San Francisco Penmanship Contest ~ For An Amazing Prize!

pb2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smk

• pb2

• andybiotic

• fuchsiaprincess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors. It was fun. Nerve-wrecking working an entry, but fun!

I thoroughly enjoyed all the entries as well.

Kudos to the other winners! I look forward to the prize you collectively pick for me :-P

Cheers,

Sam

I just have to say:

Beyond the artistry of the penmanship, above the creativity of the individual visions of how to set word onto paper, and past the unique gifts that each of the entrants has brought to this... The entire effect, when taken against the world of hurt we all seem to be in on this planet, is joyous and uplifting.

Thank you to each and every participant, and to the wonderful Pendleton for initiating.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations and my thanks go to everyone. This has been such a wonderful experience. Everyday I was excited to see what new and wonderful entries were being posted - such great work from all (Everyone should be super-proud). And SMK, Stevelight, Andybiotic and Lamder - your pieces are so exceptional, the skills you've shown are simply astounding. With each one I got more and more excited about creating my own pieces. And I can't say enough good things about the whole thing. The generosity of the contributors, the support of the network and the creativity of the entrants made for new and surprising smiles for six weeks. PB2- this has been amazing. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

I'd like to give my own special thanks to mlknlasi, smk, PB2 and to everyone that enjoyed my pieces. The kind words were often the highlight of my day, and in some cases my entire week. Thank you again and again.

:cloud9:

the flexistentialist

I suspect I might be holding up the line. I'll take the Namiki Falcon so generously offered by John Mottinshaw.

I have had a secret fixation on a Namiki Falcon with a full-flex xxxf by Mr. Mottinshaw for some time now - this will tide me over until I can get one :-)

Many thanks to all the donors for their generosity. They made the whole experience that much richer.

Regards,

Salman

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

I was asked to show what the magical music nib can do.

It came in the mail Saturday evening and I think I've filled an entire notebook of practice pages with it so far.

Here is one such practice page.

Since it is a music nib, my practice sessions have all had a musical theme - mostly Rimsky-Korsakoff's Flight of the Bumble Bee. I was bouncing off the wall with excitement and it seemed to bounce along right with me. As far as text to practice on, I have a tendency to grab Danny Kaye song lyrics when I practice and Tschaikowsky and Other Russians seemed to fly along at Bumble Bee speeds. The nib is incredibly brush-like in flexibility and I've been surprised by just how thin as well as how impressively thick it can get from one stroke to the next. If I were only allowed one word to describe it, it would be flexible — not just that the tines spread and snap-back, but that writing, drawing and composing, this nib can do it all. And I'm so proud and honored that I get to use it.

Thank you all so, so much!

the flexistentialist

:bunny01: :cloud9: :bunny01:

and other russians.pdf

• 3 years later...

A sexy nib alone does not maketh a pen and paper sign one must add the PERSONAL TOUCH , YOU!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVELY POSTS

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today