Welcome to the WAHL-EVERSHARP Forum

Wahlnut

Syd,

I am not a frequent visitor to the site although I have been a member for several years. That said, I do have a problem with repairing a Doric with the piston-fill(?) mechanism. I have looked but cannot find a way to search the forums for specific topics and am sure that I have over-looked something. Can you help by explaining how to search in reply to this note?

Thank you,

A

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wahlnut

• Switala

• GHigley

• Billy295

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found an old Eversharp today as I was going through some old boxes of my parents. I haven't figured out how to post a picture here, so is there some site I can go to to see if I can figure out model and year?

• 1 month later...

I found an old Eversharp today as I was going through some old boxes of my parents. I haven't figured out how to post a picture here, so is there some site I can go to to see if I can figure out model and year?

My find was a 1942 Eversharp Skyline. It's been repaired and restored. Starting using it this week, but I'm not sure what kind of nib it has - seems somewhat more flexible than I'm used to using. Just trying to get the hang of it right now.

post-36319-0-23103400-1425578133_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello Folks,

I bought this unrestored mottled red, lever filler "Wahl Pen" with a 14K #2 nib on eBay about a year ago and am interested in learning more about it. From what I've seen on the web it's an early one from the 1920's. Any information on it or how to date it more accurately would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

post-113775-0-46343800-1446356761_thumb.jpg

post-113775-0-38074100-1446357664_thumb.jpg

Edited by GHigley

Thanks to the PCA library, I located the pen in Wahl's 1928/29 catalogs. I'm looking forward to having it restored, perhaps at the Ohio Pen show next month.

• 1 year later...

I purchased these Eversharp pens today and the Wahl Eversharp Green pen I need help identifying. Any help with the Doric would be appreciated toopost-133259-0-42875900-1480850525_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Aloha, Syd, from the sunny State of Hawaii. I just joined the network and look forward to spending more time navigating through all the interesting areas of interest. At the suggestion of another member, who was responding to my introduction, he recommended that I consult with you regarding a very interesting fountain pen which I inherited from my grandfather. It is a 1923 Wahl small gold filled fountain pen. Attached is a photo of the pen. I plan to restore the pen and pass it on to my son in the future. The nib will need to be adjusted and the sac will have to be replaced. However, as you can see on the attached photo, the ink lever is missing. In my introduction and in the repair/restoration forum, I posted an inquiry as to whether, perhaps, a fellow member might have a spare lever which I could buy to use on my pen. The replies included suggestions that I ask the professional restorer to out source a lever. I wonder if you have any leads on how and where I can locate another lever and general information on this interesting small fountain pen. It looks like it could have been hung around the neck, or it may have been carried in a vest pocket, similar to how gentlemen used to carry pocket watches back in the day. The other question that I posted in the other forums was whether another lever from either a different Wahl pen and/or a lever from a different brand fountain pen can be used and/or adapted to fit my pen. I understand that you have a wealth of information on Wahl fountain pens, and we are very fortunate to have such a resource person as yourself in this forum. I could not find much information on this pen on the internet and look forward to your thoughts on how to replace the lever and any comments you may have regarding this pen. Moreover, if you could recommend a professional restorer that has prior experience servicing these Wahl vintage fountain pens would be great. I understand that it could be quite challenging to remove the nibs in these type of pens, inasmuch as they used shellac to secure the nib and feed into the section. As they say in the islands of Hawaii, "Mahalo" (thank you) for your help. Fernando.

post-133808-0-21572300-1483663870_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone. I'm a new member and my name is Billy. Recently, I purchased an Eversharp

sixty four pen and mechanical pencil set. I would like to have both restored to working condition.

The pencil seems ok but I don't know what size lead to purchase. No lead came with pencil. Does anyone know what size it takes and a source? I can't tell for sure if it work until I get the right size lead.

The pen writes very smooth when dipped in ink but the bladder has completely disintegrated. Who would you recommend for restoring? How much should it cost?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Billy

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase of a Sixty Four set!

I can highly recommend Danny Fudge at The Write Pen for your repairs. He offers great work, a fair price, and very quick turnaround time.

Good luck!

Dear Crescentfiller. Thanks for your fast recommendation. I'll give Mr. Fudge a try. Any ideas about lead size for the pencil? Thanks again. Billy

• 7 months later...

I have fallen for the vintage pens.

I didn't know anything about Wahl Pens. I learned something recently and I am planning to add a Wahl Skyline Pen and try them.

This is a great thread and this inspires me more into these pens. :o

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Im honored to be in touch with such a devotee of W-E. Im a fan, and recently acquired a new Deco band as well as a vintage one. The vintage looks much like your pen closest to the ruler in your photo.

Im happy to report comparable quality in the flex capabilities of the new and the vintage ones. We constantly hear that the vintage ones are so much better. I equally pleased to see that the new version (I have the Gatsby) is ever larger...a truly magnificent pen!

As a note and guide to collectors, Ive recently been trying to acquire a vintage counterpart to a pen newly introduced to the market, e.g., Conway-Stewart, Waterman, and Montblanc.

Best wishes to all,

Vince Luizzi

Austin, TX

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I finally found my "holy grail" pen ; the W-E Equipoised Type 2, Brazilian Green with the flexible nib.

Hard to find, good for my wallet :-)

Kind regards,

Stef

• 6 months later...

New here and wanted to say hello. An older relative, 97 to be exact, recently passed on. As I was helping to clean things out of the house I came upon two Eversharp pens. One is a Skyline and I am not sure what model the other is. Just had them both restored and now have them back. The Skyline has a lever filling system. I remember my mother having one like that. The other is a bladder that I just squeeze I think. I am assuming they are from the 1940's. Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand of ink? Will check YouTube for filling instructions.

Cheers,

Thomas

IMG-1755.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, arriving at the forum and presenting my Skyline. I have learned a lot from the excellent content of the FPN. Thank you all.

WP_20210114_12_28_22_Rich.jpg

WP_20210114_12_28_15_Rich.jpg

Nice pens!

I have used a few inks on my Skyline: Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black, Diamine Eclipse, Skrip Blue/ Black, and Lamy Blue. I am not a big fan of Noodler's and find Waterman inks too wet for me to use.

But Skylines have a wonderful feed that is ready to accept any ink, the only limitation you have is to buy an ink that is friendly with Latex sacs.

Enjoy!

45 minutes ago, AL01 said:

Canetas legais!

Usei algumas tintas no meu Skyline: Pelikan 4001 Blue / Black, Diamine Eclipse, Skrip Blue / Black e Lamy Blue. Não sou um grande fã da Noodler e acho as tintas Waterman úmidas demais para eu usar.

Mas Skylines tem um feed maravilhoso que está pronto para aceitar qualquer tinta, a única limitação que você tem é comprar uma tinta que seja compatível com sacos de látex.

Apreciar!

Thanks for the compliment to the pens, now I realized that the photo does not distinguish the colors well, they are green, black and a burgundy set, from top to bottom. They are fantastic to write, I only had problems with broken nibs two when I purchased. but I got original nibs to replace. By the shape of the cracks I imagine it was due to excessive effort to treat as a flex nib.

Regards

You can give the nibs to a jeweler who does laser welding. 

Never done it myself, but we used to do jewelry repairs and the best nibmeisters who physically repair nibs have a somewhat similar skill set when it comes to repairing cracks.

6 minutes ago, AL01 said:

Você pode dar as pontas a um joalheiro que faça solda a laser. 

Nunca fiz isso sozinho, mas costumávamos fazer consertos de joias e os melhores nibmeisters que consertam fisicamente as pontas têm um conjunto de habilidades semelhante quando se trata de consertar rachaduras.

Unfortunately here in Brazil I still haven't found anyone with enough knowledge to do this type of welding, I have some rarer nibs depending on this service. Luckily I found nibs of time to replace, the damaged ones are saved if you find someone to do the service or there is a quantity that justifies sending to another country.

Was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the skyline and the symphony nibs.  They look almost identical except the breather holes. 
does anyone know if the nibs feel the same or is there a slight difference?

I love the look of the skyline but at this point it is a little too pricey for me. I think I can afford a symphony. 

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. 

thanks

Bob