The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Welcome to the WAHL-EVERSHARP Forum

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 awhichard

awhichard

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 16:36

Syd,

I am not a frequent visitor to the site although I have been a member for several years.  That said, I do have a problem with repairing a Doric with the piston-fill(?) mechanism.  I have looked but cannot find a way to search the forums for specific topics and am sure that I have over-looked something.  Can you help by explaining how to search in reply to this note?

Thank you,

A

Sponsored Content

#22 rafizip

rafizip

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:37

I found an old Eversharp today as I was going through some old boxes of my parents.  I haven't figured out how to post a picture here, so is there some site I can go to to see if I can figure out model and year?

#23 rafizip

rafizip

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 17:56

I found an old Eversharp today as I was going through some old boxes of my parents.  I haven't figured out how to post a picture here, so is there some site I can go to to see if I can figure out model and year?

My find was a 1942 Eversharp Skyline.  It's been repaired and restored.  Starting using it this week, but I'm not sure what kind of nib it has - seems somewhat more flexible than I'm used to using.  Just trying to get the hang of it right now.

IMG_1236.JPG

#24 GHigley

GHigley

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:46

Hello Folks,

I bought this unrestored mottled red, lever filler "Wahl Pen" with a 14K #2 nib on eBay about a year ago and am interested in learning more about it.  From what I've seen on the web it's an early one from the 1920's.  Any information on it or how to date it more accurately would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Glenn

Attached Images

• IMG_20151031_210053.jpg
  • IMG_20151101_005634 (1).jpg

Edited by GHigley, 01 November 2015 - 06:04.

#25 GHigley

GHigley

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:28

Thanks to the PCA library, I located the pen in Wahl's 1928/29 catalogs.  I'm looking forward to having it restored, perhaps at the Ohio Pen show next month.  

#26 John_Hiland

John_Hiland

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:23

I purchased these Eversharp pens today and the Wahl Eversharp Green pen I need help identifying. Any help with the Doric would be appreciated tooIMG_3094.PNG

#27 Fernando77

Fernando77

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2017 - 00:55

Aloha, Syd, from the sunny State of Hawaii.  I just joined the network  and look forward to spending more time navigating through all the interesting areas of interest.   At the suggestion of another member, who was responding to my introduction, he recommended that I consult with you regarding a very interesting fountain pen which I inherited from my grandfather.    It  is a 1923 Wahl small gold filled fountain  pen.   Attached is  a photo of the pen.  I plan to restore the pen and pass it on to my son in the future.   The nib will need to be adjusted and the sac will have to be replaced.  However, as you can see on the attached photo, the ink lever is missing.  In my introduction and in the repair/restoration forum, I posted an inquiry as to whether, perhaps, a fellow member might have a spare lever which I could buy to use on my pen.   The replies included suggestions that I ask the professional restorer to out source a lever.  I wonder if you have any leads on how and where I can locate another lever and general  information on this interesting small fountain pen.  It looks like it could have been hung around the neck, or it may have been carried  in a vest pocket, similar to how gentlemen used to carry pocket watches back in the day.  The other question that I posted in the other forums was whether another lever from either a different Wahl pen  and/or a lever from a different brand  fountain pen can be used and/or adapted to fit my pen. I understand that you have a wealth of information on Wahl fountain pens, and we are very fortunate to have such a resource person as yourself in this forum.  I could not find much information on this pen on the internet and look forward to your thoughts on how to replace the lever and any comments you may have regarding this pen.  Moreover, if you could recommend a professional restorer that has prior experience servicing these Wahl vintage fountain pens would be great.  I understand that it could be quite challenging to remove the nibs in these type of pens, inasmuch as they used shellac to secure the nib and feed into the section. As they say in the islands of Hawaii, "Mahalo"  (thank you) for your help.   Fernando.

Attached Images

• IMG_0894.jpg

Sponsored Content

|