The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montegrappa Nero Uno Linea Rose Gold

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2011 - 15:49

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 camoandconcrete

camoandconcrete

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:02

Nice review, thanks! I prefer the look of the regular NeroUno more than the Linea, but its still a beautiful pen.
What I'm looking for: Montblanc 132, 235, 422 and 432. Any help would be most appreciated.

#3 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:05

Thanks for reading, MiamiArchStudent; I must confess I had never heard of Montegrappa before trying this pen, which I bought more because of its nib than because of style considerations.
I agree the style is a bit "heavy", but in the end, it's more about the writing qualities, so I've decided to overcome that. And it's probably the best writer I have so far, I'd put it on a pedestal, like my Pelikan M1000.

Posted Image

#4 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:54

Excellent review. The shape of the nib on this Montegrappa is very similar to the 70's MB22x family. Thank you for bringing this pen to FPN's attention after a long time.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#5 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 15:51

I could never write with the nero uno, always prefered the extra 1930 to it.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#6 lewis

lewis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2011 - 17:19

Nice pen, nice writing, nice ink :thumbup:
Fountain pens aren't a collection, it's an insatiable obsession!

Shotokan Karate: Respect, Etiquette, Discipline, Perseverance

#7 genls

genls

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 00:28

Thank you for this helpful review and the nice pictures.

I have one in gunmetal/chrome, which I think is a bit more subdued than rose gold (although less attractive as well, imho). I happen to like the design overall. Even though I have large hands and this pen is on the narrower side, it's actually very comfortable to hold. The section itself is round rather than octagonal, and it's quite long so there's no chance of my fingers touching the cap screw threads (a major annoyance for me). The only minor annoyance is that when the cap is posted the lip of the cap rubs against my hand as I'm writing.

Agree that the nib is quite smooth, although I have found similar smoothness in other companies' pens as well. My fine nib runs wide - writes more like a medium. I think this inlaid nib is quite attractive, and definitely an asset to the pen.

I actually think this pen is less blingy/overelaborate than most other Montegrappa pens and Italian pens in general. It has a nice, quiet elegance to it, and is why I got it rather than that Krone t-rex I was holding in my other hand....

Edited by genls, 23 August 2011 - 01:39.

#8 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 00:29

My NeroUno Linea is my dream pen, at least now that I have one. I agree with you on the smoothness. It's fantastic! The smoothest pen I own, and my favorite writer since I first got mine last year. It is a large pen, and heavy, but I don't think of it as blingy. What drew me to it was the boldness and the architectural qualities of the shape. I agree that it is a pen that can only truly be appreciated when it's in the hand, laying down that juicy but crisp line. I hope you enjoy yours for years to come :)

Edited to add: it may seem less blingy to me, because I have the smoke trim, which isn't as bright and eye-catching as the rose gold.

Edited by IWantThat, 23 August 2011 - 00:45.

Tamara

#9 agulerer

agulerer

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:50

I have the same fountain pen. I bought it today. I filled it with Pelikan 4001 Violet. But when I write with it, there is some strews. What do you think where is the problem? Ink or Paper. Paper is 120 gr.

#10 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:01

The ink-flow is quite generous on mine. I guess that would be problematic on a paper prone to feathering. Try it on notepad paper, which is usually a bit glossier than white sheets.

Posted Image

#11 gentlewarrior6

gentlewarrior6

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:07

The ink-flow is quite generous on mine. I guess that would be problematic on a paper prone to feathering. Try it on notepad paper, which is usually a bit glossier than white sheets.

Nice review.... what ink did you use?
The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

#12 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:03

Waterman Florida Blue, I nearly only use this ink.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|