The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Capless Quick Review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thehewett

thehewett

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2011 - 23:08

Hi, this will be my first review for this website, today i'm writing with Stipula Davinci, Lamy Dialog 3 and Pilot Fermo.
as you know these are the most popular capless pens in the market today, please tell me if there's more of this kind around there.

the first pen, this is my Stipula Carbon Fiber Davinci retail price.- 500 dlls.

Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
this red box has a litle drawer where all the info, warranty and cartridges are stored, is very large and luxury with fine materials.

second, Pilot namiki Fermo in Blue, retail 280 dlls.

Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
Pilot has two diferent presentations depending where was it purchased, mine is from japan so this is the basic plastic presentation box, i know pens from america dealers come with more luxury, even leather cases

and finally LAMY dialog 3, paladium , retail 300 dlls.

Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
this one i bought in las vegas last year, it comes in a very beautiful and modern box made of wood that keeps closed with small magnets, good design

------
Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
the three pens measure almost the same lenght but Stipula is the widest and the heaviest followed by Lamy, Fermo has the perfect size and weight to me.
-------

Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
S. Davinci has a long and flexible Medium Nib, made of titanium i find it great, it glides over the paper like no other, actually it has this particular sensation when writing. you feel no friction at all. the nib looks great!

Fermo has a little nib, very tiny 18kt that doesn't look like a fountain pen, i bet this is the smallest nib of any pen on the market, its not flexible at all but writes just fine.

LAMY dialog 3 nib is hard and not as precise as the other pens, is the classic 14 kt same nib of many other lamy pens i got, so it just writes fine but nothing special.

------
Posted Image
----
Posted Image
---
Posted Image
--------

Posted Image
Shot at 2011-09-04
MY Davinci is a very luxury pen that keeps the attenion on it, made of carbon fibre has not the same quality as the german and japanese pens, as it is a more artesanall product, it is not a pen for a daily use, for example if you put it in your shirt's pocket it would be too heavy and the pocket would bend or the pen fall. also the pen is wider than you would like to use to write many pages, at least to me.
Dialog 3 is one of my favorites among my collection. fine materials, great quality although i have experienced some failures with the internall mechanism sometimes, maybe it is too complex. regardless that i love this pen and the brand.
pilot fermo is a great product, is the perfect daily pen, but is also very luxury, due to the weight and slim size i find it just perfect and enjoyable to write with. this Blue color is very pretty is more lie a dark blue. the clip does not bothers at all when writing
the three pens are good to have.
if i had to chose just one..... pilot FERMO

let me know if there's any particular info i can share with you ,
thank you for watching

Edited by thehewett, 05 September 2011 - 01:22.

collection: LAMY CP1 pt, 2000, Safari, Logo, Accent, dialog 3; MONTBLANC Generation, VIP,145; Nettuno barracuda, Rotring 600 lava, STIPULA Carbon Davinci, Gaudi Batlo; NAMIKI Falcon,Fermo,VP; Sailor prof. gear, Marlen Saxophone, DUNHILL, AD2000 and Sentryman Carbon, Sidecar; Tombow zoom 101; KAWECO carbon; HYSEK carbon, black, PLATINUM 25G, DELTA momo, PORSCHE D. leather.

Sponsored Content

#2 Lince

Lince

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2011 - 00:32

Great review, nice pens!
A capless classic is the VP also by pilot.

#3 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:03

Thanks for this great comparison review! I've long wished for a Da Vinci. This just makes me want one even more :)
Tamara

#4 FlatCactus

FlatCactus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:28

Hi, great comparison and the Da Vinci looks great!

Basically I'm just here to once again shout praises for the Dialog 3. Posted Image
I haven't had any trouble with drying out (then again I use it almost every day) and it looks and works as good as new even after several months of everyday school use (What's the point in a good pen if you're not going to use it?). Due to the weight of the pen though I'm very careful about dropping it. The one time I did it only fell a metre onto carpet and all is well. Highly recommended.

Also, true to it's name it is an attention grabbing pen and initiates much... dialog[ue]. Posted Image

Edited by FlatCactus, 05 September 2011 - 07:29.

Sponsored Content

|