The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan P570 With B Nib

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2011 - 14:46

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S. Please bear with my poor photography skills :)

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2011 - 15:32

Interesting. Reminds me a bit of the Cross Townsend.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2011 - 15:55

I only have a Cross Townsend ballpoint, but I'd say the Cross Townsend is longer, and heavier. This Pelikan is rather light, and well-balanced only if you write holding the pen by the body, therefore not as enjoyable as a Townsend, once in hand. If you are used to putting the cap on the body when writing, this definitely isn't a pen for you.

The aluminium section isn't that bad, I mean, if it had been plain metal it wouldn't have been great, so it's a compromise. Not cold and skippy like metal, but not as "warm" as resin. The main advantage of aluminium over resin being that it's not getting fingerprint dirty.

The main concern is price. If you can get this pen for ~$40 NOS, take it. Otherwise, leave it, it's too expensive.

Edited by olivier78860, 13 August 2011 - 15:58.

Posted Image

#4 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:01

thx, olivier!

i think it looks more like the Cross ATX, specially w/o the cap -just the barrel and section.

see this pic taken from somewhere in the web:

Posted Image

#5 Inkwisitor

Inkwisitor

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2011 - 15:46

This is the first time I've come across this particular Pelikan, simple lines and quite elegant.
"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

Sponsored Content

|