• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marckuypers

• rogerb

• DAYoung

• watch_art

It's a nice looking but far from the best looking pen imho. CS seems to have a lot of these silver/acrylic pens and they look all pretty much the same to me. This one has some really nice engraving but it does not make me jump up and wanting to buy it, metal sections are a big no-no for me. A really nice pen but far from the best looking CS of FP imho.

Edited by GeeTee

I find it beautiful and don't mind metal sections neither, since I like some extra weight.

It looks great.

However, ordinary CCs are not very interesting to me.

Taking it all together, I would prefer to spend this amount of money on some other pen.

As it's not obvious, perhaps you can point out what makes it 'the best-looking pen'? What qualities make it stand apart from other pens?

I keep some retired race horses, you would not believe how fussy they are with their food, everything has to be perfect and taste fantastic.

I also have some elderly donkeys, these are rescue donkeys, they have all been mistreated and now have a life of leisure. They havent got a clue when it comes to food, eat anything, it makes no difference to them whether they have brussels sprouts or best strawberries.

Some like the best, others havent got a clue.

I suppose it's just down to personal taste. If you like something then most times, you'll find the way to get it. I think that this sort of pen, irrespective of the manufacturer, is just too fancy and/or ornate.

I used to like very simple, plain if possible, side-plates on my shotguns for that reason. Forgetting the made-to-measure guns, they are basically all tubes that small lead or equivalent substances are propelled down at speed.

My cameras are simple; the older ones are brass and steel, but it's the bits of glass that are the really important part.

With pens, it's the nib that's important to me and whether the barrel etc is made of platinum and inlaid with precious stones doesn't matter. BUT, if I wanted one I'd find a way to get one.

However, I don't - for relevance to this particular post, I'll stick to the Bellivers and the CS100 model I've on order. Simple and with just the same nibs as the more/most expensive models (well, near enough).

Edited by The Good Captain

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Doesn't rock my boat - but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things. Enjoy your pens.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Well, I love it, too, Parkette .....

I have a Windsor, with an 'Oxonianed' IB nib, and it is one of my best writers and I find the 'inertia' of the substantial body helps to keep my somewhat shaky hand under control!

The engraving on the Sandringham is much better than my Windsor, IMO ... I'd say it is 'tastefully ornate' ..... unlike the vulgar monstrosities from some other manufacturers.... which I won't name.... :rolleyes:

.....so I would, wouldn't I? :)

(I don't want to re-open an old discussion, but personally prefer the versatility and easy maintenance of C/Cs over the larger capacity of piston-fillers).

But, as has been said, many times, YMMV!

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Why thank you Roger, obviously a man of taste and distinction.

Perhaps some others might enjoy something more like the following:

It works well for me, but not for my wallet at this point. I find it very attractive as well thanks, without the need to analyze why.

Post Script

Those fat roller ball kit pens are actually kind of comfy to my hand. Not that I'd ever buy one with the rubber grips - I'd be worried about them wearing out and falling off. But it would probably be nice for a desk pen.

:thumbup:

Why thank you Roger, obviously a man of taste and distinction.

Perhaps some others might enjoy something more like the following:

There are two kinds of people: those who agree with me and those who are wrong :P

Don't try to see the world in black and white. It's a nice pen but but i think there are nicer pens. There is one in the picture: I think the Balmoral is nicer than the Sandringham...but still not a pen i want (and too expensive for me anayway).

Not for me but I hope you enjoy yours.

Dave

Thankful for being blessed with a genteel life and wonderful wife

I think the Balmoral is nicer than the Sandringham...but still not a pen i want (and too expensive for me anayway).

I thought they were all three just different colors of the same pen! :P

Look the same to me (except the details on the metal bits)