were needed to accomodate the 40mm nib satisfactorily. Three iterations later, I have a satisfactory result to show you all. Sharing the pictures.

The brown one on the left is the original Big, the brown on the right is the result of the second iteration, the pen was technically satisfactory but the length of the pen was too much for me for daily use and carry. So I sent one more drawing to Kim &Co,, their penmaker did a nice job and finally the black pen with fully exposed length of the big nib and a nicely designed inner cap and 4 start barrel-cap threads(just 2 turns to get the cap off) was delivered to me yesterday :cloud9:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6260.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6261.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6263.jpg

Regards,

Hari

...and just think -- a once-a-year fill! Just tip the bottle right in...

beautiful pens, Hari.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

I really like the black one. The larger nib really works much better, asthetically speaking, with the body now. :)

I totally agree. The Black one sure looks better now.

In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I now have one of these. The larger style in brown with the larger nib. It is a very comfortable pen to write with. It's a fun pen.

• 6 months later...

Update:

Extensive inner cap modifications were needed to accomodate the 40mm nib satisfactorily. Three iterations later, I have a satisfactory result to show you all. Sharing the pictures.

The brown one on the left is the original Big, the brown on the right is the result of the second iteration, the pen was technically satisfactory but the length of the pen was too much for me for daily use and carry. So I sent one more drawing to Kim &Co,, their penmaker did a nice job and finally the black pen with fully exposed length of the big nib and a nicely designed inner cap and 4 start barrel-cap threads(just 2 turns to get the cap off) was delivered to me yesterday :cloud9:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6260.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6261.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Kim%20and%20Co/IMG_6263.jpg

Regards,

Hari

Hi Hari

please send contacts of Seller and price

Regards,

please send contacts of Seller and price

Their contact details are available here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/178387-indian-fountain-pens/page__view__findpost__p__2091965

You should contact them directly to enquire about availability and prices.

Dear Hari,

These feeds look well made, can you specify the dimensions or do you have a dimensional sketch ?

Thanks, Francis

I love 'em. But what really excites me are the feeds on them. The feeds look of good design. One of the best I've seen on an Indian ED pen for a long time. I assume it's ebonite :notworthy1:

I could not tell from your pics but what type of feed did you swap on the large pen? It's a shame you couldn't keep the original feed.

The original feeds are Ebonite. They are of a much smaller length than required to match the 40mm nib. I have used the following feed:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Nib%20and%20feed/IMG_2459.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/hari317/Nib%20and%20feed/IMG_2456.jpg

Best

Hari

• 2 months later...

I wrote a letter to Dr. B. Rafi today, asking if I can order from Finland and how much it would cost. I also gave him my email address if he wants to reply the "modern" way.

I asked if he can install an oversized nib on the pen. There is no chance I would find the parts in here. I note that nobody in this thread gave any order of price.

About the small Indian penmakers not having a website: Why doesn't anybody offer them one? There could be a public service or email-to-letter service even => print their customer's emails and deliver it by post, then collect their answers and send them back by email, etc. :)

Everything is impermanent.

Dear Francis,

These are approx 50mm in length and 6.35mm in diameter.

hari

Thanks a lot, Hari, for all these specifications and wonderful pictures you gave us :)

Edited by JeanManuel

Everything is impermanent.