Wahl-Eversharp Model Poll

Wahlnut

Which Wahl Eversharp Model Are you most interested in?  

558 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wahl Eversharp Model Are you most interested in?

• Tempoint Pens
    • BHR, RHR, MHR Pens
    • All-Metal Pens
    • Signature Pens
    • Early Plastic Pens
    • Gold Seal Flat Top Pens
    • Equi-poised Pens
    • Doric Pens
    • Bantam Pens
    • Coronet Pens
    • Pacemaker Pens
    • Skyline Pens
    • Fifth Avenue Pens
    • Symphoony Pens
    • Ventura Pens
    • Desk Pen Sets
    • Nibs
    • Wahl History
    • Other
    • Wahl-Oxford
    • The new Skyline models (1993 to present)
    • The New Oversized Pneumatic DECOBAND pens

I have discovered an old nos eversharp pencil called a slim jim. Model #23 DuBonnet. I am unable to make out exactly how it works...probably because I don't think it's all there...Any owners or wise men/women out there? Thank You, Michael

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wahlnut

• Johnny Appleseed

• Kelly G

• riskmaker007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have discovered an old nos eversharp pencil called a slim jim. Model #23 DuBonnet. I am unable to make out exactly how it works...probably because I don't think it's all there...Any owners or wise men/women out there? Thank You, Michael

Can you post a picture of that? The "Slim Jim" model I'm familiar with is a Skyline-styled ballpoint. Maybe that's what it is?

• 1 year later...

Lets see here... right now the Skyline is my favorite model, I own one and I love it. I also like Bantams and would sometime like to get a few more, right now I have a green marbled one. Someday I'm going to get my hands on a standard sized Doric, fingers crossed that I find one in the wild for cheap. I own one now, but it's one of the lower end pocket sized models and its cracked section makes it unusable unless you want inky fingers, I can't complain too much though because someone gave it to me.

I'd rather spend my money on pens instead of shoes and handbags.

>>> My Blog <<<

• 3 months later...

how 'bout the new skyline?

Sure, why not. I'll add it.

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

• 1 month later...

I love the skyline, I've even owned one made out of solid gold!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

• 3 months later...

I just received a vintage Skyline that I need to restore. I love the look of the Doric. The new product is gorgeous too. I'm going to have to save up for one. Thanks for reviving them, Syd!

Despite my name and it's dubious "shut off" valve gimmick, I have to agree with Casca, when he tells Brutus: "'twas not a crown, neither; 'twas one of these Coronets"?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I gravitate to the Fifth Avenue myself. I know I'm in a serious minority, but the Fifth Avenue to me is one of the most beautiful pens ever designed. I mean, it's an art deco hooded nib! But really I just want to know more about anything Wahl-Eversharp, especially the design process for their pens. I kind of see a certain craftsmanship in aesthetics that just wasn't present for other pen manufacturers out there. Every pen is like a work of art, even something as innocuous as a Ventura! That's my two cents at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the brand, so please educate me, but I do not see deco band on the list, or are those models known by another name?

• 7 months later...

I wouldn´t say no to a Coronet, if I happened to get one, but I am definitely into the Skylines. The old ones, mind you, I just can´t get used to the colours of the new ones.

I love the Modern Stripe ones, those colours are superb, and I have managed to get some of them, still being on the lookout for the rest of them. For me, the single coloured ones just don´t have the same appeal and most of the single coloured body/striped cap ones aren´t what I´m looking for either - although I do have a superb pen/pencil-set in Dubonnet Red with a red/green striated cap, gold filled derby and broad cap ring, that I like very much, perfectly matched up with Diamine Red Dragon ink.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I tend to gravitate to the Skylines, but also like the really old ringtops. Currently, I have a couple Skyline Command Performance pens, a couple Gold Award pens, some demi/standard/executive plastic pens.

Also a matched pen/pencil set in the gold filled ringtop, and a sterling ringtop (which needs some serious silversmithing to return it to function). An old Oxford was snagged as part of a junk pen lot as well.

A strange School/thrift pen, which has an unusual wide band at the base of the cap. Oh, and a "Golden" Symphony NIB old stock pen set was recently acquired.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

"Poll: Which Wahl Eversharp Model Are you most interested in?"
"•Wahl History"

Don't think I've ever run across that model before!

And I didn't have the heart to tell her why.
And there wasn't a part of me that didn't want to say goodbye.