Le Stylo Rally

Parcival

10 days ago I saw a pen on ebay. The seller wrote that he has no brand.

I remembered that I've seen this somewhere. :bonk:

Yes - in the book Collectible Fountain Pens by Juan Manuel Clark. :headsmack:

I have consulted and saw that it was a French pen Rally. :eureka:

He had a buy now price of 19.50 euros. I decided to buy it. The seller was very nice :thumbup: and offered free shipping. Today I got a pen. :happyberet:

Rally 10 /marked on body/, button filler, length - 12 cm, France, 1943. This is a great pen.

More information - in this wonderful review: http://www.enter-net.de/auktion/artikel/rally_e.htm

I would not be able to write better. :thumbup:

Edited by Parcival

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WanderingAuthor

• simp

• Parcival

• GerseSjaak

10 days ago I saw a pen on ebay. The seller wrote that he has no brand.

I remembered that I've seen this somewhere. :bonk:

Yes - in the book Collectible Fountain Pens by Juan Manuel Clark. :headsmack:

I have consulted and saw that it was a French pen Rally. :eureka:

He had a buy now price of 19.50 euros. I decided to buy it. The seller was very nice :thumbup: and offered free shipping. Today I got a pen. :happyberet:

Rally 10 /marked on body/, button filler, length - 12 cm, France, 1943. This is a great pen.

More information - in this wonderful review: http://www.enter-net...kel/rally_e.htm

I would not be able to write better. :thumbup:

That is fascinating. It was made during the war, in an occupied country. :puddle: I had wondered if there were any countries other than Germany - and Britain, of course - still making pens while caught up in the war. This is the first example I've personally seen. (Other, more knowledgable members may have known the answer for years. But your post is the first instance I've seen of solid evidence that at least one country, France, had enough material to produce pens even during the war.)

My Quest for Grail Pens:

Onoto The Pen 5500

Gold & Brown Onoto Magna (1937-40)

Tangerine Swan 242 1/2

Large Tiger Eye LeBoeuf

Esterbrook Blue-Copper Marbled Relief 2-L

the Wandering Author

Very nice pen.

I would like to know more about this company, but I could find just some very terse info in a dead website. All I have now are some french ads, published here:

http://www.fountainpen.it/Categoria:Stylo_Rally_Ads

I'd like to know more about this brand, but I could not find more infos.

Simone

Fountain Pen Wiki - www.FountainPen.it

Fountain pen Chronology (need help to improve...)

Old advertisement (needing new ones to enlarge the gallery...)

• 5 years later...

Here I was hoping for a story about a new Rally with minis and Renault A330s and dust and folk lining the roads and dancing out of the way of rushing cars and ...

My Website